TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

^Around Memorial Day, very.  Last year? Nope! On the weekends? Yes.  When exactly are you looking at?

Also note, that ALL parks this year seem to be VERY Crowded both due to pent up demand and lower capacity. 

• Like 1

Never been to BGT, looking at visiting June 18-20 and just hoping that it'll be open. Orrrr just tell us when it'll open so I could plan a visit to Animal Kingdom or something instead. Really, if it's opening on Christmas that's great I just wish we knew soon haha.

4 hours ago, PKI Jizzman said:

Never been to BGT, looking at visiting June 18-20 and just hoping that it'll be open. Orrrr just tell us when it'll open so I could plan a visit to Animal Kingdom or something instead. Really, if it's opening on Christmas that's great I just wish we knew soon haha.

the Kangaroo/Wallaby walkthru is great!

It's one of our favorite "non-ride" areas of the park.

you can feed em too.  . and they have this very helpful sign there to advise:

IMG_0533.JPG

• Haha 2

My kids went through the up charge Kangaroo insider tour on our most recent trip and it was really fun for them. Just a heads up but If you're interested in any of the insider tours book them as early as you can since the prices will go up. My oldest wanted to do the Sloth tour and about 3 months prior to our trip it was like $50, but then the week before it was all the way up to close to $90 (which is why we changed to the kangaroo tour for about $25 lol).

On 4/11/2021 at 12:15 AM, SharkTums said:

^Around Memorial Day, very.  Last year? Nope! On the weekends? Yes.  When exactly are you looking at?

Also note, that ALL parks this year seem to be VERY Crowded both due to pent up demand and lower capacity. 

Tues, Wed, Thurs the week before Memorial Day.

^It won't be terrible but many Florida schools are already out by then so keep that in mind.  For example, Orlando's last day for 200k students is May 25.  Tampa IS still in school that week.  Not as many 'school trips' for the end of the year but some schools and groups have started back up.  In other words, it won't be empty but it will be better than Summer, Spring Break, or Holidays.

Looking at 2 days at BGT, 1 at SWO. The three day ticket sounds like the best option, right? Has anyone else purchased? $132 seems like a great deal. Enjoy three parks for about $44/park at any combination of our theme parks: SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and Adventure Island.

Fine print - Ticket Details. Valid for three (3) visit to Florida Parks (SeaWorld Orlando, Aquatica Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa, and Adventure Island). 

• Like 1

there's a free shuttle (at least used to be) between the parks too. .  so you can base camp in Tampa (cheaper than Orlando), and get to SWO without messing with traffic!

I think we did 4 day when we went (although the 4th was a 1/2 day before heading to the airport). . . but I remember the price being about the same as you note per park.

Seems like a pretty decent deal.  Would a platinum pass through Sea World San Antonio be another option?  It's a higher cost up front ($200) but it does get you free parking, food discounts, plus access to the other parks like the San Antonio location or Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  

6 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Seems like a pretty decent deal.  Would a platinum pass through Sea World San Antonio be another option?  It's a higher cost up front ($200) but it does get you free parking, food discounts, plus access to the other parks like the San Antonio location or Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  

We went to SeaWorld Orlando on SWSA platinum passes last week.  No issues at all.  Preferred parking and in park discounts included in stores.  Encounters are not discounted.

10 minutes ago, dankeykang said:

Last I checked (just now) a SEAS Platinum Pass was $408 after taxes and fees, but yeah if you can get one for $200 I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

I didn’t realize the San Antonio Platinum Pass was so cheap. I may consider that for some family members for next year instead of buying the Fun Card with BGT and Adventure Island that was $115 up until a few weeks ago so they can go to Sea World and Aquatica without using up all 6 bring a friend free tickets with my FL Platinum Pass. 

Robb, KT, and I have NEVER had Platinum passes bought at any of the Florida parks.  They've always been much more money.  Right now some of us have San Diego and some have San Antonio!  Grab the cheapest one you can and enjoy!

Keep in mind that the $133 3-park ticket does NOT include parking, which is now up to $30/day. If you are parking all 3 days I think its actually cheaper to get the 4 day ticket which DOES include parking.

OR, you know, go to Discovery Cove and get the ultimate package, which gives you Discovery Cove and up to 14 days (?) admission to all the FL SeaWorld parks. :)

If you want the "tickets at work" discount on the 3 day ticket....

Screenshot_20210415-190448.thumb.png.676e8cff81736f330fdcf0f943a48b04.png

Go here:

https://www.ticketsatwork.com/affiliates/lifecare/packages.php?sub=packages&action=view&id=78

They also have the unlimited 14 day one including parking for $181.99 after taxes/fees (always go to checkout on tickets at work they add fees later)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SharkTums said:

Robb, KT, and I have NEVER had Platinum passes bought at any of the Florida parks.  They've always been much more money.  Right now some of us have San Diego and some have San Antonio!  Grab the cheapest one you can and enjoy!

Don't you have to activate it at the San Antonio park before you can use it anywhere else?

Thanks for the info!  I went ahead and bought it online from SWSA and it gave me a barcode that appears to be active.  It would still be cool to get a physical card at some point, but I can live without it if I have to.  

• Like 1