TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Guess you guys all missed the fact that these ride removals are to save money.  Installing a new ride in its place in the immediate future counteracts that goal.

50 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Guess you guys all missed the fact that these ride removals are to save money.  Installing a new ride in its place in the immediate future counteracts that goal.

Not necessarily, the maintenance costs of Superman might outweigh the costs of a whole new, more efficient drop tower. Especially when the new one can be marketed as a new ride, such as one of the new S&S spinning drop towers (although I feel like that type of tower might have just as much downtime so who knows).

1 hour ago, SteveStL said:

I would think Excalibur would get the axe first over Superman ...if the decision was solely based on Maintenance. 

they literally just spent over 1 1/2 years refurbing it, after it sat no operating for a season.

there is less than 1% chance Excalibur is going anywhere (probably a .00001 % chance).

same is true about Hustler at SFFT - which many seem to be listing as the likely ride to go from that park (they refurbed and repainted the entire ride in late 2019).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bert425 said:

they literally just spent over 1 1/2 years refurbing it, after it sat no operating for a season.

there is less than 1% chance Excalibur is going anywhere (probably a .00001 % chance).

same is true about Hustler at SFFT - which many seem to be listing as the likely ride to go from that park (they refurbed and repainted the entire ride in late 2019).

Besides that, Excalibur gets decent ridership when it's open. Superman hardly gets anything, all the times I've been there it's been walk on. Excalibur always has a 5-10 minute wait.

I don't even know how to say this because I just can't even believe it... It is with heavy heart to say that Josh (HWFan) passed away today after a lengthy battle. This young man was such an amazing person, not just in the amusement industry... for anyone who had ever met him, he was so incredibly smart, kind, warm, and enthusiastic. Please keep Josh's family in your prayers. 😢

• Sad 10

That's really heartbreaking, he had so much passion for his work and truly wanted to have a positive impact at the parks he worked for. It's a big loss, and my heart goes out to those close to him. RIP Josh. 😢

*pours out refillable souvenir cup*

• Sad 1

Very sad news about Josh.  Always so positive about the park and it's future.  I have missed his posts over the past year.  Now the world and SFStL have lost another bright light.  I'll definitely keep Josh's family in my thoughts and prayers.  Please post any links to information about donations or memorials.  

• Sad 1

On 11/29/2020 at 12:04 AM, STLSPINSANITY said:

Could we see Catwoman and possibly another ride come in?  Just thinking with Tidal Wave gone and now possibly Superman going could they be setting up for something big to come in.  We are coming up on 50th anniversary?

Wow. You're trying pretty hard to make lemonade.

4 hours ago, parkjunkie said:

I don't even know how to say this because I just can't even believe it... It is with heavy heart to say that Josh (HWFan) passed away today after a lengthy battle. This young man was such an amazing person, not just in the amusement industry... for anyone who had ever met him, he was so incredibly smart, kind, warm, and enthusiastic. Please keep Josh's family in your prayers. 😢

Ouch. I just texted his phone the other day. His parents have been replying back on his status for the past couple months. Emily and I were concerned. We knew things were bad. Really sucks. He's the only coaster dude I've ever met up with. We texted regularly. I'm going to miss our conversations.

Thanks for the update. I'd been trying not to blow his phone up too much, because I didn't want to bother his parents.

• Sad 1

On 11/29/2020 at 12:04 AM, STLSPINSANITY said:

Could we see Catwoman and possibly another ride come in?  Just thinking with Tidal Wave gone and now possibly Superman going could they be setting up for something big to come in.  We are coming up on 50th anniversary?

Wow. You're trying pretty hard to make lemonade.

No I have been around and know how it is with SFSTL and rides.   You never know it could be Catwoman and the 2020 version of Mule Go-Round.  

Note on the Boomerang and Superman removal proposal: I think you're implying that's a good spot for a larger scale steel coaster - but a hyper (for example) would be able to slot mostly in behind Mine Train along the railroad tracks already, or up and then behind Eagle. And that's a bigger project than a lot of mid-tier park steel projects Six Flags is doing right now.

Screenshot_20201204_161320.thumb.jpg.ebf9621f524ac127a4d0d0e4f7c284fe.jpg

Farewell Josh.

He treated everyone he met like a friend, TPR and everyone he met lost a friend today. 

Edited by Danrarbc
Added Image

17 hours ago, parkjunkie said:

My nephew just posted this on Facebook.  I did not know that they went to high school together and were good friends.  I also had no idea of his years-long battle.  His passion for our park and his work always came though on his posts.  Such a loss for his family, friends and our park.

Mike

I'm so terribly sad to hear this about Josh. I had no idea he was in such a serious battle. Never wanted to pry when he pm'd me regarding things on the forum. I will forever remember how kind he was to my son and all the help he gave him in getting his first job. He also took the time to message me and let me know how the interview went and reassure me that he was doing well on his first days working. To those in the know, please do let us know if there will be a place to post a message to his family or if there is an organization they are requesting donations for in his name.

• Like 1

I'm kinda surprised the Holiday in the Park drive-thrus ended up being done at just two parks. I thought after Great Adventure announced it, even though the park is also open for rides on weekends, that it was going to end up being as chain-wide as they could make it. I even tried to figure up how they could route it here at the time GAdv announced it.

1514310583_HITPDrive.thumb.jpg.7dbc9dd708dca7bd0680e8e9ea5e5592.jpg

7 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

I'm kinda surprised the Holiday in the Park drive-thrus ended up being done at just two parks. I thought after Great Adventure announced it, even though the park is also open for rides on weekends, that it was going to end up being as chain-wide as they could make it. I even tried to figure up how they could route it here at the time GAdv announced it.

1514310583_HITPDrive.thumb.jpg.7dbc9dd708dca7bd0680e8e9ea5e5592.jpg

I think a more likely path would be this, it is slightly longer, covers more of the large scale displays, and also does not go through any areas inaccessible to vehicles like under Pandemonium or through the front mall gates.

HIPDRIVE.PNG

• Like 2

22 hours ago, castaway_kid said:

I think a more likely path would be this, it is slightly longer, covers more of the large scale displays, and also does not go through any areas inaccessible to vehicles like under Pandemonium or through the front mall gates.

HIPDRIVE.PNG

I saw a picture of a Six Flags pickup by one of the side gates and it looked like the truck could drive through it. But you probably know better. I didn't know trucks couldn't get under Pandemonium. 

Without the Pandemonium route I didn't see a way to make a loop that included Britannia and I see you didn't include it either.

I considered the Hurricane Harbor gate but there just haven't been any lights until Empire that way so it seemed a slow way to start. Obviously all moot though since nothing's been done beyond Fiesta Texas.