TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

On 7/14/2023 at 10:04 AM, Rusty Nail said:

It appears Timberline Twister and Camp Bus are permanently closed, both attractions are behind walls and have been removed from the Knotts website and app.

Well a month after closing 3 rides with no notice, we now have a *teaser* for whatever is happening in Camp Snoopy.   Knott's PR, once again, doing the absolute least.

https://fb.watch/mjKelJOvjL/ 

Glad to hear. It is interesting that Cedar Fair is repairing and restoring one of their hydraulic launches, and converting/reimagining the other (obviously different situations with different histories but still). Makes me wonder if when Xcelerator inevitably has another major repair/closure in the next 2-5 years if that will be their final straw and they will Zamperla-ify it - assuming TT2 goes well - or just straight up remove the ride, or continue to repair it.

1 hour ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

Glad to hear. It is interesting that Cedar Fair is repairing and restoring one of their hydraulic launches, and converting/reimagining the other (obviously different situations with different histories but still). Makes me wonder if when Xcelerator inevitably has another major repair/closure in the next 2-5 years if that will be their final straw and they will Zamperla-ify it - assuming TT2 goes well - or just straight up remove the ride, or continue to repair it.

I've got low expectations for Zamperla. I do hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, coasternut said:

I've got low expectations for Zamperla. I do hope I'm wrong.

You and me both.  Besides, even if the ride is stellar, I still have zero confidence in their ability to make a seat/restraint that even approaches "comfortable."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AmyUD06 said:

You and me both.  Besides, even if the ride is stellar, I still have zero confidence in their ability to make a seat/restraint that even approaches "comfortable."

Well I hated the Wild Mouse at Cedar Point. It was very uncomfortable and the ride was unreliable. Their new "lightning trains" look good, but time will tell. I'm mostly concerned about them getting TT2 to work and operate reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I know that theme park food prices are always high but I stopped by the pizza place in Boardwalk the other day and found out that garlic knots were THREE DOLLARS EACH.  I asked for two small pieces of bread and the employee said "six dollars" and I almost choked.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

Also, I know that theme park food prices are always high but I stopped by the pizza place in Boardwalk the other day and found out that garlic knots were THREE DOLLARS EACH.  I asked for two small pieces of bread and the employee said "six dollars" and I almost choked.

I thought the slice of pizza and cesar salad on my meal plan were a nice change from eating at the 2 BBQ places every visit.  I also need to try the new Mexican restaurant even though the previous one had weak salsa.

Knott’s Berry Farm invited Theme Park Review to their preview event for the historic 50th year of Knott’s Scary Farm!

KnottsScaryFarm50Logo.thumb.png.20663a04a5d420bd85a6407ea64e2ba2.png

“It all started in 1973 as a fun three-day Halloween Haunt. With five decades of never-ending nightmares, unimaginable scares, and innovative thrills, Knott's Scary Farm has left no tomb unearthed, no crypt unrattled, and no fear untouched.”

The event features: 10 mazes (3 new), 5 scare zones, 4 shows, and runs on select nights from September 21 through October 31.

New:

Cinema Slasher (Maze) – Venturing through the mystical Midnight Theater, guests travel through the silver screen and into a trilogy of slasher movies. As they are swallowed into the world of gothic horror, they become the movie characters who try to escape the wrath of the dangerous Slasher. Will everyone survive, or will they become forever ensnared in the decaying reality from a bygone era? The conniving Midnight Theater wickedly opens its doors, daring those brave enough to buy a ticket to Cinema Slasher!

CinemaSlasher_HeroImageMedia.thumb.jpg.0402fbe32278c7405b168bd2cbe7928f.jpg

The Chilling Chambers (Maze) – In honor of the first maze in Knott's Scary Farm's prestigious history, the "10 Chilling Chambers" is a ghastly new attraction that gives a nostalgic nod to Scary Farm's past while terrorizing the audience of today. Guided by The Keeper, the sinister caretaker of the conservatory of horrors, guests are thrust beyond the threshold of an ominous towering cathedral that leads to terrifying classic maze themes from Knott's Scary Farm's infamous history. Scream from countless fears of seasons gone by as 50 years of terror are unleashed in The Chilling Chambers.  

ChillingChambers_HeroImageMedia.thumb.jpg.b1b92538c0ed226a4b9e1196b73314df.jpg

Room 13 (Maze) – Violent murders at The Blind Tiger interrupt the Prohibition-era revelry on Memory Lane. A dangerously delicious new cocktail named The Devil’s Elixir seems to be at the root of the mayhem, but where did the mysterious green aperitif come from? The answers may lie at the heart of the extravagant Argive Hotel, where many have checked in to Room 13… but none have checked out.

Room13_HeroImageMedia.thumb.jpg.cbae070774d5c1660659436a10dca038.jpg

The Gauntlet (Scare Zone) – In this reimagined version of the fan favorite, classic characters return to invade Camp Snoopy, but with an updated twist. Guests will again encounter the King and Queen of the realm, maniacal jesters, brutal barbarians, wicked wizards, and lawless peasants. They’ve all returned with an onslaught of fresh terror. All Hail the King or suffer the wrath of The Gauntlet!

Dr. Cleaver Returns (Show) – Your favorite demented doctor is back for more Halloween hijinks! Grab a seat at the world-famous Bird Cage Theatre for a wicked journey into the great beyond.

The Hanging: Uncancelled (Show) – The Lawman has returned to track down the vilest villains of the past year in this pop culture parody stunt extravaganza. No one is safe when the gates of the Wagon Camp swing open. (This announcement had the most positive fan reaction at the preview event!)

20230824_194707.thumb.jpg.dc1095f2b9b90f692d14566ac6648ed3.jpg

THEHANGING_logo.thumb.jpg.06790c8cf2f4f723bf33e68cfa51f40b.jpgHanging_HeroImageMedia.thumb.jpg.1c4b41df7636dc6187983c80d4ae1851.jpg

Music, Monsters & Mayhem (Show) – “Music, Monsters and Mayhem” takes you on a scintillating and provocative musical journey celebrating 50 years of terror and frights. Featuring a rockin’ score, wild laughs, and a cast of singing and dancing monstrosities bound to get your heart racing with screams of delight!

Returning Mazes: Bloodline 1842, The Grimoire, Mesmer: Sideshow of the Mind, Wax Works, Origins: The Curse of Calico, The Depths, Dark Entities

Returning Scare Zones: Ghost Town Streets, The Gore-ing 20's, CARNEVIL, Forsaken Lake

Returning Favorites: Timber Mountain Log Ride: Halloween Hootenanny (Attraction Overlay), Into The Fog: A Scary Farm Tribute Art Show, 

Le Magnifique Carnaval du Grotesque (Show)

Visit Knott's Website to plan your visit!

Thank you to the Knott’s PR Team for inviting us; we can’t wait to celebrate 50 years of screams with you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...