TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Trucks came and removed all the pieces of Catwoman that were sitting out... it's safe to say that we won't see that ride until 2021 if we even end up seeing it in SFStL at all.

Pretty much all upcoming 2020 attractions were put on long term hold until 2021, unless they've already had significant investment progress already. That included Cat Woman Whip, unfortunately, for us anyway. Which means we are also unlikely to get any other ride that isnt Cat Woman Whip for 2021, so hoping for two rides in one year is.. well, yeah, disappointing.

Screamscape is saying that Catwoman Whip, which had been intended for SFSTL, is being put on what they call "long term hold". It seems that other SF parks are having their "New For 2020" attractions put on hold as well. But it does appear that SFFT's Dare Devil Dive ride has resumed construction and is nearing completion. However, there has been no word on the fate of SFOT's Aquaman: Power Wave. The new Mach Rides Power Splash, which replaces the old Hopkins Chute The Chutes ride, was far along in it's construction when the park closed down.

Edited by Sportsdude360

That fits in with what I was told, no Catwoman until next year per corporate; not the park. The ride op that lives in my house is training tomorrow 10-6, will see what if any info he comes home with and pass it along.

I believe there will be an announcement about Hurricane Harbor on Monday the 22nd. They have been cleaning the water park a lot this past week.

I've heard similar rumors, I imagine that Hurricane Harbor will either have an opening announcement date which by my guess would be in July, or, they will announce it on said date and have it open for the member preview. As for which one, I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if they will extend the water park date past labor day, they very well might.

So.....not the Dippin Dots lady BUT I talked to a guy at the Wildwood Farmers Market this morning whose son works as a lifeguard in the water park and he said they were told mid-July, which would give them less than two months but apparently that is the plan. I think extending hours after Labor Day is a problem because so much of the wp staff are college students and they lose a lot of them which is a shame because the first couple weeks are still usually pretty hot. Guess we will see how it plays out.

So.....not the Dippin Dots lady BUT I talked to a guy at the Wildwood Farmers Market this morning whose son works as a lifeguard in the water park and he said they were told mid-July, which would give them less than two months but apparently that is the plan. I think extending hours after Labor Day is a problem because so much of the wp staff are college students and they lose a lot of them which is a shame because the first couple weeks are still usually pretty hot. Guess we will see how it plays out.

Most colleges are still doing online stuff even for the new school year, so it may not be a problem depending on how their school does the online stuff. Even so, mid july seems logical, at the same time it also doesn't because it's going to start getting hot before hand and they will lose attendance as most people want the water park while its hot then ride the main parks rides when it cools off. My best guess is they are probably aiming for the 4th of july or maybe a little after that, give it to time to see how the new protocols work for the main park

Correction, SOME colleges are starting fall semester online. Not enough have even announced plans for anyone to say "most."

Yeah, Washington University, a top tier school has announced that they are actually starting the semester early with in person classes. Starting in mid August will allow them to finish the semester by Thanksgiving so students aren't all traveling home and then coming back for just 2 -3 weeks. Apparently this is a model that several universities are adopting. A little birdie told me that July 10 will likely be the wp opening date.

The ride ops were given little clear fanny packs with two cloth masks, gloves for when they clean the trains and protective eyewear that I believe is optional. I'm guessing crowds will be low today with the combo of first day, passholders only, and storms predicted all afternoon. I'll report back on how it went from the ride op perspective.

As someone who can’t do too much spinning, I look forward to hearing what people think of Xcalibur’s return. It’s definitely a nice sight to see.

And yes, lifeguards hired in before the 25th at least get a $100 signing bonus with the park also paying for all licensing fees. They have some radio ads going on for it as well, but if you know someone interested, encourage them to submit their application ASAP!

So I can report per the ride op in my house:

1) Excalibur was running with people on it. Not his ride but he walked by.

2) On the coasters every other row empty and then after each cycle with people they must clean and run the train empty. So figure roughly 1/4 -1/3 capacity every two trains, depending on the coaster. And Mine Train had a mechanical issue that only allowed them to run one train. Apparently the wait was pretty outrageous.

3) But they did not have to run empty rides in the BB area, just social distance and then wipe down. Not sure about the other flats.

4)Hand sanitizer at every entrance but not forcing it on people like at SDC.

5)There were employees enforcing masks around the park. People not doing so well on social distancing in the lines.

However, it was the FIRST day and I'm sure some of the routines will get smoothed out over the next few days. As well as they are liable to make adjustments to the procedures.

So I can report per the ride op in my house:

1) Excalibur was running with people on it. Not his ride but he walked by.

2) On the coasters every other row empty and then after each cycle with people they must clean and run the train empty. So figure roughly 1/4 -1/3 capacity every two trains, depending on the coaster. And Mine Train had a mechanical issue that only allowed them to run one train. Apparently the wait was pretty outrageous.

3) But they did not have to run empty rides in the BB area, just social distance and then wipe down. Not sure about the other flats.

4)Hand sanitizer at every entrance but not forcing it on people like at SDC.

5)There were employees enforcing masks around the park. People not doing so well on social distancing in the lines.

However, it was the FIRST day and I'm sure some of the routines will get smoothed out over the next few days. As well as they are liable to make adjustments to the procedures.

Did they have dedicated areas where you could take your mask off? It would be nice to have a break from it now and again.

^Same. Cycling the train empty to “dry it off” is one of the more stupid things I’ve ever heard. Aren’t they basically spraying the trains down with Lysol? Did no one think of...a dry towel?

^Same. Cycling the train empty to “dry it off” is one of the more stupid things I’ve ever heard. Aren’t they basically spraying the trains down with Lysol? Did no one think of...a dry towel?

It's more than just drying it off, the longer the product sits, the more effective it is, so the 45 seconds or so it takes for a coaster to go up the chain lift makes the product much more effective against viruses. And lysol would be the consumer version, their health and safety says they are using commercial grade stuff, which typically means the product has 2-5 times the active agent in it to make it even stronger and more effective. The commercial grade stuff can actually give you chemical burns, depending on what exactly they are using, there are like 30 different agents they could be using. So if they would miss anything with a dry towel.. can you imagine a spot being missed and it ended up in someones eyes? Or if they touched it then rubbed their eyes.. Personally I'm on their side of this, It would be horrific for something like that to happen. I would rather be safe than sorry.

Yeah but is commercial grade REALLY necessary? I mean I've not heard of a health professional suggest anything more than regular household cleaner is needed to kill the virus and my son has to use the stuff all day then. I'm afraid if we keep up with widespread use of that type of cleaner long term we're gonna have a generation of young people with messed up immune systems. I was getting a little annoyed at SDC the other day when they "came down the line" with the hand sanitizer before you boarded the coaster but now I'm thinking that is preferable to the running empty trains method. Interesting to see how long they keep this up.

On another note, you might all be glad to know security is on top of things. Apparently, there was an incident of some guy harassing a girl in the line and verbally abusing her pretty badly, but she reported it and the last he was seen security was taking him away.

^ I should think that professional grade cleaning products capable of giving riders chemical burns are not necessary, nor would I want a teenage ride op using such products all day long. I suspect the empty cycle after cleaning is just another case of Six Flags being Six Flags.