TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

So just to reiterate, wait times aren't all that bad?

It depends on the ride. Most of the flats aren't too bad IMO as long as they're trying to be quick about it.

American Thunder is a low capacity coaster as it is. And they're cutting that to 25% of normal with the current cleaning cycle. So even with distanced lines you're not going to get to the station as fast as you'd think.

I really hope the drying cycle is eliminated. I didn't get wet or icky from them just spraying The Boss and letting us straight on.

PS: While Six Flags is currently not doing virtual queues for all they DID have a long survey about virtual queuing using the app. So they're definitely considering it.

I made a suggestion to them on the survey that they could rotate the rows they use, so say the first row is used, they wouldnt use the second one, as its being disinfected, and after that they send what would be the first row people to the second row, and disinfect the first row and run it, that way you dont have to cycle the trains. It would be a little more work on the ride ops to do that, but it would shorten queue times by a lot. Not that they were long to begin with, but on the roller coasters it would help. The Boss still doesnt have it's third train, which may be why they arent cycling it. But I noticed new nonslip paint for the Boss's queue, and they were actively doing work on the cat woman whip area, making what looked to be, a fence/shop/stall area. And it was nice to finally ride xcalibur after waiting so long. I wish they did more than one loop with it but its a fantastic ride anyway.

The Boss still doesnt have it's third train, which may be why they arent cycling it.

Boss can't be cycled empty. Empty trains cannot compete the course.

I thought I've seen empty trains run after a short stoppage.

The Boss still doesnt have it's third train, which may be why they arent cycling it.

Boss can't be cycled empty. Empty trains cannot compete the course.

I thought I've seen empty trains run after a short stoppage.

Depends on were the train stops. If it is at the MCBR it will complete the course without issue. If it is on the lift and is unloaded then sent 98% of the time it won't make it to the MCBR.

In this case, they only had a single train with people, the second train was loaded with sandbags that were strapped down. Empty trains can be ran on the boss, they have done it before, however I'm not sure it's been done since the removal of the double helix and the retrack of the downs.

Would love to see someone in the back seat. Forgot to screw the tops on again.... woops

Obviously the Boss would not render the same results, but it would still be a fun ride with water splashing everywhere. 8)

Fill those babies with margaritas and I will sit in the back!

Just an fyi to everyone, they have shortened the hours at the park a bit due to staffing issues. Tell your friends and neighbors to be patient and if you know anyone that needs a job, I'm thinking it's a slam dunk if you can fill out the application and are breathing.

Ok don't take my previous statement as gospel. I've now had conflicting information that staffing is not the reason for the shortened hours. So.......my complete bad if I gave everyone incorrect information. The hours have been shortened but the reason why seems a little unclear at this point.

I stopped in today before my flight and it's definitely a lot less crowded than it was when I visited during passholder preview.

One positive change is that they're now wiping down American Thunder trains before loading them as opposed to running 2 trains with guests and then 2 empties.

I stopped in today before my flight and it's definitely a lot less crowded than it was when I visited during passholder preview.

One positive change is that they're now wiping down American Thunder trains before loading them as opposed to running 2 trains with guests and then 2 empties.

Good they definitely had to do something about Thunder. It is already not great capacity. Cutting the train in half, then further only running it half the cycles was insanity.

I have a trip across the Midwest planned at the end of the month and I’m intending to hit SFStL on Monday, August 3rd. With Worlds of Fun cutting Mondays-Wednesday’s and SFOG cutting Thursdays, I’m getting a little worried... Fingers crossed!