TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Where Are You Going in 2017?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me outside of my local parks of Carowinds, Dollywood. and 6Flags ATL it will be:

Kennywood

Kings Island

Cedar Point

Hershey Park

Dorney Park

California Great America

6Flags Discovery Kingdom

6 Flags Magic Mountain

Knotts Berry Farms

Busch Gardens Tampa/Williamsburg

Okay I've been debating for some time about this, because I don't truly have "official official" plans, but there are a lot of "If I have the funds and a free weekend, I'll definitely be going there!" type places, so:

Definitely:

Kings Island

Cedar Point

Kentucky Kingdom

Goals (In order of most likely to "it might possibly happen."

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (Every year!)

Dollywood

Kings Dominion

Silver Dollar City

Hersheypark

Knoebels

Holiday World

Six Flags St. Louis

Six Flags Great America

Florida parks.

I have my Platinum Pass, Six Flags Gold Pass, and I'm planning on getting a Kentucky Kingdom season pass, and potentially a Dollywood/SDC pass. This could be my year for owning the most passes I've ever had! I also still have an unused Hersheypark ticket, and I can't go to PA without visiting Knoebels, so that's all my reasoning for the top placed parks.

potentially a Dollywood/SDC pass

Keep in mind that unlike CF and SF, HFE doesn't have a combination season pass. Owning a season pass for Dollywood or SDC entitles you to 50% off single day tickets to the other park. So get the season pass for the one you'd be more likely to visit more often (I'd guess based on geography that'd be Dollywood for you), and then take advantage of the discount for a special trip. Branson's really building up their attractions recently with the Runaway Mountain Coaster, Fritz's Adventure, Branson Ferris Wheel, and the new winery. I've been highly critical of the town as nothing but go-karts and country music shows, but it's reinventing itself, and I like the direction it's going. Hope to see you out here this summer!

I also still have an unused Hersheypark ticket, and I can't go to PA without visiting Knoebels

You've got your priorities straight.

potentially a Dollywood/SDC pass

Keep in mind that unlike CF and SF, HFE doesn't have a combination season pass. Owning a season pass for Dollywood or SDC entitles you to 50% off single day tickets to the other park. So get the season pass for the one you'd be more likely to visit more often (I'd guess based on geography that'd be Dollywood for you), and then take advantage of the discount for a special trip. Branson's really building up their attractions recently with the Runaway Mountain Coaster, Fritz's Adventure, Branson Ferris Wheel, and the new winery. I've been highly critical of the town as nothing but go-karts and country music shows, but it's reinventing itself, and I like the direction it's going. Hope to see you out here this summer!

Yep, SDC is a 9-10 hour drive from me according to Google, while Dollywood is about a 5 hour drive. So 50% off a one-day ticket is fine with me, because I'd probably only make it to SDC once while I could potentially visit Dollywood more. I'm hoping to hit Dollywood in December this year for my first time, I'd probably try to buy the pass then.

Branson...you had me at winery.

I also still have an unused Hersheypark ticket, and I can't go to PA without visiting Knoebels

You've got your priorities straight.

Oh hell yes! After visiting both parks for the first time this year, I'm a new convert! Plus, I visited Knoebels on probably the busiest day all year (BOGO opening weekend) and while we did get to do a lot, I'd really like to do more, and stay the night.

Looks like 2017 might be a quiet year for me. Only confirmed park so far is Playland @PNE in Vancouver, prior to an Alaskan Cruise vacation.

Other thoughts:

Cedar Point if the new Mean Streak opens.

Luna Park during a New York visit.

Hershey Park for a long weekend.

^ Great! Hope it's a nice day here, when you visit the park.

Note that if you can arrive there around noon, the Haunted Mansion should be Open by then.

And it's a pretty good walk-through I must say, after going through a lot of them, around

the world, on TPR Tours.

It's an upcharge of around $5-6 Cdn. Definitely worth the money. IMhO.

IMG_4388.JPG.0bf01a5c991436e30140c465ed56289b.JPG

Fun and freeky, and they sometimes change the route around, from season to season!

Tokyo Disney for sure in late April (my third trip), wondering if Nemo will be open by then....and probably another randomly decided park.

