TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

I hope they do something special for it's 50th birthday in 2014!

It's probably not going to be much. A banner and maybe a mention of it on the park maps. 50 is a big year, though...

I'd doubt they'd even do that much. There was one year that a lot of rides had anniversaries (2011, I believe), and they barely mentioned anything about it. I think they just gave them all special ERT during CoasterMania and nothing else.

There were plaques/logos for the anniversaries in the flowers near the carousel for all of them when I went that year, probably that will be all blue streak gets for it on top of things others have mentioned.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

OK these are freaking cool. https://cedarpointonlineshop.com/

Made it out to Cedar Point this past weekend, October 17th-18th with my mom and dad to visit my sister working at the park. My sister works at Dorney, but since they closed early, a bunch of full time

Posted Images

http://www.toledoblade.com/Real-Estate/2013/12/04/Cedar-Fair-begins-upgrades-to-hotel-at-Sandusky-park-1.html

Renovations have begun on the historic Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point, which is part of a $60 million, three-year reinvestment in the three hotel properties located at or near the Sandusky amusement park.

The refurbishment of the Breakers, which was built in 1905, is a two-year, two-phase project. The first phase, which began last month, consists of exterior work that includes a new roof and a fresh coat of paint.

In the 2014 off season, construction crews will begin interior improvements on the 500-room hotel. Details of the upgrade to the Breakers have not been disclosed but officials of Cedar Fair LP, the park’s parent company, have said that their plans call for a refreshening in some areas of the hotel, but that there could be a repositioning or refurbishment of other sections.

Cedar Point also is expected to enhance portions of the beach in front of the Hotel Breakers. The park’s Sandcastle Suites and nearby Breakers Express Hotel also are slated for renovations between now and 2015. To pay for all the upgrades, in 2012 Cedar Fair sold its Knott’s Soak City water park near San Diego to SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment.

A purchase price was never disclosed but Cedar Fair said proceeds from the sale of the water park mostly would cover the costs of its hotel improvements.

BIZ-Cedar-Point.jpg.3010888020b9a0d940731ac9089ba996.jpg

BIZ-Cedar-Point-1.jpg.1afab58bc6c48d8586ab482f2e61cfab.jpg

Looking forward to see what they do with the rooms, some of them felt a bit tired for the price. but in saying that, it was worth the price to walk out the back of that hotel and be in the rear gates of Cedar Point.

^I believe Ouimet said this will be a goal for the coming seasons. Stay tuned!

What a lot of employees do is chip in together to get an apartment in Sandusky. If you're interested in applying, definitely be in contact with some other employees and look for someone who's interested in a roommate!

I'm afraid I might actually miss the funky datedness, or dated funkiness, of the Hotel Breakers interior. But the updates should help the hotel stand on its own merits rather than just luring people due to the convenience factor.

How crowded can Cedar Point get Memorial Day and the days after?

I'm planning on maybe doing HolliWood Nights at Holiday World Friday and Saturday, maybe Kings Island the next day or two, and then Cedar Point for two days. We'd most likely get Fast Lane, but I saw a trip report where Fast Lane queue's still had long waits.

^ I've never been Memorial Day, but it's probably insanely packed. The weekends after usually aren't too bad, but FastLane wouldn't be a bad option. It used to be dead on those weekends, but now there's usually moderate to slightly heavy crowds.

I'm really pumped up to be going. Is Platinum Fast Lane worth the extra money, though? GateKeeper we could ride early if we decide to stay at the hotel, but how long can waits for Dragster get? Also, how long would waits be in the normal queue compared to the Fast Lane queue?

I'm sorry to be asking so many questions, but I appreciate the help.

The Fast Lane Plus is definitely worth it for at least one day. Dragster goes down alot so you'll want the option to not have to wait in line for two hours to have it go down.