TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 348 - Iron Gwazi POV!

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy crap you nerds are a tough crowd.  It looks like a coaster that will make me hoot and holler the entire time I'm on it while simultaneously trying to throw my fat ass as far from the train as pos

I actually agree with many of you talking about how the RMC's are all very similar.  And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with building a ton of very similar kick ass rides when most people who ride

It means that you can look forward to a fun-filled day riding Kumba, Montu, Cheetah Hunt and Sheikra and while you're in line for one of those you might be able to watch an Iron Gwazi POV on your phon

Posted Images

Given that they won't even publish their annual maintenance schedule for 2021 yet (and yes, I asked them), I don't think they have any idea.

I’m thinking about taking a Florida trip this fall (October or November) with Busch Gardens Tampa being part of the trip. I’d probably be at the park on a weekday, I assume those aren’t that busy compared to weekends? Also wondering if they usually have any rides/coasters down for annual maintenance around this time, as I’d hate to go when a ride like Kumba or Montu is closed.

The park is usually good about posting their ride closures a few months in advance.  I've gone the weekend before Thanksgiving and crowds were manageable.  The B&Ms were walk-ons and the worst line was a half hour for Cheetah Hunt.  It's also likely going to be 60-70 degrees that time of year, which sure beats the oppressive summer weather.

If anyone's interested, the park has posted the ride maintenance schedule for the first quarter of 2021.

https://buschgardens.com/tampa/park-info/ride-attraction-schedule/

Jan 5-15 Sheikra
Jan 25-29 Scorpion
Feb 1-5 Elmo's Safari Go Round
Feb 8-12 Big Bird's Whirlie Birdie
Feb 15-19 The Count's Cars
Feb 22-26 Dessert Runners
Mar 1-12 Kumba

And on that note, my trip is booked for the 3rd week of February.  BGT on Thursday the 18th and SWO on Friday the 19th, with Fun Spot Orlando in the evening on the 19th and Fun Spot Kississimee before my flight home on the 20th.  Excited!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, monotone said:

Booked flights to Tampa for the end of April.

It's gotta be open by then, right?

Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

• Like 1
On 1/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, CoasterGuy06 said:

Yeah I have a friend that just moved back to Tampa and he wants me to come visit in April and I told him "I'll come when Iron Gwazi opens." 😂

I keep saying the same thing for returning to Florida but my Disney Premier Pass ends March 31 so March trip here I come. If Iron Gwazi is open by then I'll make a side trip to Tampa from Orlando.