TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Frankly I find our Boomerang to have one of the most visually appealing locations of any. And it really doesn't impact the view of Eagle much at all. Although I can certainly understand opinions vary on color schemes (this is always true, even when it comes to namtaB).

5b3d65db01788.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C796

I mean I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but chalk me up in the group who'd prefer to see a classic, red-white-and-blue wooden coaster instead of a run-of-the-mill Vekoma Boomerang with a Nickelodeon complex.

I mean I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but chalk me up in the group who'd prefer to see a classic, red-white-and-blue wooden coaster instead of a run-of-the-mill Vekoma Boomerang with a Nickelodeon complex.

I wouldn’t hate Boomerang as much as I do if it weren’t for that stupid, tacky paint-job.

Don't get me wrong. The land Boomerang is on is great and I don't mind the color scheme unique to itself. It would have been great had it not shit on one if the most picturesque wooden coaster drops of all time.

I also find it shocking how multiple people were totally cool with making the decision to ruin the aesthetic of one of the most beautiful coasters anywhere by slapping down the world’s ugliest boomerang in front of it. One of the more frustrating decisions Six Flags St Louis management has made—and there have been several!!

Is Boomerang even operating this season?

I really doubt SF puts much thought or care into the placement of their rides these days. They just slap them in where ever there's room.

I also find it shocking how multiple people were totally cool with making the decision to ruin the aesthetic of one of the most beautiful coasters anywhere by slapping down the world’s ugliest boomerang in front of it. One of the more frustrating decisions Six Flags St Louis management has made—and there have been several!!

Is Boomerang even operating this season?

I really doubt SF puts much thought or care into the placement of their rides these days. They just slap them in where ever there's room.

I'd say that is pretty true for almost all parks. Plop them where ever they best fit, and then theme or landscape as best they can.

Six Flags skips that second step. Just paint where the news will be pointing on media day and leave everything else untouched (not even kidding).

Six Flags seems to fix up the surrounding areas of new rides, some times less noticeable than others. 2011 Sky Screamer was added and they added minor landscaping in the area as well as replacing siding and revamped the shatter platter game nearby, 2013 when Boomerang was added, the Primos place had extensive outdoor repairs done that were now visable from the queue. 2014 Tsumani Souker saw French restrooms exterior redone, an office building fixed up, and Outpost concession stand fixed and repainted. 2015 with Justice League they fixed up the Hero's vs Villains gift show, Justice League HQ gift shop, repaint the train bridge and did new landscaping around the train crossing, as well as cleaned up and gave a face lift to the area around Shazam and where the old RC motor boat pool, which is now a flower bed. 2017 Spinsanity got Sound Stage #2 repainted and parts fixed up, as well as landscaping between the ride and the train tracks. And finally 2019 with Supergirl, the Primos next door had additional A/C units installed and exterior repainted, although the repainting might have happened more recently.

I guess what I'm getting at is the park does "touch" other areas and not just what the media will see, but they also seem to take that money and put it towards infrastructure improvements in the areas surrounding the rides instead of super elaborate themes.

I almost forgot about the RC boats, ant the RC trucks by Mine Train. Those were back in the days where 2 minutes of lackluster RC motoring would help make my day complete.

The new facade for the bathrooms by JB's look great. Seeing that, I was surprised when I went to use the bathroom and nothing on the inside had changed. I wonder if that's in the works for the off season.

I'm guessing FF chances are pretty slim since it seems that all of the Halloween events are being cancelled industry wide. Maybe ok on HITP, although the roaming singers will probably have to be put on a stage instead of singing in people's faces

I can tell you that I don't think they have made a final decision yet because employees have only been asked to post their availability through the end of September.

However, my prediction is that they will be open throughout the fall but without FF. HITP I still have no idea.

At least whatever happens we are better off than KC, WOF is shutting down completely after Labor Day.

I'm guessing FF chances are pretty slim since it seems that all of the Halloween events are being cancelled industry wide. Maybe ok on HITP, although the roaming singers will probably have to be put on a stage instead of singing in people's faces

I can tell you that I don't think they have made a final decision yet because employees have only been asked to post their availability through the end of September.

However, my prediction is that they will be open throughout the fall but without FF. HITP I still have no idea.

At least whatever happens we are better off than KC, WOF is shutting down completely after Labor Day.

all unionized live entertainment has shut down for the year

CF gave up on this year when they extended passes another year

I was in the park again today. Got a more complete walk around. Grabbed a photo or two I missed the first time as well.

The Illinois Primo's appears to have finally accepted reality and is officially no more.

cH8ivubh.jpg

I already posted a pic of the carousel with horses removed for renovation. They actually have a sign up that I missed.

6KtRpCAh.jpg

Dragon's Wing had a portion of its tent removed and all new fencing lining the paths to the lifts. Also, the unfinished Catwoman entrance.

PmpWL3th.jpg

For some reason the structure that used to house the guess your weight game by the carousel is getting TLC.

a5l4RUih.jpg

Miss Kitty's Saloon is an indoor mask break zone/cooling center. Really good place for it at the center of the park.

mpi2grLh.jpg

JB's has a brand new half-wall between the dining space and the soda machines/pickup window. Mobile pickup signage has been added.

0JTdWKDh.jpg

I hadn't walked by the DC bathroom my first time in the park. I got a photo of the new façade. Not finished yet but really matches the Justice League look.

GhNaUCwh.jpg

Final observation on that last photo. Yes, it looks like all of the gaslight fixtures are getting replaced with the new LED ones. I only saw these in the new entrance before, but now you see them inside the park and only a few original gaslights are left.

Yeah we were just at CP, no INDOOR live entertainment. In addition to local bands they had CP staff performing bits of some of the indoor live shows on the outdoor stages. They were performing the same Snoopy beach themed show that we saw last year on the stage across from MF. As well as the usual 50's singers outside of Coasters diner. So to say there is no live entertainment is not correct.