TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, SixFlagsOMA80 said:

Is there any talks of ever fixing the big wheel to be a giant pumpkin again? 

There's been talks since it was accedently removed. The cost to replace isn't cheap and their has been no funding available to fix it unfortunately...yet

4 hours ago, bossstl said:

There's been talks since it was accedently removed. The cost to replace isn't cheap and their has been no funding available to fix it unfortunately...yet

Honestly if money is going to be spent on Colossus lighting something like this would probably be better bang for your buck.

On 10/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, bert425 said:

I highly doubt that anyone who posts here would be upset about Christmas lights display. 

A couple years ago I was berated by a user for making a comment about Chinese food, so I won't rule anything out.

7 hours ago, Danrarbc said:

Honestly if money is going to be spent on Colossus lighting something like this would probably be better bang for your buck.

That's a lot of buck for that bang.

Speaking of the now Defunt Oak Island. Fun fact, in the Spring Sixflags bought out all their warehouses and two haunted houses that were sold to KK and shipped most of it to Texas for distribution at a later date 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Figured out what how the light show and stage shows at Palace are being handled. The stage is still up and rehearsals were going on today. The 5 trees are in the middle of the middle pathway surrounded by the wrapped trees.

PXL_20201108_223930671.thumb.jpg.6c37b75defa3d1906664cf24ea89c00a.jpg

It might be a little cramped if crowd sizes for either show get big at all this way. And we know at times they have gotten big.

Pretty sunset behind Boss because I feel like posting it.

PXL_20201108_230315287.thumb.jpg.d7c972100444a87311639cf5a91f5cc3.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

You and the wife will be instructed to wear masks your entire time there.  The little one should be exempt.

Thanks. We'll be wearing masks for sure, and we'll do our best to keep her away from other people. Her stroller covers her pretty good. 

Just thinking about the SF Darian Lake Titan Tracking of Lake Monster (or whatever their woody is) and wondering if that could be the answer for the Boss?  I know the RMC re-do is the coaster nerd go-to and outcry for the ride; but I'd love to see SF take a wildcard shot at letting GCI Titan the Boss and add some elements/"Titan the Boss" for a discount or cheaper option than RMC.  I think that's how RMC started with SFoT with the Giant.  I just love the Boss and how sprawled out it is, but it takes a toll riding it a few times in a day on my body.  Anyone have thoughts?

Do we know for sure it's a cheaper option than RMC? If it would help it keep more of the wood coaster feel and drastically improve the ride, I'd be all for it vs instead of I-Box. I don't know if it's as big of a marketing sell to add an element or two instead of completely reworking the ride.

Hey everyone, its been awhile since I've done much more than browse the board, but I wanted to ask everyone here for some deep hard prayers for Josh (HWFan)... Some of you may already know whats going on, but I'm not going to get in to specifics out of respect to Josh and his family, just asking for prayers. So big prayers to you Josh and your family

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, prozach626 said:

Do we know for sure it's a cheaper option than RMC? If it would help it keep more of the wood coaster feel and drastically improve the ride, I'd be all for it vs instead of I-Box. I don't know if it's as big of a marketing sell to add an element or two instead of completely reworking the ride.

No idea the cost difference there....it was me thinking out loud and spitballing.  I'm with you tho...add an element or 2 unique to CGI and could be a winner!

12 hours ago, TrippinBillie said:

Just thinking about the SF Darian Lake Titan Tracking of Lake Monster (or whatever their woody is) and wondering if that could be the answer for the Boss?  I know the RMC re-do is the coaster nerd go-to and outcry for the ride; but I'd love to see SF take a wildcard shot at letting GCI Titan the Boss and add some elements/"Titan the Boss" for a discount or cheaper option than RMC.  I think that's how RMC started with SFoT with the Giant.  I just love the Boss and how sprawled out it is, but it takes a toll riding it a few times in a day on my body.  Anyone have thoughts?

This won't happen. The reason why is Six Flags just got done retracking most of The Boss, and they removed the double helix in favor of a single helix. Guess who did that? RMC. So since RMC literally has hands on experience with The Boss, it's way more likely to receive the RMC treatment, if Six Flags were to ever do that. However, considering they spent a lot of money retracking, and overhauling the trains, it's unlikely that will happen either. 

The Screaming Eagle would be the most likely to receive that kind of treatment, at least when you factor in recent expenses for both coasters. 

13 hours ago, parkjunkie said:

Hey everyone, its been awhile since I've done much more than browse the board, but I wanted to ask everyone here for some deep hard prayers for Josh (HWFan)... Some of you may already know whats going on, but I'm not going to get in to specifics out of respect to Josh and his family, just asking for prayers. So big prayers to you Josh and your family

I was debating whether or not to say anything. Josh and I text on a regular basis. I've received updates from his parents lately. Josh used to be a big contributor here, including posting behind the scene reports. As a passionate employee of the park, he cut back on posting over the last few years, due to the negativity. He's a great guy. Please keep him in your thoughts and/or prayers.

• Like 1

Yes, Josh was a fantastic poster.  Never met him, but was always looking at the park to see if I might catch him on my limited trips back to St. Louis.  Definitely spreading the love and prayers from Baltimore area. Keep us posted on progress or areas we can help.  The world needs more people like Josh!

• Sad 1

Oh, I am so sorry to hear Josh is going through some struggles, had no idea. I will definitely keep him in my thoughts. He messaged me back at the start of the "delayed" season to kindly inquire about my son's ride placement for the year and how he was liking it; and to correct/confirm something I had posted, which I appreciated immensely.

• Like 1