TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I have a question about these ride procedures...I don’t think the other six flags parks are doing this right? This seems like super overkill that will make capacity a joke?!?

Just to confirm I have it right, they’re loading half the train, then cleaning it, then running it empty, every cycle?!? Pretty sure that’s the only park in the country doing that.

I have a question about these ride procedures...I don’t think the other six flags parks are doing this right? This seems like super overkill that will make capacity a joke?!?

Just to confirm I have it right, they’re loading half the train, then cleaning it, then running it empty, every cycle?!? Pretty sure that’s the only park in the country doing that.

That is correct. I just posted on the thread for the two Texas parks to inquire if that is happening there as well. And yes capacity is a joke, particularly if you have a mechanical issue that causes you to go to one train operation, which happened yesterday. Now how long that will last remains to be seen.

^ I should think that professional grade cleaning products capable of giving riders chemical burns are not necessary, nor would I want a teenage ride op using such products all day long. I suspect the empty cycle after cleaning is just another case of Six Flags being Six Flags.

I'm not so sure that is actually the case. I mean my son used them yesterday, without gloves, and had no issues. Although I did give him a mom lecture about washing his hands before he ate. More worried about the chemicals than the virus at this stage

Many of the more over the top procedures are simply to make St. Louis County happy. Without the park doing some of these things the county would not have let the park open at all, so its a compromise. Either you have to wait a little longer for cleaning, or you could sit at home and have no theme park at all. I'll take the longer cleaning option.

Many of the more over the top procedures are simply to make St. Louis County happy. Without the park doing some of these things the county would not have let the park open at all, so its a compromise. Either you have to wait a little longer for cleaning, or you could sit at home and have no theme park at all. I'll take the longer cleaning option.

And I completely agree!

I just wish there had been some sort of science based standard that went out to all parks to find a good compromise between safety and efficiency. I'm just such an operations person, and also a science realist, and I want to see the parks be smart and do things right that make them money and keep the guests happy.

I made it in to the park today. The new sign in the new entrance is way bigger than I thought it would be. You go through temperature screening on the right before going through security on the left. The new metal detectors are wonderful.

Also the toy store has been replaced with a candy store. The carousel is getting refurbished.

J75UIX1.jpg

oorKgL6.jpg

rroyONK.jpg

omW9AY4.jpg

Operations on The Boss and the flats aren't too bad. But here's a video from American Thunder. A minute and a half to prepare to run empty and sanitize - the line moved like molasses. The Boss wasn't being run empty to dry but Thunder was. Log Flume was run empty to dry, but not Thunder River. It isn't consistent.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Hopefully they keep up with the improvements, if they do it would attract more people to the park, since almost every complaint is "it feels run down". A new coaster would do wonders too, but that won't be happening in the future, not at least for another 5-10 years anyway.

Hopefully they keep up with the improvements, if they do it would attract more people to the park, since almost every complaint is "it feels run down". A new coaster would do wonders too, but that won't be happening in the future, not at least for another 5-10 years anyway.

A coaster is definitely happening sooner than 5 years.

It's already been 7 years since Boomerang.

Either you have to wait a little longer for cleaning, or you could sit at home and have no theme park at all.

You say "or sit and home" like the only two options right now are going to SF or Nextflix... Like somehow SF is doing me a personal favor by letting me queue up for hours instead of the alternative of developing bedsores. They're open. I get that. But, at some point in time it really is OK to admit that the operations are a little ridiculous compared to what some of the other parks in the business are doing, whether it's at the discretion of SF or the STL County. It doesn't make you a radical to vent or complain a little.

Emily and I have a day and night to ourselves next week. It looks like it might very well be the only opportunity to ride a roller coaster this year, period. I was skeptical before this information came out, but now it doesn't really sound worth it. When I weigh my options of going on a hike, taking a swim in my dad's pool, or going to a nice patio/restaurant and having a few cocktails, I can't help but to think that all of the aforementioned options sound more enjoyable for us.

We'll just see how desperate I feel next week. I could take my chances on spending $100 on a failed SF attempt, or on more failing Sea World market shares. Neither sound promising at this point.

If every coaster was being run the way The Boss was yesterday the spraydown would be a non-issue.

Some of the ride ops have already gotten good and fast at wiping things down too (I suppose the sprayers aren't as effective in some cases). I watched one girl wipe down 18 of the 24 restraints on Supergirl while the guy working the other side did 6.

There's hope. But man the rides that are slow are REALLY slow.

Good morning all!

My wife and I were able to play hooky from work and head to the park yesterday. Park was not really crowded, for obvious reasons, and seemed to flow pretty well... except for a few rides.

When we entered the parking area, we showed the preferred parking pass, and they requested to see our reservation form. Nice lady said we did not have to print the parking reservation form anymore, but I don't trust that, and will continue to print it. We parked, and walked to the tent area set up at the front of the parking lot, to the right of the fountains, for the temp check station. Its extremely easy, as you basically just walk through an air conditioned tent. Had to take off sun glasses, and keep the mask on. EASY and fast!

