TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

Well Winterfest was a blast. I had my expectations set low, howver they blew out of the water for an inaugural event. I went just about every night and the place was packed except for the winter weather night where they closed at 7pm (smart IMO) and the Friday after Christmas. The shows were amazing and the temporary food afferings for Winterfest all were great. Yes I was a pig lol. I'll update photos later.

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t think you get what I’m saying at all.  As a fan, I’m really glad they opened Carowinds for like a month even though this event was really stupid because I got to ride two coasters and I w

So we went to Taste of Carowinds yesterday since we’re visiting the in-laws who live ten minutes away. Before going I was confused as to why this event was even a thing and after going I’m infini

I really need parks to get their act together by next season. We're clearly still going to be operating in a very covid positive world, but many parks seem to be doing a good job...just copy those!

Posted Images

^ Nothing just run it as a regular park with all the rides open as it typically near 60-75 possibly 80 degrees during the day. Of course with Christmas plays and maybe a day parade. idk. It’ll def be opposite of Scarowinds as the night is geared to teens and adults for the haunt. This time night time will be geared towards families as of course most rides will not be in operation during winterfest. Idk. Just me wanting the park open more lol

Edited by pproteinc

Yeah, Scarowinds crowds are typically people who don't go to the park during the day. Winterfest crowds are the same families that would be at the park during normal hours. If I had to pick, based on bang for my buck, I would opt out of night time at the park for winterfest as it would seem redundant to do both in one night. I say just open at normal times in the day and close rides are the temp drops.

My kids and I will be going to the park on July 1. Any recs on a hotel nearby the park? We are driving in from the Outer Banks. Their website has a Quality Inn as a preferred hotel. Any thoughts on that? Thanks.

They’re 3 or 4 hotels near the park. Comfort inn is directly across from the parking lot. As which is the best I’m not certain as I have no need to stay living 5mins away. The quality inn is across Carowinds Blvd behind the QT station.

When I went a couple years ago they had something like this. A bunch of small booths with food from different sections of the Carolinas My favorite was the beer booth of course.

Thanks for the hotel info.

Yessss! This name is wonderfully silly, and helps Carowinds maintain the distinction of having three separate roller coasters with an airplane theme.

The new colors are also a massive improvement over the old ones.

Now would it be too much to ask for a new train that actually makes it rideable?