TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Absolutely love that shot of Windseeker at night!

Tasting event looks fun, I've always like their brew and bbq, etc. offerings and agree they should do it every year.

As much as I love the atmosphere I couldn't imagine going to CP and not do any rides. To each their own! I can also understand not wanting to wait in those lines I've read about... wowzas.

Thanks for sharing!

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

Tasting event looks fun, I've always like their brew and bbq, etc. offerings and agree they should do it every year.

As much as I love the atmosphere I couldn't imagine going to CP and not do any rides. To each their own! I can also understand not wanting to wait in those lines I've read about... wowzas.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! 

The event was awesome! Their brews and bbq event is great event also. 

It was hard to get on rides, but i didnt feel like doing the walk of shame. Goal is to lose some weight so i can get back to riding! 

Thanks so much for these pics. I miss Cedar Point so much.

I would never have thought that Cedar Point will be so far away for us one day. :(

On 10/19/2020 at 7:58 PM, anonymouscactus said:

I just honestly can't believe they staffed it...

On 10/23/2020 at 5:05 PM, coasterbill said:

I just honestly can't believe they staffed it...

You can thank all the workers from other cedar fair parks for that! 

Yeah those do look pretty cool.  I would guess that the Steel Vengeance models will all be Blackjack, but it would be cool if they did some Digger and Chess as well.  

43 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Lol

1BA86160-FF12-46EA-AD0F-2C2FB02E0C8C.jpeg

I can confirm, Corkscrew is the only coaster open with a nice 2 hour wait with one train operation for those that are worried their missing out on this epic last day of the year. The wind restrictions here are nuts, I expected a few rides, not all of them to close, haha. 

I mean, Pipe Scream is just a Disk'o'Coaster, and it runs on a powered track. Why close it? Most Zamperla rides have a standard 30 mph wind limitation but that one is not even that tall...

If Cedar Point had even the same rain/wind policy as the other Ohio CF park, let alone just about any other park in the nation, they’d be the best park in the country bar none.  It as it stands, I’d never even consider going here if there was any sort of wind or rain in the forecast. 

If it makes you feel better, the B&Ms at Kings Island closed mid-day due to temperature and didn't reopen.  Beast was posting a 3 hour wait on the app.

5 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

If it makes you feel better, the B&Ms at Kings Island closed mid-day due to temperature and didn't reopen.  Beast was posting a 3 hour wait on the app.

Oh, a night ride on the beast would of been a wonderful experience and a great way to end the season. They did eventually open Wicked Twister for a few hours and we got to ride that as well. 

We made the most out of it though, got to do a lot of flats we normally skip. Fortunately we got to do a good bit Saturday night which made up for the almost non existent coaster line up today.  I was honestly surprised since almost all of the coasters were fully staffed the entire time, but even the ride ops said even though things could change. It’s likely a wash for the day for any of the major coasters. They worked early on in the day getting Maverick open, but after 20 minute of testing had to close again due to wind. 

After a very cold, windy and at times snowy day. Still had fun and I definitely understand why the park really can’t do a winter or holiday event. Hopefully they lax up a bit on the restrictions for the rides/coasters that don’t have wind/temp issues. 

That's typical Ohio weather for you... where one weekend it'll be snowing and the next weekend it'll be beautiful and approaching 70° 🤪

image.png.a35323108e2dd8913228bdff77907d67.png