TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

How much time has Eagle spent with single train ops this year? I don't think I've seen the red train running.

Has anyone else?

Only red train all weekend (Friday - Sunday). Longest line in the park. All other coasters dispatching quickly, with 2 trains.

Looks like they have finally made a decision about a Halloween event. Modified event with no haunt mazes but they will have outdoor scare zones and shows on the Palace porch. Sat and Sun 2-10, details on the app and website. Sounds like a reasonable compromise. They are also still showing HITP under events on the website.

Looks like they have finally made a decision about a Halloween event. Modified event with no haunt mazes but they will have outdoor scare zones and shows on the Palace porch. Sat and Sun 2-10, details on the app and website. Sounds like a reasonable compromise. They are also still showing HITP under events on the website.

It sounds like they're doing an event that retains more of the original experience than Cedar Fair.

I like it.

Also our best chance for real night rides at SFSL.

Edit: Scare zone decoration storage boxes are being moved into their positions. The troll boxes are sitting next to Colossus now.

I'm planning to visit the park tomorrow. To those who have been this season, is it worth it? I should be there all day. The primary driving factor is my fear of getting stuck in one of the indoor queues (Mr. Freeze, Batman, JL, etc.) with people not wearing their face masks.

JL is closed for the season, due to the entire experience being inside. Batman not too bad because the inside part is mostly visible to ride ops that will ask people to wear their masks (not that that is a guarantee it will happen) It seldom backs up past the station. Biggest issue is probably Freeze where the line is out of site of the ride ops. I can tell you that in addition to the trains being disinfected the ride ops also sanitize the railings periodically, in case that helps you make a decision.

I'm planning to visit the park tomorrow. To those who have been this season, is it worth it? I should be there all day. The primary driving factor is my fear of getting stuck in one of the indoor queues (Mr. Freeze, Batman, JL, etc.) with people not wearing their face masks.

I was there 2 weeks ago. It was well worth it for me, everything was open except JL and I had a blast.

However - if you are scared of indoor queues with masks, stay away from Mr. Freeze. Batman I used my skip the lines so can't really say.

It's part of Fright Fest, but chances are you'll probably really die from it.

It's part of Fright Fest, but chances are you'll probably really die from it.

Generally face mask use doesn't change in indoor queues in my experience, but distance is less of a sure thing - probably a result of people trying to stay out of the sun. It's an additional argument for adding shade in the park.

• 2 weeks later...
The park has publicly announced they will be open for HIP now. Glad Six Flags has found a way to keep some of the parks open through all that is going on in the world, and more importantly, keeping their team members employed.

Yep. Cedar Fair is closing all but their biggest parks on Labor Day. And even the ones staying open are getting a significantly smaller fall event. And Winterfest is cancelled period.

Six Flags is managing to basically have a full Fright Fest minus only the haunted houses. AND is still doing their winter event everywhere they'd already rolled it out to before. None of the parks are ending their season before they ordinarily would.

Six Flags is handling this better. Hands down.

The park has publicly announced they will be open for HIP now. Glad Six Flags has found a way to keep some of the parks open through all that is going on in the world, and more importantly, keeping their team members employed.

Yep. Cedar Fair is closing all but their biggest parks on Labor Day. And even the ones staying open are getting a significantly smaller fall event. And Winterfest is cancelled period.

Six Flags is managing to basically have a full Fright Fest minus only the haunted houses. AND is still doing their winter event everywhere they'd already rolled it out to before. None of the parks are ending their season before they ordinarily would.

If the events are profitable I say good job Six Flags. If they are losing money then it seems useless

Unless the earnings reports end up saying differently.

True.

But I'd think there's a reason they waited to announce both Hallowfest and HITP. They have the numbers already.