TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Mike240, Obviously you don't have children. Thank goodness for the rest of us that you are not contributing to the gene pool.

Comments like that are absolutely out of line. Everybody chill out.

Edited by coasterbill

Yeah, this thread is getting out of hand. Once again, I don't know why MASKS are what is making the country go crazy but take the crazy elsewhere.

Have your kids wear a mask and follow the rules or don't go. I have a kid. You teach your kids young that they have to follow rules even if they're uncomfortable or don't make sense to you personally. I mean, when your kid says the carseat/seatbelt is uncomfortable do you let them take it off!?!

Now, how's that SFStL opening plan going!?!

As I posted in another thread I fully expect my son to report back to work very soon and that's all I'm saying. He is 17 and will obviously have to wear a mask all day while running rides. I posed it the same way.....it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, this is what your employer is requiring at the moment. If you want to work there then you follow the rules.

Each family will have to decide based on their individual kids if dealing with the masks is worth a park visit or not. Doesn't do much good to argue the merits at this point.

As I posted in another thread I fully expect my son to report back to work very soon and that's all I'm saying. He is 17 and will obviously have to wear a mask all day while running rides. I posed it the same way.....it doesn't matter if you agree or disagree, this is what your employer is requiring at the moment. If you want to work there then you follow the rules.

Each family will have to decide based on their individual kids if dealing with the masks is worth a park visit or not. Doesn't do much good to argue the merits at this point.

I've bought some gaiters made from cooler fabric so hopefully those are more comfortable for wearing outside. There are also conventional masks made with the same lightweight athletic shirt materials. Those would be worth a look.

Rebuilding the HVAC on Eagle, Freeze and namtaB would also help. But that is a pipe dream.

Mike240, Obviously you don't have children. Thank goodness for the rest of us that you are not contributing to the gene pool.

Mike

A little extreme reaction, don't you think?

If masks are important for people to wear (I'm not saying they are), they're important for kids to wear, too. One's age does not affect their ability to contract/carry a disease. Just because they will naturally fidget with the masks, it doesn't make them exempt from biology. Thus, if masks are necessary at Location X, but kids can't wear masks, you obviously can't/shouldn't take kids to Location X. I fail to see what about that statement garnered your reaction. Sorry if the truth hurts.

That is, if you buy into the whole "masks will save us all" ideology.

My secondary comment about them being the harbingers of doom was obviously sarcastic. Maybe it's a shame that your non-sarcasm-detecting genes have been passed on to future generations.

Very well said!

Each family will have to decide based on their individual kids if dealing with the masks is worth a park visit or not.

Very nicely and politely said Kim.

As to those who say just "don't go", well ... we already shelled out over $700 for our five passes and dining passes. They aren't giving refunds. Extending the passes a few months or discounting renewals won't likely do us anything for us. Cedar Fair is extending their season passes through 2021. Perhaps Six Flags should do the same?

Mike

Each family will have to decide based on their individual kids if dealing with the masks is worth a park visit or not.

Very nicely and politely said Kim.

As to those who say just "don't go", well ... we already shelled out over $700 for our five passes and dining passes. They aren't giving refunds. Extending the passes a few months or discounting renewals won't likely do us anything for us. Cedar Fair is extending their season passes through 2021. Perhaps Six Flags should do the same?

Mike

Unfortunately (or fortunately) they'll probably make that call based on how 2020 goes.

Just received an email regarding park opening. June 22 to members and passholders, June 26 to everyone.....all of the restrictions we have come to know and love in place. You also must pre-purchase parking on line.

They are also doing a tiered system for reservations. Copied from the email:

Thursday, June​ 11 at 9am: Diamond and Diamond Elite Members who are not on pause start making reservations

Thursday, June​ 11 at 12pm: All Members who are not on pause may start making reservations

Friday, June​ 12 at 9am: Season Pass Holders may start making reservations

Monday, June​ 15 at 9am: All other ticket types can make reservations

Oh and they do not have an opening date for the water park yet. It just says opening will be announced at a later date. Of course that is usually only open through Labor Day anyway so not if it will be worth opening for a couple months or not.

So the local news just did a quick announcement regarding the opening date of SFSTL and they showed video of Mako and Kumba from SWO which they lifted off of a well known vlogger. Seriously. They didn't have any file footage of our park? Lol.

So the local news just did a quick announcement regarding the opening date of SFSTL and they showed video of Mako and Kumba from SWO which they lifted off of a well known vlogger. Seriously. They didn't have any file footage of our park? Lol.

That's hilarious. All they'd really have to do is ask the park for footage and they'd send them to the park's YouTube channel.

This year is trash. My shoulder is trash. Surgery in July. I'll be out for 6 months. Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out to the park once. I'm not optimistic that the experience won't be as bad as I'm expecting. I guess if there's a year to miss out this will the one for the best.