TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

^ What does your statement mean John?? I'm flying to Tampa tomorrow to spend some time there. I'd be good with "technical rehearsals." I've done that before at this park and Magic Mountain too. Please advise - thanks.

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
39 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phone.

How dare you forget Cobras Curse Tigris and Scorpion, enthusiasts card revoked lol.

On 11/6/2020 at 9:00 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

How dare you forget Cobras Curse Tigris and Scorpion, enthusiasts card revoked lol.

TBH I completely forgot those rides existed in the first place.

• Haha 1

That’s a whole new level of unnecessary marketing.  Unless they’re still dealing with their payment issues with RMC, might as well just open the ride...

19 minutes ago, WolfBobs said:

Iron Gwazi POV has posted!

About time! I hate how they have not decided to open yet. It is taunting me. But in due time, i cant wait to ride it. 

Looks great, especially the "death roll" and wave turn/90-degree bank under the lift. Based on this video alone I'm not as sold on the last few elements after the stall, but I have faith in RMC.

Looks just as good as the other big RMC's! I see some Hakugei bits, some Twisted Timbers bits, and the death roll + the turn/flip into the diving stall should be pretty awesome. I'm hoping everything goes right to open this coaster on time whenever they announce an official date. Can't wait to visit for the first time!

• Like 2

Im not judging a ride based off the pov, but it looks way better then I was expecting and the ride looked longer as well.  Based on the couple pics I have seen the ride did not look long at all. I was expecting Goliath at SFGAM but it looks way longer then that My excitement factor just went up on this 

Agreed with Zach. . my first thought too was "I see some Hakugei elements" - and that dive / death roll thing looks like it will be THE element that really sings on this ride.

looks great!

Glad we got a video, but I have a pet peeve.

It's 2020.

This footage should be in 4K or at the least 1080p.

OR....they should have hired Robb to shoot it!  

I know the video was overlaid with typical cheesy coaster music, but the lift doesn't seem to be obnoxiously loud like other hybrid conversions. 

Steel Vengeance is full of a ton of rapid transitions and short bursts of ejector airtime. The whole ride feels like the back half of Storm Chaser to me, to an extent. Iron Gwazi looks like it doesn't have as many of those intense elements. I see a lot of somewhat typical overbanked turns. The shorter ride also makes it less of an endurance challenge. I have a feeling I'll like Iron Gwazi a lot more than Steel Vengeance.

• Like 3

Looks great! Can't wait. :)

Also, guys remember: don't rush to judgement over a POV. We've been down that road many times before and the ones who complain a new coaster looks slow, etc are usually wrong.

I've been at Busch the past 4 days (would've been 5 except for the hurricane / tropical storm). Every time I pass IGGI - Iron Gwazi, it's calling my name and taunting me. I really looks great! 😉  :br