TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags St. Louis (SFStL) Discussion Thread

Speaking of Justice League. . . Why do I feel like the one at SFOT is far superior to the one at SFStL?

We LOVED the one at SFOT, and it easily places in our top 10 dark rides. . . But after riding the one in St. Louis, we got off of the ride thinking. . . "Yeah, that kind of sucked." I mean, it's not a bad ride, but it sure isn't nearly as good as the one in Dallas.

I have ridden both and thought they were very similar, not much difference at all

Likewise, then again all effects were working. In fact all my rides at the SFOT have had issues, non at STL. I also think the screen order is better as well...

Speaking of Justice League. . . Why do I feel like the one at SFOT is far superior to the one at SFStL?

We LOVED the one at SFOT, and it easily places in our top 10 dark rides. . . But after riding the one in St. Louis, we got off of the ride thinking. . . "Yeah, that kind of sucked." I mean, it's not a bad ride, but it sure isn't nearly as good as the one in Dallas.

I have ridden both and thought they were very similar, not much difference at all

Likewise, then again all effects were working. In fact all my rides at the SFOT have had issues, non at STL. I also think the screen order is better as well...

Dark rides like JLBM have scripts written for them that are fairly similar to TV/movie scripts (which makes sense when you think about it). The JLBM rides in SFSL, SFOT, SFM, SFGAm, SFOG, & SFGAdv are all working from what is more or less the same script. Besides a couple tweaks, the only difference in the rides is pretty much dictated by the building in which they're built. One thing that I think is great about SFSL's version is that 45-60min of the queue is inside with A/C vs just a few minutes at other parks. I also really like the facade. I'm just especially looking forward to seeing the JLBM at SFMM; it has a ton of potential.

The 2 rides are so similar (when working). The effects, screens, and animatronics are all identical besides details or props being in a different order. I think the SFSTL Justice League is themed very well and fits in the area with Mr.Freeze great.

Our Justice League just isn't good because it is in STL.

I mean, we have the better facade of the two, for what that's worth...

I was always pretty happy that we got a normal Justice Hall out of one-of-two of the only JLBFM conversions. I think our Justice Legaue has a bit more charm and meaning because of the history of the building and what the ride MEANT to our park. Our building started a legacy, if you think about it, as all the new ones have taken our's shape. To me, SFStL's is the original JLBFM, and Texas is just its own thing.

I'm surprised SFGAm didn't concert their Frontier Studio (is that the name of the building there?) into JLBFM, especially as it's in the Boardwalk area, by Superman and Green Lantern.

I guess that was my issue with the SFStL version, is that when we were there, there were several props that weren't working, and it really took away from the ride.

I still think I caught SFStL on an off day. Seriously one of the worst theme park visits I've ever had. . . Maybe I should make another trip up there this summer, and hopefully have a better experience. . .

A Zamperla Disk'o could literally be put up in a day if the park wanted. There would still be construction on the queue and operator's booth and such, but that shouldn't take long either. Soon you'll have a great new flat ride to enjoy at SFSTL. BTW, is this going to be anywhere close to Fireball? I ask this because I have always felt that having a collection of flats in close proximity to one another was more appealing than having them spread over the park. This lends itself to a more carnival like atmosphere.

Here at SFOT we have Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Riddler and now Joker all within a few feet from each other. Close by are Batman, Mr. Freeze and Batwing. These are accompanied by restaurants and gift shops along with gaming booths. We now have one the best Gotham City sections in any SF park. When you enter it you feel as if your in an entirely different theme park from the rest of SFOT. It's that good!

Great to see HITP coming back. It's a great time and if year one was already good, year two should be even better. Seeing the expanded hours must mean business was good!

I'm excited for Spinsanity. Never been on a spinning disk but they look fun. I'd imagine it will be a really popular family attraction.

I have a theory (though I'm completely pulling it out of my a** and want to be transparent about that fact), that the reason they added these bonus weekends at St. Louis and Great Adventure is so that they don't have as many staffing issues for Holiday in the Park.

