TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Not to change the subject or anything, but I still have yet to ride a Disko and those things look pretty damn fun. It's too bad that MtO decided to sell theirs, but maybe they'll replace it with something better. Or maybe they'll donate the money to Mullets Anonymous or something...

"Hello, my name is Daryl and this is my other brother Daryl... and we have mullets. *sniffle*"

DISCLAIMER:

The above statement is not meant in any way to disparage anyone that has a real addiction and seeks help. And it in no way should be taken seriously but as a joke, as I have total respect for anyone brave enough to seek help for their problems and for those that give help... and for those brave enough to actually go out in public sporting a massive MULLET. Thank you.

"I...I used to have a Joe Elliot Mullet...and a mustache. While it did net me a hot girlfriend, I was still a shell of a man. Treatment at MA (Mullets Anonymous) and a job search helped me, but my keytar afliction is another story. I fear scissors too."

Back to topic, DtA was a curious ride. It's no picnic that it broke though.

Never got on Dive To Atlantis when it was open. I saw how slow the line was moving and decided I'd rather get on Hades 5 times in the same time frame than on DTA once.

As far as Disk-O goes- it was fun, assuming you could find a seat that wasn't broken down . Rode it a couple times in both it's outside and Parthenon (inside) locations.

• 10 months later...

On Saturday, Hades at Mt. Olympus got stuck in the turnaround at the far end of the parking lot. What's amazing is that some lucky guy was filming the ride and filmed the train not making it over the hill:

Here is a video more like one you'd usually see of stalls. Here, the train is evacuated.

I wonder what happened that caused it to get stuck?

I don't understand why they had to evacuate. From the video, it doesn't look or sound like anything was mechanically wrong. Seems like they could have winched/pushed the train without unloading

Starting from a dead stop, it probably wouldn't have been able to make it all the way back to the station.

I am just wondering how long it took someone to actually notice that the train was stopped. The station is quite a ways away from the turn around. Crews should be watching, but things happen.

In the second video, it looks like none of the guests have harnesses on. Is that even safe?

Wow, I was there last Thursday and rode Hades for the first time, and it was awesome! I'm so glad it didn't get stuck. Of course, right before we rode it some kid had his ear bloodied pretty badly and they had to clean the seat, then the friend I rode with seriously bruised his ribs at that little slam to the left it takes before going back under the parking lot. Hey, no pain, no gain, right?

That was some seriously hilarious commentary on the first video!

I don't understand why they had to evacuate. From the video, it doesn't look or sound like anything was mechanically wrong. Seems like they could have winched/pushed the train without unloading

Starting from a dead stop, it probably wouldn't have been able to make it all the way back to the station.

Plus, if it didn't clear the tunnel that would pose a more tricky evac.

So if it was someone's first time on Hades & that happened would it still count as a credit?

Yup I think so. Have you successfully conquered the lift hill, you own a new credit.

I disagree. How could you even hold a conversation about the ride? Yeah, that first drop was great. The ending? Uh....

I say no!

I am just wondering how long it took someone to actually notice that the train was stopped. The station is quite a ways away from the turn around. Crews should be watching, but things happen.

They probably noticed after the train didn't return to the station.

The question though is how long till they realize that the train should have returned by now.

Considering the operations at Mt. Olympus , it could have been longer then you think.

Are there sensors on the antirollbacks? If there are they might have known at the second it stopped on them and as it is a modern coaster I really think it would have them. If not, well I hope they don't have to go to the bathroom!

So if it was someone's first time on Hades & that happened would it still count as a credit?

Yup I think so. Have you successfully conquered the lift hill, you own a new credit.

I disagree. How could you even hold a conversation about the ride? Yeah, that first drop was great. The ending? Uh....

I say no!

It would count as a quarter credit, since that's all you got to ride!

The question though is how long till they realize that the train should have returned by now.

Considering the operations at Mt. Olympus , it could have been longer then you think.

That or if employees in the ticket booths can see the hill or parking attendants ground crews or even guests. One call to maintmence is all it takes.

I say no!

This is true, but given that the tunnel and the prelift are probably Hades' best known features, it may work here. That said, I don't think that it would count as a credit if you got stuck at that point.