Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

P. 126 - Trespasser dies at park
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Re: Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park Discussion Thread

Postby DLex » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:39 am

I can't speak to Hades' condition prior to this season, but when I was there in July it was running great! Zeus was by far the roughest coaster in Wisconsin Dells.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:18 am

Zeus was more bumpy to me than rough. It definitely was a bumpy ride, but it didn't shake you around too bad.

Hades 360 was really smooth. There is one part during the pre-lift segment where it punches you in the gut but that is just the design of the ride, not a reflection of the track.

Cyclops was amazing. Not really rough at all.

HellCat was horrible. Horrible. Horrible. That whole Timber Falls place was run down and had by far the worst employees of any park (if you can even call it that) I've been to. I wish they could take better care of an Alan Schilke creation, because the layout has potential. :(
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby TyRush » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:08 am

Just watched the Hades 360 video again..the rider cam will never get old :lmao: :lmao:
If Intamin made a donkey, it wouldn't be tame.....well for a year

Visit our Penn State Theme Park Engineering Group page! www.psuthemeparkengineering.com/

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby palmerleeberry » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:
Hades 360 was really smooth. There is one part during the pre-lift segment where it punches you in the gut but that is just the design of the ride, not a reflection of the track.

HellCat was horrible. Horrible. Horrible. That whole Timber Falls place was run down and had by far the worst employees of any park (if you can even call it that) I've been to. I wish they could take better care of an Alan Schilke creation, because the layout has potential. :(

I have to agree on that statement after being to the Dells last month. I rode Hades 360 and the worse part about that ride was the long time I had to wait in line, but I didn't let it get me down because I would ride it twice that day. As for Hellcat, I rode it three time, but I had to take long breaks in between those rides I order to recuperate.

One more thing - I was really impress how they ran their go-kart courses. Having one set of go karts race while the other set of go-karts load and unload was brilliant! Tis a pity that more parks aren't doing that - they just load and race a set of go-karts at one time.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:21 am

I think Mt. Olympus' Go Karts actually are pretty nice. I was impressed by how many of them there are. But that funky noise the track makes remind me of they are at Mt. Olympus.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:08 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:^ Hades360's full retrack saved it. So the 2014 Hades360 is not the 2013 Hades360 anymore ;)

Ah I see. I was wondering why so many people were complaining about Hades360. I rode it yesterday ( 4 ) times. It's smoothe. The underground tunnel portions are very smooth.

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:27 am

I went to Mount Olypmus yesterday. They were open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. It was cold i when we arrived at 1230 p.m. There was more traffic initially. At about 3 p.m. it appeared that the lines, for whatever reason, had decreased by at least 1/3. Here are some very positive things from my experience:

1) Tickets are $10.00 each
2) You pay no parking fee.
3) Traffic was light. Their outside water park is closed.
4) You could actually get on Hades360 in less than half an hour. Sometimes the end of the line was halfway up the stairs, which equals about a 15-20 minute wait.

Cyclops lines were short. For almost the entire day our wait after getting off the ride was between 5 to 10 minutes.
Pegasus' lines were about the same.

The only negative thing was Zeus was down. Mechanical failure? For a wooden roller coaster and with the amount of money they generate I highly doubt it. I think the traffic was low enough that they didn't think they would need to run all of their roller coasters. Saves money on wear and tear to ride, workers etc etc.

I rode Cyclops ( 9 ) times, Hades360 ( 5 ) times, and Pegasus ( 3 ) times. For $10 that is a considerable value.

There are restaurants a few blocks down the street from Mount Olympus. The prices at Mount Olympus are high. We went to McDonalds down the street. It took ( 30 ) minutes for us to drive there, go through the drive through, eat, and then walk back inside the theme park. I saved at least $25 for each McDonalds visit. We went twice. $50 bucks saved by not eating inside Mount Olympus.

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:50 am

I went to Mt. Olympus again this weekend. I rented a two bedroom room with a small roll in bed along with entrance to their indoor water theme park and outdoor theme park for five people for Friday 09/19/14 and Saturday 09/20/14 for $103.00. That's basically $10 per person per day for entrance into the park and hotel. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

This is what I take is running every Friday for the rest of the year. Zeus, Cyclops, and Pegasus. Hades 360 was closed on Friday. If you have read about or experienced Mount Olympus during it's peak Summer days you will be pleasantly surprised by it's operations during the off-season in September. When we went this Friday there were about ( 40 ) cars in the parking lot. I would guess that there were about ( 200 ) people all together in the park. There may have been ( 50 ) people trying to get on their ( 3 ) running coasters at best Friday. For the most part you could get off and reride with little to no wait. Pretty bad a** in my opinion.

Zeus ( 6 rides ). I was disappointed that Zues was down last Saturday. I thought it was a better ride than it currently is. I was mistaken. The track needs to be refurbished. It is a very rough ride. The hill of doom you must climb followed by the stairs of doom leading up to the queque made this ride not a reride marathon Cyclops would ultimately become for me.