Security is so nice now... Just a walk through, with no need to empty pockets or anything like that. Only time they stop you is if the sensors go off on the screens the people look at, then they do a wand search of the person.

The new entrance looks great! The new sign/sculpture is beautiful! Employees were stopping people to take pictures (to purchase of course), and everyone looked to be enjoying it! Not having the ticket booths there is just weird, but they put in a small trailer on the side for guest relations. They actually kinda themed the trailer to the looks of the park, which was a nice touch.

Entering the park is same as always... Scan pass, look at photo, go in. You do have to remove your mask for a second to verify its you.

Rides... If you want a coaster, just be prepared to wait... especially if only 1 train is running. Some coasters were sanitizing as soon as someone would get off, wipe off, then reloading. We saw that on Boomerang and Ninja. The others were ride, sanitize, and watch an empty train roll up a hill. I understand that in the "new normal" this is going to happen, but it is demoralizing watching an empty train.

Justice League is closed for the season... that truly sucks! My wife and I always look forward to that ride, as it is nice to be in AC on a hot day, even if waiting for 30 minutes due to lines. Many people were disappointed when they read the sign that it would be closed for the year due to safety precautions.

All other rides, minus sky screamer, the train, and mine train were working. People just will have to get used to the fact that most rides are working on half capacity, and must be sanitized after each use. It adds to line time, but what can we do?

Food and drink... Well, my wife and I were impressed with the online ordering for all of our needs. We both have the dining pass, and we found it super easy to use. All you do is pick a time you will be at the food place, place your order on the app, apply membership discounts/dining pass options, and then check in when you get to the place. The app tells you your food is being prepared, and will tell you which line to go to once your food is ready. You also have to do this for drink refills, which we found a bit odd, but it did work. We were told not to bring our refillable drink cups, so we didn't. Many people did though, and were able to get refills. I did see that a six flags employee would fill a paper cup with the drink, and you had to pour it in your refillable cup. It seems wasteful, but thats what we do here in Merica The one thing I would say needs to be improved... They need to have dedicated employees that are making/checking mobile food and drink orders. We did see a few times that people would forget to check the tablets with the mobile orders, and they would stack up quick! I know staffing could also be an issue, but something that probably needs to be addressed. Overall though, my wife and I enjoyed the mobile ordering, as it was less we had to interact face to face with people. It also works at First Cone, so remember that tip, as the lines will get huge, especially with social distancing in effect.

Shows... No shows right now. We did see some productions rehearsing in front of the Palace theater, which was nice to see that they are still planning on doing shows. They may make all of them outdoor shows if they can not open the indoor areas to the public.

Overall, park seemed to be clean, and hand sanitize stations are numerous! We saw all employees wearing six flags masks, and most everyone else following suit with the mask orders. We had a good time, and will be going back on Sunday for round 2 for the year. If you go this year, just remember everything is a work in progress, and we are all learning everyday. I have a feeling they will take stock of the good and bad after todays last preview day, and implement some changes for the official opening tomorrow.

My wife and I were able to play hooky from work and head to the park yesterday. Park was not really crowded, for obvious reasons, and seemed to flow pretty well... except for a few rides.

So how did the electronic queueing work out? How long did it take to get the notification to head to the queue when you reserved a spot? Once you were in the queue, how long did it take to board?

If we end up getting desperate enough to go, I'd like to get a few rides on Screamin' Eagle, maybe a ride on the Boss and/or Batman, and a trip down the flume. But, we don't want to spend the whole time standing in a queue. That's why I'm curious about the reservation system.

I can't remember if they let you take your beer in the queues. At CF parks they do not.

Edited by prozach626

So how did the electronic queueing work out? How long did it take to get the notification to head to the queue when you reserved a spot? Once you were in the queue, how long did it take to board?

If we end up getting desperate enough to go, I'd like to get a few rides on Screamin' Eagle, maybe a ride on the Boss and/or Batman, and a trip down the flume. But, we don't want to spend the whole time standing in a queue. That's why I'm curious about the reservation system.

I can't remember if they let you take your beer in the queues. At CF parks they do not.

There was no electronic queueing for rides on my end. We used our 3 "skip the lines" passes (paper), and that worked the same as other years. We just went to the flash pass entrance at the rides, gave our paper passes to the ride op, and got on the next available ride. Only thing that would have been like an electronic queue would be ordering food and drink from the app. Some people actually did have a flash pass for things, and they got on like normal. From everything I see, there is no system to be put in an electronic ride queue like some other bigger parks offer... Unless you count flash pass, which I ain't buying!

Not that there is any need whatsoever for it, but is Flash Pass even being offered at this time? I would assume not, but just curious.

The flash pass kiosk at the front of the park was open, and some people were buying. I can see it saving time in line on coasters, but everything else is pretty much a small wait of a couple turns with the capacity limits of the park. Perhaps some people used some of the "rewards points" to get a flash pass for the day? I dunno...

We ended up giving a couple our paper skip passes for the flume as we were leaving. We usually try to pay it forward to someone if we don't use them.

Per the employee in my house there is no electronic queueing system, just normal lines with social distancing markers put in place (that people apparently have not been paying much attention to) and yes they are selling flash passes.