If you give people steady weekend work for 2 months and then all of a sudden don't give them hours for 2 or 3 weeks while tons of other companies are offering seasonal holiday work with comparable compensation then you'll probably have a ton of employees bail which would make staffing an issue for Holiday in the Park. I would think the parks would be content with simply breaking even for those bonus weekends with the hopes of building up attendance over time through special deals / bring a friend free days or special events. At Great Adventure the park was so dead that we walked on to the front row of Kingda Ka multiple times when the ride was only running one train (which never happens) so they could attempt to keep the weight consistent to prevent rollbacks. Despite that, they're still bringing them back.

I'm excited for Spinsanity. Never been on a spinning disk but they look fun. I'd imagine it will be a really popular family attraction.

You should be excited! Those Diskos are one of Zamperla's best rides. The only thing better than a Disko is a Disko Coaster, because it's the same thing but also a coaster.

The only reason I'm not more excited myself is that we have one at Silver Dollar City, ehich is 3x closer to me and about 100x better park. If I lived in St. Louis, though, I'd be stoked for Spinsanity.

A Zamperla Disk'o could literally be put up in a day if the park wanted. There would still be construction on the queue and operator's booth and such, but that shouldn't take long either. Soon you'll have a great new flat ride to enjoy at SFSTL. BTW, is this going to be anywhere close to Fireball? I ask this because I have always felt that having a collection of flats in close proximity to one another was more appealing than having them spread over the park. This lends itself to a more carnival like atmosphere.

I agree, love how SFFT has a bunch of flats in one area.

I have a theory (though I'm completely pulling it out of my a** and want to be transparent about that fact), that the reason they added these bonus weekends at St. Louis and Great Adventure is so that they don't have as many staffing issues for Holiday in the Park.

If you give people steady weekend work for 2 months and then all of a sudden don't give them hours for 2 or 3 weeks while tons of other companies are offering seasonal holiday work with comparable compensation then you'll probably have a ton of employees bail which would make staffing an issue for Holiday in the Park. I would think the parks would be content with simply breaking even for those bonus weekends with the hopes of building up attendance over time through special deals / bring a friend free days or special events. At Great Adventure the park was so dead that we walked on to the front row of Kingda Ka multiple times when the ride was only running one train (which never happens) so they could attempt to keep the weight consistent to prevent rollbacks. Despite that, they're still bringing them back.

I agree. They started doing this at SFOG last fall as well. The park was incredibly empty though, with Goliath running with empty rows all day. I loved it but I hope the park doesn't decide it isn't worth it. Honestly, it Georgia it is usually warm in early November, so maybe they could promote it as a family fall festival.

I'm curious to see what the turnout is like at other parks in the chain.

I agree, love how SFFT has a bunch of flats in one area.

I agree, too. SFGAdv did a nice job with the Adventure Alley flat ride expansion in 2012. It seems you're surrounded by flat rides when you stand between that and Lakefront.

Untitled.jpg.66dc31987619abe9d633da8f6b8c2a31.jpg

Flats everywhere!

You should be excited! Those Diskos are one of Zamperla's best rides. The only thing better than a Disko is a Disko Coaster, because it's the same thing but also a coaster.

The only reason I'm not more excited myself is that we have one at Silver Dollar City, ehich is 3x closer to me and about 100x better park. If I lived in St. Louis, though, I'd be stoked for Spinsanity.

I have ridden Hurricane Force 5 (Zamperla Disk'o) at SFFT. And, while it's a fun ride, it doesn't compare to Riddler (Zamperla Giant Discovery) at SFOT. The Zamperla Giant Discovery's and Huss Giant Frisbee's are easily the best flat rides out there.

Edited by Sportsdude360

I'm glad that were getting an off season to be honest. We need time to save $$$$ for something big in 2018!

We'll see. It's been a while since the water park has received any love, but a S&S wouldn't shock me either. My guess would be one or the other.

It makes perfect sense. Josh, might be able to confirm or deny this.

I'm glad that were getting an off season to be honest. We need time to save $$$$ for something big in 2018!

We'll see. It's been a while since the water park has received any love, but a S&S wouldn't shock me either. My guess would be one or the other.

It makes perfect sense. Josh, might be able to confirm or deny this.

I'd like to see six flags st Louis get an s&s 4d free fly coaster just like sfft. I mean they're pretty awesome and fun rides. One of a kind.