Either Hershey Park or Bush Gardens Williamsburg when I visit my parents over the summer.

Of course a variety of Halloween trips as usual (Uni Hollywood, Knott's Scary, etc.)

Most Likely:

WoF or SFGAm (can't afford both)

1+Orlando parks (I go to college in Tampa, but lack a car)

BGT

Valleyfair (Home park, possible place of employment)

Nickelodeon Universe @ MoA

Mt. Olympus (I have a timeshare attached to the park and it's only a couple hours from home)

Hopefully:

Carowinds on my drive to college

I bought Six Flags and Cedar Fair season passes along with the dining plans so most of these trips will be just paying for gas and hotels as I just drive everywhere. I also plan on buying a Busch Gardens one since I'm going to Florida next year and it will give me a good excuse to go to Williamsburg for a bunch of weekend getaways next year. I have some trips in mind but really depends on scheduling.

Confirmed parks

Six Flags Great Adventure

Six Flags New England

Six Flags America

Six Flags Great Escape

Dorney Park

Kings Dominion

Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay

SeaWorld Orlando

Aquatica Orlando

Epcot

Hershey Park

Knobels

Rye Playland

Coney Island / Luna park (yeah I've lived in NYC my entire life but never visited here, I hate driving to and dealing with anything to do with Brooklyn so I've been delaying this for years lol)

Trying to plan

Carowinds

Cedar Point

Kings Island

Dollywood

Kennywood

Waldameer

Lakemont

Kentucky Kingdom

On the fence for these...

Universal Islands of Adventure (for hulk and King Kong, I was just in Orlando in January and did all the Disney parks and Universal Studios so that's why I don't plan on going back next year)

Hershey Park season pass - I do love this park but just not sure if I'll bother with a season pass, I may just go once or twice for the year. Just not sure if I'll get my moneys worth out of it.

Unfortunately, it's looking like next year will be an off year for me, aside from Six Flags Great Adventure (season pass is already purchased) and maybe a couple Jersey Shore parks. I'm looking to refine the budget in order knock out the remaining debt I have (primary student loans), and some things will have to be sacrificed in order to do so.

The following Florida parks for sure:

The Disney Four

Sea World

Busch Gardens Tampa

I am doing a little Mexico City trip in April:

Six Flags Mexico and a couple smaller ones.

I also hope to do a small trip to New England as well:

Six Flags New England

Lake Compounce

Six Flags Great Adventure

I will probably do a trip up to Atlanta at some point for Six Flags Over Georgia.

^ Great! Hope it's a nice day here, when you visit the park.

Note that if you can arrive there around noon, the Haunted Mansion should be Open by then.

And it's a pretty good walk-through I must say, after going through a lot of them, around

the world, on TPR Tours.

It's an upcharge of around $5-6 Cdn. Definitely worth the money. IMhO.

Thanks for the tip. Looking forward to riding the famous Coaster. First time in Vancouver, so spending a few days around the city pre cruise. We are actually driving from Calgary and going to ride the Pipe coaster at Revelstoke too!

^ Great! This link by the way, takes you to admission prices and hours of the park.

http://www.pne.ca (When they post them, usually by the end of this year.)

The Suspension Bridge, over on what we call the North Shore, is a great thing to visit.

And then, there will be the cable cars up Grouse Mountain, beyond where the Bridge is.

https://www.capbridge.com/visit/

https://www.grousemountain.com/general-admission-membership/buy-tickets

Easy to get to by car, by the way. You head over to Capilano Road, then drive North

up to the Bridge first. Then beyond, up to where the Cable Cars are. I forgot to add this

freebie of Cleveland Dam, between the Bridge and the Cable Cars, where many

a television (recently, The Flash) and big movie scenes have been filmed.

Capilano_Suspension_Bridge_Vancouver.thumb.jpg.2c6c5226444d743793eaf042f5c9c356.jpg

The Capilano Suspension Bridge, Vancouver.

As of right now, it looks like I might have a good year, or at least better than this year(where my only park was one busy day at Cedar Point):

Universal Studios Hollywood

Disneyland

Disney California Adventure

Belmont Park

Cedar Point

Knotts Berry Farm?

Sea World San Diego?

Six Flags Great America?

Hopefully all goes well.