TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

p. 37 - New photos of Monster!

That giant thick tree trunk of a support in the middle is very interesting.  Little thicc boi :) 

Really looking forward to a POV of this ride when it's available.

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, Don’t say we didn’t squeeze it in. 

Great news! 

In regards to the Oziris thing, when we rode Oziris we were expecting it to be a really weak invert after the reviews on here but it was actually really good so maybe it’s running better in general or

Posted Images

13 hours ago, WolfBobs said:

That giant thick tree trunk of a support in the middle is very interesting.  Little thicc boi :) 

Really looking forward to a POV of this ride when it's available.

There are going to be a few of these dotted around the course, at least four I think. It seems like a good idea because it cuts down on the amount of supports and groundwork.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So do we know which version of the inverted trains this will have?

Not that they affect the enjoyment too much, but the originals provide a preferable ride experience for me, over the trains with the vest restraints. Hopefully this will ride more like Oziris than Banshee.

You could be describing my first rides on Montu, too. I wrote that off as well, but then re-riding it a few years later it blew my socks off. Maybe you caught OzIris on a bad day (or bad days). It's honestly one of my favourite inverts 🤷‍♀️

Regarding Monster, at least even if it is like [your least favourite invert], I feel at least it has the quirky layout and near-misses to its advantage. 

I felt Oziris was an excellent example of a new school B&M Inverted, where Banshee's long and gliding inversions lacked the wow factor for me.

I'm grateful that Monster is able to fit in the space, and am just hoping it rides more like an original Batman clone than a wing coaster :)

• Thanks 1
On 12/6/2020 at 5:56 PM, KBrylczyk said:

Extraordinarily slow and legitimately making me think it won't make it back to the station?

I honestly did not think it was that slow. Sure, it was nothing like a batman clone but I found it waaay more intense than any B&M wing coaster I've been on (actually, the only B&M built after Oziris that felt more intense to me was Fury).

I have not been on banshee but it doesn't seem super intense. Fast, yes, but also with very drawn out elements.

I'm sure this will be a great fun ride but I'm not expecting a batman clone. B&M seems to be done with rides that intense.

This project is so awesome, I can't wait to see this thing when it opens. I'm really interested to see what they do with the station/que theming since all of that (or most of it at least) is under ground. I've never really noticed it til now but most of the coasters at Grona Lund have kind of generic names but really elaborate and beautiful theming around the attractions. It's almost like it's like it's a "theme park" where the theme is a "classic amusement park.", so a coaster called Monster with an underground station and tunnels has all kinds of potential to be really creative and awesome.

In regards to the Oziris thing, when we rode Oziris we were expecting it to be a really weak invert after the reviews on here but it was actually really good so maybe it’s running better in general or we just caught it on a good day. The first drop is excellent, nothing else was super forceful but it wasn’t weak either. The theming elements and tunnel bumped it up a bit for me. It’s not a top-tier invert but for me it’s easily better than something like Talon, Great Bear, Ice Dragon post-dueling or Silver Bullet. I’d call it average.

I have no clue how this thing will ride but every single B&M invert is good so no matter what, it’s a win.

• Like 2

OzIris was my favorite invert when I rode it last year.  I wasn't expecting to get the half dozen airtime moments I got in the back row and the inversions were a good mix of forceful and floaty ones.  It seems like the ride has started running better when I look at recent reviews versus older ones.

Monster looks fantastic, especially since it's crammed into such a tight space at Grona Lund.

• Like 1

As someone that has watched Grona Lund grow from afar for years, enamored with how they’ve managed to squeeze more rides into their limited footprint, I’m especially eager to see how this new B&M fits—and what room there is left for future additions.