TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever Been The Only One On A Ride?

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a time a few years ago that I was the last rider of the night on Mystery Mine at Dollywood. I rode it all alone. The rest of the family didn't want to ride again so I went up there by myself. It was a walk on and they were getting ready to close down for the night. They quickly got me on since I was the only guest in the queue. After arriving back at the station, I saw a few other guests get turned away because the ops were in the process of shutting the ride down.

Edited by Jccoasterfan

At SFA I've had Roar and Joker's Jinx all to myself during the park's last hour of operation.

At Great Adv. I had GASM all to myself under similar situations(pre-closing) and B:TR and the left side of RT.The B:TR and RT times where during park event ERT:everybody else was marathoning El Toro&Kingda Ka,so I binge-rode B:TR & RT.On both rides I was in the front seat,and while my personal ERT on Batman was fantastic,the "alone time" I had with RT was magical.

Yep. On Altair at Cinecittà World in Italy. Once on Spring Break, I went there and it was almost literally empty. I think, excluding park staff, there might have been like, ten people at the park! I had all the rides to myself. It's such a fantastic feeling.

I rode the Texas Twister Top Spin flat at SF:WoA all by myself once, and it was literally the best flat ride experience ever! Already, Texas Twister had one of the more aggressive cycles of any Top Spin, but then, after running a regular cycle, and nobody else had lined up for it, the op signaled to me asking whether I wanted to keep going, and I gave him a thumbs up. After that, he cranked up even more wild, and it was insanely flipping over and over and over as it whipped around! Such an awesome ride experience, and one I'll never soon forget!

More recently, I wasn't the only one on the ride, but my son and I got to ride Storm Chaser at KK during an ERT session there, where we were the only riders for two straight runs, sitting in the front seat. That was pretty cool for the both of us!

Technically I wasn’t alone, but it was just me and the girlfriend. We were able to catch the very last train of the day on I305 last year. After having a nice conversation with the grouper earlier in the day about when the line would actually close, we were able to show up right at closing and happened to be the last people he allowed into the line. We chose the front row and everyone had cleared out by the time our train was ready. It’s probably one of my all time favorite rides. At night, nearly silent save for our laughter and enjoyment, and on one of the best rides out there. Pretty awesome way to end my first trip to KD.

Edit: After thinking some more, I did get a truly alone ride on Kumba two years ago in the late afternoon on a random off-season week day. That was pretty fun because the ops were cracking jokes and chatting with me about some of their favorite rides. Man, now that I think about it, I need to get back down there. That Kumba, Montu combination is truly something else.

I have twice; One time on Jurassic Park with my sister right before the park closed, and another time on Gwazi during my 10th birthday. No one was in line, so the ride op put my friends in duel mode and we ended up racing ourselves the entire night. This was when Gwazi was good and both sides were open... *sigh* Those were the days.

Had a weird start to my day at SFGAdv earlier this year:

Started by turning towards the Ka\Zumanjaro dead end to start the day instead of ending up at Toro. When I figured out how to get to El Toro, it had a delay to start the day. After waiting at Toro for a bit and riding El Diablo, I wasn't sure if I wanted to sit at Toro. By now it was 11am so I decided to head to Bizzaro.

As I walk up to Bizzaro I see a train in the station and the 2nd train just sitting on the break run. I walked up to the station and some of the ops are just standing there and a Lead is showing a new crew member something on one of the restraints. The standing ops seemed kinda surprised to see me show up, so I asked if the ride was up and running. They said sure, so I hopped in the front row. The lead took this opportunity to work with the new crew member how to check my restraints.

Did my lap in the front row and returned to a still empty station. Asked if it was cool to jump to the back row. Ops said it was cool, but still seemed perplexed by my presence. After the 2nd lap, some people finally showed up in the station. It was just weird how the ops were acting. Just made the solo laps kinda weird.

The only coasters I've ever been on completely alone were Cornball Express and Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach. Now this was a long time ago, so long that I can't remember what year. I can say that it was back when IB still had the Chance Chaos.

Idk if I've posted it before, but if I have I'm sorry. I was in line for Gold Striker, this was just before they closed for haunt at like 5. I was last in line and it was timed to where they could fill up one full train and I was the last one. This is when I knew the crew at GS and when they saw it was me they weren't surprised at all. Here's the picture though.

image.jpeg.046ee1d4ba3d0bdeecc57b32504e4278.jpeg