TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

Links coming soon!

Oct 27th, 2005 - Mt. Olympus announces indoor theme park addition! (See Below)

March 21st, 2007 - 'Poseidon's Rage' Wave Pool announced!

April 25th, 2008 - 'The River Troy' Lazy River announced!

May 11th, 2008 - Dive to Atlantis removed!

July 11th, 2008 - Dive to Atlantis completely gone, yet sign remains

June 15th, 2009 - Hades stalls at the top of the lift

December 20th, 2011 - 'Lost City of Atlantis' water fortress announced!

November 13th, 2012 - Hades 360 announced!

November 13th, 2012 - Hades 360 promo video released

December 5th, 2012 - Work begins on Hades 360

February 3rd, 2013 - Construction work begins on Hades 360

February 14th, 2013 - Overbanking work on Hades 360 turnaround begins

March 8th, 2013 - Hades 360 barrel roll begins to take shape

March 13th, 2013 - Hades 360 turnaround & barrel roll work continues

April 14th, 2013 - Hades 360 track framing nears completion

May 9th, 2013 - Hades 360 track work complete

May 25th, 2013 - Hades 360 test run footage

May 25th, 2013 - Hades 360 full POV video posted!

June 17th, 2013 - Mt. Olympus buys Pine Dell Motel, demolishes pool

August 11th, 2013 - TPR's Hades 360 POV & Rider Cam Video!

October 30th, 2013 - Mt. Olympus buys even more area motels!

March 16th, 2014 - Employer falls from Opa

December 10th, 2015 - Manticore, 140 foot Star Flyer announced for 2015

July 9th, 2015 - Cable snaps on Catapult

December 22th, 2016 - Trespasser dies after falling from closed water slide

August 9th, 2021 - America's First 'Slidewheel' opening Summer 2022!

Original Post:

http://www.wiscnews.com/wde/news/index. ... 52&ntpid=0

Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park will break into year-round amusement rides when it completes a 43,000 square foot indoor theme park some time next year.

Mt. Olympus co-owner Nick Laskaris said the building will be called the "Parthenon" -- after the ancient Greek temple of the same name -- and will be of the same architectural style as the rest of the Mt. Olympus park.

The Parthenon will contain a spinning roller coaster called the "Opa," a Greek exclamation shouted after downing a drink, as well as other amusement rides.

Construction on the development, whose site plan made it through the Lake Delton Plan Commission Tuesday, has already begun between Treasure Island's indoor water park and the Mt. Olympus theme park.

"We need to get into the more year-round amusements," Laskaris said. "Our hotel partners will have something to offer year-round, too, when we package with them."

The Parthenon will be open 12 months a year and be connected to the indoor water park, which is also open year-round.

The indoor and outdoor waterparks, and the indoor and outdoor theme parks will all be offered in one admission price, Laskaris said. "It's pretty hard to find more variety than that," he said.

The Dells area is lacking in year-round amusement, Laskaris said, and the new park may predict a trend in future development. "This is a first for us, so I'm sure if it goes well (other businesses will) all be jumping on board," he said. "They'll be watching it."

^ that would be awsome. But, you have to consider that the Dells is more than one or two roads full of stuff. There are miles of bike, snowmobile, horse trails all over the area. Plus, there are ski resorts, and boat cruises around the area too. It would be nice to put it on the main strip but not the whole area. Although, it would be cool if they did that

But this does sound like a good idea. I mean there will be a indoor/outdoor water park and a indoor/outdoor theme park. It really cant get that much better!

Wow, this is great news!

After visiting Toverland in Europe I really didn't understand why more year round parks don't build indoor sections that can be open year round! The Dells is continuing to impress me more and more. Now, granted it's a spinning mouse, but that's got to be one of the coolest names for a spinning mouse yet!

^ Let's just hope it's a Gerstlauer or Maurer Shone model, and not one of the less exciting Reverchon clone models.

I'd love to see another Maurer Shone model in the US, especially one with the awesome 90 degree bank turn/hill thing.

Anyways, now I can get my coaster fix during the winter, with a place that's pretty close to me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Mt.Olympus has breifly announced Posidons rage here...

New from Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park, Poseidon's Rage Surf Pool. One of the World's Largest Surf Pools Featuring The World's Tallest Wave Soaring at 9' Tall. Coming this summer to Mt. Olympus.

More details to follow soon.

JOIN THE RAGE!

Heres a link

It has opened! More info plus photos of its opening on page 4.