Cyclops ( 12 rides ). The lines are short. Rerides are allowed. The operator for this ride is awesome. He is laid back and allowed for rerides provided nobody else was trying to get on. Besides Pegasus the walk off the coaster and back on it is shorter and not as steep as Hades 360 or Zues. The buzz bars are awesome on this ride. It's a smooth ride. The drop of death is awesome! It appears to have been refurbished as the track prior to the drop of death is grey while the drop of death portion looks like they just chopped it off a tree.

One of the coolest things I like about the drop of death portion of Cyclops is it's presentation. There were always people constantly standing, watching, and often taking pictures of people coming down the drop. It's just such a bad a** roller coaster. Probably the best roller coaster under 2,000 feet in the midwest.

Pegasus ( 4 rides ). I have no idea why I rode this ( 4 ) times, especially considering that I had been on this before. I rode it because it's a wooden roller coaster. I rode it because I am a credit whore. I rode it because it was there.

Saturday was busier. I would say that there were approximately ( 4 ) times more people at Mount Olympus' outdoor theme park. Hades 360 is open on Saturday and Zues is closed. We arrived at Mount Olympus at 09:30 a.m. on Saturday. They open at 10:00 a.m. We were the first people to arrive at the park. Slowly people began to come. We immediately went to Hades 360.

Hades 360 ( 3 rides ). We got on the first ride of the day. During our ( 30 ) minute wait in the parking lot prior to them opening we didn't see them test Hades 360 once. I hope they tested it out before running it. We got on the first train to be dispatched and we waited for about ( 10 ) minutes prior to having the train dispatched. Evidently Mount Olympus the following rule: No trains will be sent unless the train is completely full. Unless there is a maintenance issue with any of the cars, in which case Mount Olympus retains the right to shut down that car for the entire day and thus slow down their operations even more.

Do not try to get on Hades 360 with uneven party numbers. Single riders often times have to get up out of their seat to sit with other single riders. So as a single rider don't expect to be able to ride in the back where it's bad a** and fun. You may have to be moved to the front with a stranger who has huge breasts or it could be a 8 year old boy who is riding a roller coaster for the first time. Breasts and young boys should never be written in the same sentence. Remember that.

Hades 360 is a great ride. It's not great enough for me to be willing to wait ( 30 ) minutes to get on it when I can walk down to Cyclops and get on it almost non-stop.

Cyclops ( 15 rides ). Yep yep.

P.S. On my first Hades 360 ride on Saturday my lap bar got stuck. I was stuck along with a younger girl in the first row. I was sitting there for 10 to 15 minutes while a maintenance guy tried to get me loose. He finally loosened it enough to where I could get out. Do not make eye contact with the public that has now swelled from nobody to being ( 3 ) rides deep. Walk of shame to Cyclops cometh.

Postby Beni_Rodriguez » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:04 am

GigaG wrote:Question about Cyclops - Is the "18 and up" rule enforced? And is the "airtime drop" good in the second-to-back car (third row from the back?) Finally, does the ride have seatbelts?

The 18 and up rule is no longer being enforced. I went to Mount Olympus this weekend and the Saturday previous and I believe for the most part the operator was the same person. Even with the other operator nothing was said to the people who came on the trip with me who were 10, 11, and 14 years old.

That rule really does not make any sense to me. Nobody has ever been flung out of their seat while on Cyclops. It seems the ride was so geniously created that it gives the impression that you may fall out of your seat, but I felt as if the forces being put on your body actually make you stay glued to your seat.

I found that the last row or the second to the last row on Cyclops are basically the same thing. The airtime drop is still good in the thrid car from the back, but certainly not as good. If you are under 18 and concerned about this I don't think there would be a problem. Especially if you go with an adult on your first ride.

They do have seatbelts on this ride. I recommend not only carefully putting them on correctly prior to the start of the ride, but also to checking them before the drop of death. The belt did get loose on me a few times, but that "may" have been my own fault. Either way I am an unknown roller coaster enthusiast, but if I died on Cyclops I would become immortal.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby VF15 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Manticore - New in 2015
Mt. Olympus is proud to present the latest new tower ride: “Manticore”. This vertical swing offers a spectacular view of the entire Theme Park and Water Park and is a perfect centerpiece.

Standing more than 140 feet tall, the Manticore is a high impact and high capacity ride in a small footprint. The ride is made by one 140 feet tall tower, one rotating and lifting center equipped with 12 single-connected arms, and 12 double-seat chairs hooked with 4 chains each. The Manticore can accommodate 24 guests and is themed. It is lit with a barrage of LED lights on all four column sides.
1920x602_manticore1.jpg
similar-manticore2.jpg
Valleyfair Ride Operator
2016 - Wild Thing
2017 - Wild Thing/Xtreme Swing
2018 - Steel Venom/Scrambler

Cedar Point Ride Operator
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!