TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

I stopped in today before my flight and it's definitely a lot less crowded than it was when I visited during passholder preview.

One positive change is that they're now wiping down American Thunder trains before loading them as opposed to running 2 trains with guests and then 2 empties.

Good they definitely had to do something about Thunder. It is already not great capacity. Cutting the train in half, then further only running it half the cycles was insanity.

According to the ride op in my house they also started doing this on Mine Train as of Monday, so they must be switching over all the coasters to wipe down rather than empty runs.

Well I plan on hitting WOF (only new park of the trip), SDC, SFStL, Dollywood, and SFOG...and Carowinds if it opens. Already booked some wicked sweet hotel deals that may come back to bite me. We’ll see. Lol

I JUST saw this and was going to post, my son wasn't even aware yet, I told him he better check his schedule again. I was getting ready to book a day for my mom and I to hang out at the water park. They also adjusted open hours again. Til 8 on Fri and Sat but only til 6 on Sun, Wed, Thurs.

Hoping this is strictly an adjustment to crowd level and staffing and will save them money so everything is alright for whatever is left of this year and hopefully back to normal next year.

I have a trip across the Midwest planned at the end of the month and I’m intending to hit SFStL on Monday, August 3rd. With Worlds of Fun cutting Mondays-Wednesday’s and SFOG cutting Thursdays, I’m getting a little worried... Fingers crossed!

DBru,

Just received a season passholder email update with new operating hours. Looks like they are not going to be open on Mondays and Tuesdays, and shortened hours Wednesday through Sunday.

Mike

I have a trip across the Midwest planned at the end of the month and I’m intending to hit SFStL on Monday, August 3rd. With Worlds of Fun cutting Mondays-Wednesday’s and SFOG cutting Thursdays, I’m getting a little worried... Fingers crossed!

DBru,

Just received a season passholder email update with new operating hours. Looks like they are not going to be open on Mondays and Tuesdays, and shortened hours Wednesday through Sunday.

Mike

Oops. Didn't see that TNT already had it covered.

Water park question:

I know you won't have to wear masks while on waterpark slides and pool, I'm sure they will be required while entering and in line for water park entry; as well as shops, bathrooms, getting food. BUT does anyone have a clue if you will be allowed to lay on the pool loungers without a mask? I have a grumpy 75 year old mother that wants to use my member "golden ticket" to get some pool time in (most of our area pools are closed)

If any waterpark employees know OR if someone is there this weekend and stops by the water park let me know! I might just try to call but I am guessing calling guest services is quite the ordeal these days.

Well fuq. I suppose I can switch SFStL to Sunday and SDC to Monday, it’ll just add an hour or 2 to the drive to Pigeon Forge. Thanks for the update, guys! Hopefully I booked refundable rooms...lol

On one hand it's great, because most of the trains I saw being "sanitized" was pretty much just for show. On the other hand, the ironic thing is that most states are beefing up their restrictions again.

My most concerning spot in the entire park is still the indoor section of Mr. Freeze's queue where everyone took their masks off and ignored social distancing since they were out of sight from employees. I specifically got Diamond Elite skip the line passes for that ride after seeing that set-up.

Thanks for posting that. Yikes. I wonder if that sort of crowds will continue during the week. Once it's out that the kids area is closed that may deter a lot of the families with little ones. My son said it was really slow at his rides and I wondered if everyone was at the water park.

Thanks for posting that. Yikes. I wonder if that sort of crowds will continue during the week. Once it's out that the kids area is closed that may deter a lot of the families with little ones. My son said it was really slow at his rides and I wondered if everyone was at the water park.

was his area any busier after HH closed?

Jesus Christ... Why don't they just fill up the pool water with whatever COVID sanitizer they're using? Hell, just put it in the drinking fountains, too.

chlorine kills covid, and they don't recommend masks in water

was his area any busier after HH closed?

He said not really but today being Sat was definitely busier than yesterday.

Jesus Christ... Why don't they just fill up the pool water with whatever COVID sanitizer they're using? Hell, just put it in the drinking fountains, too.

Which is why it's hilarious overkill that they're spraying down the rafts.

Which is why it's hilarious overkill that they're spraying down the rafts.

mostly for show, temp checks might not keep out anyone asymptomatic