TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Smooth as butter...for the most part which means it's going to beat Medusa out of the #1 spot woohoo!!!!

Hey Robb,

Coming up to the MCBR, was there a bit of whiplash sitting in the right seat as you hit that turn hard into the straightaway?

Looks like the left seat doesn't jam around as much there. Perhaps that's why Fred (RMC) appears to prefer the left seat.

Either way, we can FINALLY have an amazing coaster at CP without all the complaining about GK/Val.

Wxyz news in Detroit, just had a great story about steel vengeance on the 7pm news. They had a quick glimpse of Robb(recording off ride footage), and a great interview with Ann from Irvine engineering.

I tried finding the story online, but no luck. Hopefully they will post the video online. Once they do, I will post it on here.

Coming up to the MCBR, was there a bit of whiplash sitting in the right seat as you hit that turn hard into the straightaway?

No. Not at all that I noticed and I rode 8 times today basically all over the train.

Holy Crap!!! Those last 3-4 bunny hills make it look like Steel Vengeance is trying to give you the Heimlich maneuver.

I can't believe this coaster is in the same park as Maverick, MF, TTD, and so many other great coasters. Holy crap has Cedar Point really got another world class coaster on their hands!!

Man, this thing just looks incredible. After watching everything I could get my hands on about SV today, it looks like RMC delivered in spades yet again. To think that Maverick is just steps away, not to mention TTD and MF, and that’s excluding multiple rides that would be headliners at most other parks in the country. Unreal. Now I just have to figure out how to get to Cedar Point this summer...

It looks fantastic; a very impressive ride to say the least! I hope RMC creates more designs like this that run through the structure and not just on top of it. The ride time on this is very impressive indeed.

I had concerns about that massive outward-banked turn as I personally haven't enjoyed them on the RMCs I've ridden, but here it looks much more sustained so less chance of it flinging you back and forth too abruptly. I can't wait to hear some more impressions from folks here once they get to ride it, and I hope to make it back out to CP sometime in the near future.

^ #CandyBar

This ride... I can't quite put into words how awesome it looks. I'm sure CarolinaJay said it best...

Cedar Point might as well not even open the other rides when the park open for the season because everyone will be skipping past everything else and going straight for SV! The damn line will stretch from the coaster to the entrance LOL!!

He's probably not wrong. Considering Banshee's opening day line had it flooding the switchbacks and stretching halfway around the Eiffel Tower at the center of the park, I wouldn't be surprised if he's right. Please, for anyone going, show us the line for the ride when it opens.

Thanks for the excellent quality coverage and review of the coaster. As with any other coaster enthusiast in the country, I now also have to make plans to return to this park.

Eh, honestly for anyone buying Fastlane it makes no sense whatsoever to head to Steel Vengeance until right around 10:00. You can't use it for early entry. Why stand in line when you could marathon Millennium Force, Gatekeeper, Valravn or Maverick and then get in the Fastlane line a few minutes before opening and skip the giant line you would otherwise still be waiting in unless you got up super early to beat the rush at the resort gate and then followed the mob half way across the park?

But yeah, if you don't have Fastlane then you had BETTER get there at 9 and go straight to Steel Vengeance.