TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever Been The Only One On A Ride?

Rode Escape from Pompeii by myself once on a "cool" spring day...mostly because of the warm fire effects in the ride. I screamed like mad on the drop and made many who were watching question my sanity. It is really interesting how the tone changes when you are the only rider.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

At Universal we were late for our flight home but really wanted to go on Earthquake (pre-Disaster). We asked at the exit if there was anyway we could ride it without going througth the lengthy pre-show that we simply didn't have time for. My then GF and I offerred to spilt up as single riders wereever they were was as spot. Staff was very kind and said yes but were kinda being weird and laughing about it.

Then we found why. They put us right in the middle of the massive train. Ran an entire cycle just for us. All while cracking some jokes over the PA about the exclusive nature of the ride. "We hope that BOTH of surive. We are glad that BOTH of you enjoyed the ride." etc, etc.

Very surreal and memerable experience. A bit awkward because all eyes were on us. But long story short: an amazing way to end an Orlando trip.

• 2 years later...

Being a ride operator for Wild Thing, I got to ride it alone all the time as the test rider before opening for the day. The other coasters I've been on alone include every other coaster at Valleyfair (except Steel Venom and Cosmic Coaster), Kraken, and Carolina Cyclone.

Edited by VF15

I've once been the only one on Cobra and Mammut Tree at Connyland in Switzerland, but this park is so small and hasn't that many visitors, so this is easily the case...

Oh, and on Crazy Mine at Hansa Park and on a fun fair Wild Mouse, I had once a car for myself

First time riding Atlantica SuperSplash at Europa Park I was the only person in the boat. It was 9:40 in the morning and the crowds hadn't gotten to the back end of the park yet (Blue Fire was still a walk-on and Wodan's queue was about 10 minutes). It was actually kinda fun making all kinds of noises when no-one was around to hear it.

Most log flumes I ride alone when I'm at a park by myself.

I rode Mind Bender at SFOG alone because I ran to the ride so fast that they loaded and dispatched me before anyone else got to the ride. When the train pulled back in the entire station was full and people in line seemed confused how I got to ride exclusively haha. Not VIP, just fast on my feet.

I marathoned Sierra Sidewinder 6 times in the morning on a trip to KBF. Later that night, I wanted to get to over 30 rides that day, so I marathoned it about 10 more times at night, and on one of my rides, the crew sent out a train with only me on it. It was awesome