TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

The park has confirmed to someone on Facebook that the carousel and gliders are being relocated within the park. Excellent news!

What a relief! Those flyers are my favorite behind the Knoebel's flyers. Now I just won't have to traverse the kiddie section to get to them.

I was definitely freaking out for a minute looking at the new drawings trying to see where the flyers went! Whew, crisis averted. Interested to see where they put them.

I don't have any little kids but I realize this is a great addition for the park. I'm also glad to see the gliders moved out of the kiddie section. Hopefully the line will have less waiting cause of this. I never thought Vortex would get converted this year. It'll definitely get done in 2019.

This is a great announcement! I really loved the kids area that was at Worlds of Fun and it sounds like this new area at Carowinds will get a lot of the similar rides. Not everyone that goes to a park is interested in Thrills and I'm glad that parks are going back to attracting families and not thrill seeking teenagers who only use their parents money to get into parks.

The Pre K pass is an AMAZING idea!! Why the hell hasn't any other park done this before? I know almost every park offers kids under 3 are free, but there's still kids that are 3-5 that can't do everything and it's almost still not worth the kids price ticket. I think more parks should see how this does, and offer it.

Jimmy "Every Family loves more Snoopy and Charlie Brown" Bo

The Pre K pass is an AMAZING idea!! Why the hell hasn't any other park done this before? I know almost every park offers kids under 3 are free, but there's still kids that are 3-5 that can't do everything and it's almost still not worth the kids price ticket. I think more parks should see how this does, and offer it.

Jimmy "Every Family loves more Snoopy and Charlie Brown" Bo

Kings Dominion offered it last year. Also many, if not most of the Cedar Fair parks are doing it this year.

Also for the past SEVERAL years, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks have been doing it as well.

^Planet Snoopy will be no more next year. The entire area will be Camp Snoopy.

[edited] I read your post incorrectly. You meant as in with other Cedar Fair parks. Who knows. They just expanded KD's last year so if they were on a trend to change, then they would have done it there last year. CP has both in their park.

From the looks of the concept art, here is the fate of all the rides currently in Planet Snoopy:

Remaining in Camp Snoopy- Lucy's Crabby Cabbies (may be rethemed), Peanuts Pirates, Woodstock Express, Snoopy's Space Race, Snoopy vs. Red Baron, Flying Ace Balloon Race, Charlie Brown Wind Up, Snoopy's Junction.

Relocated within the park- Woodstock Gliders, Character Carousel

Complete Removal- Woodstock Whirlybirds (elevated tracked ride), Snoopy's Yatch Club

Fate Unknown- Flying Ace Aerial Chase (probably not being removed, but the concept art excludes that ride)

It also appears that Peanuts Showplace will kick the bucket

From the looks of the concept art, here is the fate of all the rides currently in Planet Snoopy:

Remaining in Camp Snoopy- Snoopy's Space Race

Snoopy's Space Race is being removed. Pig Pen's Dust Buggies is taking it's place.

PPDustBuggies.jpg.064ef5a997c8a9cdb176c54e0e120a3b.jpg

cwmidwayone.thumb.jpg.6c7bf0690f1f248f58704491aee65808.jpg

Fate Unknown- Flying Ace Aerial Chase (probably not being removed, but the concept art excludes that ride)

Flying Ace Aerial Chase is going to be rethemed. (Confirmed by the park on Facebook)

FAACstays.jpg.44c845f298fab9652935205bfb607ed4.jpg

It also appears that Peanuts Showplace will kick the bucket

Peanuts Showplace is not going anywhere. (It's in the Rendering)

361646759_PeanutsShowplace.jpg.7ecd91dce5327ac834d9ff84dcb4eabb.jpg

Oh I forgot about Snapchat. I don't have it. Too much to keep up with already..lol

Probably trolling, but you never know. It would shut up all the people on their FB page about not getting anything for adults next year if they did convert for 2018. Don't think it will happen, but it's amusing seeing the comments on there...lol

Peanuts show place is still there, Snoopy's Space race will be replaced with Pig Penn's Mud Buggies. Flying Ace Aerial Chase is staying. I seen a post from Carowinds last night on Facebook about that.

Just realized that. I also never noticed Space Race was being removed, but I mean it's only a kids ride. I guess it's okay that Flying Ace is staying. It's good for kids, but could use some better restraints.