TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

Related, I just (around midnight) got an email saying my Gold pass (and dining passes/flash passes) have been extended through Dec 31 2021. So all of next year instead of just the few months they delayed opening.

Now if only the other park I have a pass for would do the same.

I was at SFOG today. We had a good time. I do have season FP so that obv helps. Park was busy! Lines were long. Mobile ordering at most places was great. Bad Bob show was great as usual.

2 small walk through Halloween sections. Both only took 2 or 3 minutes but cool that they set something up. The scenes were good for what they were.

I have to admit, the park was impressive today. It gets a horrible rap and deserves it most of the time, but they appear to be trying more now than ever. Far more covid protocols here than I've seen this summer at KI, CP, Hershey, HW, etc. A lot more security around the park. Security in lines spacing people apart. Granted, the crowd here isn't the best and can get unruly. We were about 10 seconds from a 5-10 person throw down when security swarmed in and took care of business.

I've drug my wife to plenty of parks this summer. Holiday World is the only park that's bothered here. When we left she said, "I can't believe they seem to be doing to most about distancing and all that. Never would have guessed that."

Also, I should mention again, they were busy. This was like normal busy Saturday level crowds. Good to see.

And, after posting that, I see instagram posts showing fairly big fights in the parking lot and in the park tonight. Seems the parking lot fight was a lot of kids and traffic was at standstill. I think leaving just before close was a good call tonight. And this probably explains why I saw a ton of security all day.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of visiting the park the weekend of December 11th. Just wondering how it is to visit the park that time of year, which coasters are usually closed if any, and what is the park doing for covid, access pass system or just socially distance in line? 

I also see that you have to make reservations. What if your late for your reservation? 

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Question for those of you who are more familiar with the park than I am. I’m going to be in Atlanta in Feb. for work.... Is SFOG open in Feb usually?? Or does it not open till later? - Forgive me for not being familiar with their operating season. 

Looking at news reports that come up from Google searches of "Six Flags Over Georgia Opening Day" and 2019 and 2018, it seems like they typically open in March.  Next year is anyone's guess with COVID nonsense.

• Thanks 1

On 11/10/2020 at 10:18 AM, AndrewA86 said:

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of visiting the park the weekend of December 11th. Just wondering how it is to visit the park that time of year, which coasters are usually closed if any, and what is the park doing for covid, access pass system or just socially distance in line? 

I also see that you have to make reservations. What if your late for your reservation? 

Thank you.

Edit: D'oh. I just realized this post was from mid November. Regardless it provides info for anyone thinking about going the remainder of the season. 

I was just at the park Friday and Saturday night. Twisted Cyclone, Joker's Funhouse Coaster and of course Mindbender were the only coasters closed Friday night. Twisted Cyclone ran on Saturday. The park was absolutely dead Friday night and not much busier on Saturday. 

• 2 weeks later...

Typically, no they open in very early March usually. All you really need to do to get info like that is go back to any past February in this thread and see if people are posting about opening day and when that is (read: was) happening.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tndank said:

Dead.  You probably wont see any lines over 10 or 20 min, if that.

Today everthing was pretty much a walk-on.  It got a little busier after it got dark (5-10 minute waits on a few rides), but yeah it's dead this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Aparently, Six Flags over Georgia has an odd new camera policy. However, that's not the main reason as to why I'm sharing this video.  Later in the video it appears as though the ride ops are not exactly the best at what they do. They apparently endangered guests at least twice throughout the day the YouTuber was visiting SFOG. Is this a consistent problem or an isolated incident?

Mod Edit: Sorry, we don’t allow videos from this channel on our site. Thanks.

Sounds to me like the problem is the douchebag doing the filming, but maybe that's just me.  Homeboy sounded like he had a point to make after being "treated so unfairly, woe is me" over the camera issue.  By the way, it has been Six Flags Corporate Policy since I started working for them in 1998 that professional-grade cameras were not allowed to be used anywhere on park property without permission.  If someone violates that, and then gives the security staff a hard time about it (which, by his attitude in the video, I'm 99.9% sure happened), that's when they call the police.  This "videographer" should be happy that they let them continue their day at the park instead of having them arrested for trespassing, which is what its called when a property owner no longer wants you there. The fact that the idiot, low level, barely-over-minimum wage, seasonal security guard at the main gate let them in with it does not negate their policy.

