TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

How were the restraints? Do you think they will allow for fast loading/unloading?

Do all the other RMC's have an issue with it? Not that I've ever noticed.

I don't think it's truly an issue, but it does take some force to lift them, so some people who don't have a lot of upper body strength have a bit of trouble sometimes. In the hundreds of times I've ridden Outlaw Run over the last few years, it's delayed me getting in the train a dozen maybe? The ops just come over and help and it's solved.

This one is my favorite. He’s shaking at the end of the ride and might actually be crying... [youtu_be]
[/youtu_be]

Ha! I was actually right in front of that guy for that video (you can barely see my light grey coat). No idea if he was embellishing or not, but I genuinely thought he was going to have a heart attack and come back to the station slumped over in his seat

Thanks everyone for posting the POVs and onride vids (I'm so jealous)! I don't want to wish August 16th (16th-19th is my CP trip) to come sooner for me because that means summer is almost over... Has anyone posted whether or not the front or back is any better than the other? I'm assuming the back is the best? I am just trying to gauge where my girlfriend and I should take our first spin on this thing

I still can't believe this is next to Maverick.

When Emily and I go in May I think we'll be spending the majority of our time on the path from MF to Steel Vengeance.

Don't believe everything you see online. From what I was told a lot of these freaking out videos were more 'staged' than you'd like to believe.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this from the start. It confirms my belief that many people believe what they see on TV, the internet, and worst of all political news outlets on both sides of the fence.

The one thing I'm looking forward to most is the different experience SV will provide. CP has a very diverse line-up. It makes it especially great that most of their coasters are, or were at one time, top notch record breaking coasters for their particular model.

Don't believe everything you see online. From what I was told a lot of these freaking out videos were more 'staged' than you'd like to believe.

Yep. I absolutely overheard multiple people, including some in these videos that were posted, figuring out how they were going to make their reaction videos "go viral." I mean, look, it's not like I'm not guilty of it either, but at least my foolishness is more obvious that I'm doing it on purpose!

This, if you dont know, is Marcus Leshock. He's a local Chicago Reporter and a known coaster enthusiast. They send him down to all the media days in parks in the region and he’s been as far as Silver Dollar City, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Cedar Point for Valravn, BGT etc. and always does a short for media day, even though he’s only a local reporter. I’m not even from Chicago and I follow him because I quite enjoy the coaster stuff he does and shares (and because he keeps everything pretty non-political, which is a nice relief. Nearly everything he puts out is positive.)

Anyway, I can’t believe his reactions to Steel Vengenence. He’s always geeky and makes the newcasters laugh but I’ve never seen facial expressions quite like this from him before. Just look at his EYES!!! They look so messed up! And look at the way how EVERYONE gets THROWN around in the last series of bunny hops into the brake run. That just looks brutal!

I've watched this video several times and sent it on to multiple friends, that guy is hilarious!!! I looked back at some other videos of him riding coasters and they are equally funny. I never would have seen it otherwise - thanks very much for posting!

This, if you dont know, is Marcus Leshock. He's a local Chicago Reporter and a known coaster enthusiast. They send him down to all the media days in parks in the region and he’s been as far as Silver Dollar City, Kings Dominion, Dollywood, Cedar Point for Valravn, BGT etc. and always does a short for media day, even though he’s only a local reporter. I’m not even from Chicago and I follow him because I quite enjoy the coaster stuff he does and shares (and because he keeps everything pretty non-political, which is a nice relief. Nearly everything he puts out is positive.)

Anyway, I can’t believe his reactions to Steel Vengenence. He’s always geeky and makes the newcasters laugh but I’ve never seen facial expressions quite like this from him before. Just look at his EYES!!! They look so messed up! And look at the way how EVERYONE gets THROWN around in the last series of bunny hops into the brake run. That just looks brutal!

I've watched this video several times and sent it on to multiple friends, that guy is hilarious!!! I looked back at some other videos of him riding coasters and they are equally funny. I never would have seen it otherwise - thanks very much for posting!

FYI - Marcus is the real deal. He’s not one of the “fakers” I was referring to.

Does anyone know if the headlights on the Steel Vengeance trains will actually light up, as in the animated TV commercial? I hope so- that would look AWESOME!

Sadly, they don't. Same thing with Twisted Timbers (which you'd think they would actually have working lights on that train since it resembles a vehicle). It sucks, but...oh well.

FYI - Marcus is the real deal. He’s not one of the “fakers” I was referring to.

In case anyone was wondering why I made a really awkward effort effort to introduce him rather than just post his video, it's because I wanted to ensure everyone that his reactions were genuine based on his character. He's not an inexperienced rider and his stories are usually pretty objective and absent of sensationalism (a rarity these days). Which pretty much comes back to why I even follow him even though he's way outside of my coverage region.

But yeah, I still cant get over what this ride did to his face.

Quick question, what is the cheapest and best place to stay near cedar point for one night?

I've never stayed there myself, but I've heard several forum members recommend Econo Lodge North. It's right across the street from the park.

^Two years ago there was not. KT and I used uber twice and would have wanted to use it more, but most of the time there were no cars. The two people we had drive us told us it wasn't very popular there. I'm hoping things have changed! We also tried to have GR call us a cab and they couldn't even get through to the numbers they had for local taxis!

Quick question, what is the cheapest and best place to stay near cedar point for one night?

I've never stayed there myself, but I've heard several forum members recommend Econo Lodge North. It's right across the street from the park.

I've stayed there twice and am staying there again in June.

I've stayed there twice and am staying there again in June.

I tried to get a room there for CoasterMania, but it was booked solid, so I'm staying over at Comfort Inn River's Edge, about 20 minutes away.