TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever Been The Only One On A Ride?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode Terminator at SF:MM on the very front with just me and my dad's girl friend. I was worried there wasn't going to be enough weight on the train for gravity to get the train back to the station. Not sure why I forgot that rides are designed to complete runs under just their own weight. <_>

I agree with the guy who said that Mean Streak is better with nobody on it. I had 3 cycles in the morning and for some reason that sticks out in my memory as a special moment for me as far as coaster memories go. I thought the ride rode better than other rides I've had on mean streak. I'm not a Mean Streak basher, I look at it as more of a upper level family coaster.

My favorite all time ride with nobody on it was Kumba a few years ago at Halloweekends. Me and a friend of mine who plays for the Buccaneers were on it ( in different rows because I mean hey, he is a Center in the NFl so there wasn't much room) and we got 2 rides in. Very cool ride, the roaring Kumba.

I believe I may have been the only person in the country riding a coaster at one point. It was on a Friday at the end of January in Primm on Desperado, High Roller was long gone by that time and Manhattan Express was down and I went for a series of solo rides just before midnight.

Unless for some reason SPEED was open an hour later than normal, or Disney did something after hours, there is a distinct likelihood that I may have been the countries solo coaster rider at the time. Just one of those weird things that I thought was cool.

• 2 months later...

I've ridden several alone. The raft going to and from Tom Sawyer Island, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Runaway Mine Train, SFOT log ride, El Conquistador, Peter Pan ride, WDW Tea Cups, Mini Mine Train, Spee-Lunker Cave, Spindletop, Spinnaker, Wed-Way People Mover, Journey Into Imagination, Haunted Mansion, and the Chaparral Cars.

• 1 year later...

I've had many solo rides through the years, but I would have to say the two I've had the most rides on are Kumba and Dueling Dragons. ...Including getting two solo rides last Tuesday on Kumba. As for DD, while everyone else is either lining up for the wand shop or Forbidden Journey, I usually head right to the Dragons and get 3 or 4 rides on each side before there's any kind of line.

I actually do the same with ROTM. While everyone runs to Rip Ride Rockit', I'm getting a half dozen walk-on rides in before I have any kind of wait.

I have had a solo ride on The Incredible Hulk in the back row. The ride runs really horrible with light trains. I also had a solo night ride on Jaws at Universal Florida. That was quite strange as the ship captain does the whole spiel even for just one person. I also had fireworks as well during the ride.

Viper at SFMM, Monte at Knott's, and (not a coaster) Revolution at Knott's both at the last WCB. Viper was during ERT, but Monte and Revolution I rode just after opening, when all the crowds were still at Ghostrider and Silver Bullet. On Monte, I rode in the back, and I rode Viper in 7:1. Solo rides are always more fun in the back, as you can see all the empty seats as you go through the elements.

When I would go to Vegas I would usually have Speed The Ride all too myself.

Also, every morning I would test ride Indiana Jones Adventure and BTMRR when I was a ride operator there. A show check is part of the preopening safety checklist, and to make sure all the sound and special effects were working properly. We do this alone to ensure the most quiet ride, so we can focus on the show elements as we go by them.