Finally, bringing "loose articles" in your pockets on a ride wherein the seats basically encompasses all around your hips is not "endangering guests."  Jesus you're so melodramatic about it, I almost think that you might be the videographer, in which case you're in violation of TPR's rules about promotion of competing YouTube channels.

Edit:  Oh, the ride ops missed unsecured legs?  Yeah, that might be something.

Edit 2:  Watched through the whole video this time.  Its hard to tell with the masks, but the dude with his leg out sure looks a whole lot like the friend of the videographer, who would certainly have an ax to grind after the camera issue "treatment."  I'm calling that the kid intentionally slipped his leg out after it was secured to make the park look bad.   I've never been to SFOG, but at the installation at SFGAdv, the ride ops need to manually secure each seats ankle restraints, and there's no way doing that they would've missed a leg being in it.  Sure, bad on the ride ops for not catching it, but shame on the kid too.

Them sending out the train with one of those guy's legs not secured is certainly not a good look by any means. I'm not sure how dangerous that could possibly be but it's also very ironic/what are the odds that happened and they got that on video after having issues with everything else during the same day. Like hitting a mini lotto lol

Also how does someone who is a roller coaster youtuber not wear something with a zipper pocket anywhere to hold some of their stuff? lol

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Them sending out the train with one of those guy's legs not secured is certainly not a good look by any means. I'm not sure how dangerous that could possibly be but it's also very ironic/what are the odds that happened and they got that on video after having issues with everything else during the same day. Like hitting a mini lotto lol

I'd say the odds are pretty good if they manufactured the situation.

• Like 1

Yeah, the unsecured leg is definitely an issue from the park's standpoint, but this also seems like the video poster is exploiting the situation for benefit of his channel.  For whatever reason, negatively connotated videos tend to do really well on YouTube.  Currently that video has 47k views after just one day, while the majority of the other videos he's posted in the past few months don't even have half that total.

• Like 1

SFoG has some of the worst employees and ride ops in the country.  This doesn't surprise me.  The park in general seems to phone it in now days.  The president of the park doesn't care about improving or doing anything new.

9 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Sounds to me like the problem is the douchebag doing the filming, but maybe that's just me.  Homeboy sounded like he had a point to make after being "treated so unfairly, woe is me" over the camera issue.  By the way, it has been Six Flags Corporate Policy since I started working for them in 1998 that professional-grade cameras were not allowed to be used anywhere on park property without permission.  If someone violates that, and then gives the security staff a hard time about it (which, by his attitude in the video, I'm 99.9% sure happened), that's when they call the police.  This "videographer" should be happy that they let them continue their day at the park instead of having them arrested for trespassing, which is what its called when a property owner no longer wants you there. The fact that the idiot, low level, barely-over-minimum wage, seasonal security guard at the main gate let them in with it does not negate their policy.

Finally, bringing "loose articles" in your pockets on a ride wherein the seats basically encompasses all around your hips is not "endangering guests."  Jesus you're so melodramatic about it, I almost think that you might be the videographer, in which case you're in violation of TPR's rules about promotion of competing YouTube channels.

Edit:  Oh, the ride ops missed unsecured legs?  Yeah, that might be something.

Edit 2:  Watched through the whole video this time.  Its hard to tell with the masks, but the dude with his leg out sure looks a whole lot like the friend of the videographer, who would certainly have an ax to grind after the camera issue "treatment."  I'm calling that the kid intentionally slipped his leg out after it was secured to make the park look bad.   I've never been to SFOG, but at the installation at SFGAdv, the ride ops need to manually secure each seats ankle restraints, and there's no way doing that they would've missed a leg being in it.  Sure, bad on the ride ops for not catching it, but shame on the kid too.

The thing is this isn't the first time the leg thing happened, there is a photo out there were a dude didn't have his legs secured in the restraint and the ride ops still dispatched the train onto the lift.

Great Adventure employees are trained to kick the leg flaps, I also know Great Adventure was strict with cameras and he complained at that time, he also complained majorly (At that time) of the El Toro Locker Policy. I remember when his friend group went to Japan it was constant complaining about how the parks assigned seating and how Japanese parks did there own thing unlike the US. The one that made me stop watching him is on Phoenix he was really upset when the park was doing assigned seating and got a middle row and decided to fight to get back row (This was during the pandemic).  He also got cancelled for other stuff, I hate how people like this guy is an influence in the coaster community, there are only a couple coaster youtubers that I have respect for. (Theme Park Crazy,El Toro Ryan)

(Sorry for any spelling errors)