TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog-article/online-fun/Ride-On-John

I thought this Point Cast was a very well put together farewell to John, We got to learn about his close ties with the park and a little about his personal life. I loved it!

Slightly off topic now....

Why doesn't the marketplace have the Gatekeeper statix models? they were there waaay back in may but then vanished some time during the season, Were they discontinued or something...?

Definitely a well done video to pay tribute to a good guy. Congrats on the retirement, John!

I would love to have a job working public relations at a park like this. Already being in a customer quality assurance role for ten years (in the same company that I have worked 24 years for) has given me the experience to interface within all areas of our global corporate organization - both the positive and the negative aspects. It certainly is something that I really enjoy doing and if I could couple that into one of my favorite things to do in life (visit amusement parks), life would be even better!

I would like to think it might be just a tad less stressful working in an amusement park environment than where I currently reside, but I am sure that it would have it's sour/stressful moments as well.

Also in reading the article posted above...I miss the Frontier Lift and wish that they would/could put it back in. Made it so much easier to go multiple times from the front of the park to the back without wearing out your legs, feet and shoe soles.

And I would be perfectly fine if they needed to tear down Mantis, Iron Dragon and Shoot the Rapids in order to put it back where it once stood!

• 2 weeks later...
Now that Wildcat is gone what has been done with the space it occupied? If nothing has been done, what has been rumored that will be done with the space?

Bleachers are in Wilcat's spot. They will probably stay there till Luminosity is over. It's safe to assume nothing will replace Wildcat's spot for a long time so there is really no need to speculate right now.

Edit: I must reiterate myself by saying that this post pertains specifically to the area Wildcat was located, not the family coaster that will replace Wildcat.

Edited by Koasterking48

I thought there was at least consideration if not plan to remove the old Cedars Hotel dorms to make more room for the park. Not that they need to build the replacement for Wildcat's loss in CP's lineup right there close to where Wildcat's last location was, but that would clear up land for a medium intense family coaster of that style.

I thought there was at least consideration if not plan to remove the old Cedars Hotel dorms to make more room for the park. Not that they need to build the replacement for Wildcat's loss in CP's lineup right there close to where Wildcat's last location was, but that would clear up land for a medium intense family coaster of that style.

Maybe a Mack Spinning Coaster? Good Capacity and fills the new family coaster that Cedar Point has removed lately.

Maybe a Mack Spinning Coaster? Good Capacity and fills the new family coaster that Cedar Point has removed lately.

Zamperla Wild Mouse is my guess.

What about a Gerstlauer or Maure Shone spinning coaster?

It's safe to assume nothing will replace Wildcat's spot for a long time so there is really no need to speculate right now.

Edit: I must reiterate myself by saying that this post pertains specifically to the area Wildcat was located, not the family coaster that will replace Wildcat.

Gatekeeper?

Back in the day the Bayern Kurve and Schwabinchen were in the former Wildcat spot. I would much rather have a couple of modern flat rides in the former Wildcat spot than another small, low capacity coaster.

What do you think is the lifespan of the former IMAX theater? Valleyfair just demolished theirs.

Why would a park like Cedar Point get a Base Frame Coaster when they could get a MACK Park Model?

Why would a park like Cedar Point get a Base Frame Coaster when they could get a MACK Park Model?

I guess because they work with Zamperla more than Mack. I thought about that after I posted.... On second thought maybe a Gerstlauer. Like Spinning Dragons at WOF.

I guess because they work with Zamperla more than Mack. I thought about that after I posted.... On second thought maybe a Gerstlauer. Like Spinning Dragons at WOF.

I wouldn't say that, considering Pipe Scream is the First New Ride from Zamplerla since Camp Snoopy was built in 1999. Cedar Fair also has 4 MACK Wild Mouse Coasters in the Chain, plus the New for 2013 Coast Rider at Knott's. Manufacturers are usually selected based on the Ride Experience they want to Provide and the Cost of that Ride and associated Maintenance Costs.

I wouldn't say that, considering Pipe Scream is the First New Ride from Zamplerla since Camp Snoopy was built in 1999. Cedar Fair also has 4 MACK Wild Mouse Coasters in the Chain, plus the New for 2013 Coast Rider at Knott's. Manufacturers are usually selected based on the Ride Experience they want to Provide and the Cost of that Ride and associated Maintenance Costs.

There may not be new Zamperla flats at CP, but chain wide there is a lot of business going down between them.

I can think of four Mack wild mouses in the chain INCLUDING the one at Knotts. Keep in mind, CF is only responsible for one of them.

However, I do concede to the fact that a MACK wild mouse is much more plausible. I didn't put much thought into my initial response.

Well played, sir. Well played!

I would not be surprised to see them do their own version of Zumanjaro attached to TTD.

But Zoomanjaro is already close fo the height of TTD so it is unlikely that they would build it and make it the second or third tallest drop tower in the world.

Plus, it is Cedar Point. The best amusement park need something never been done before. Even though I think CP is highly overrated except for Maverick.

I would not be surprised to see them do their own version of Zumanjaro attached to TTD.

Seriously? That would probably be the most pointless thing ever, especially considering that they already have a super-tall drop ride in Power Tower. Both Magic Mountain and Great Adventure didn't have drop rides before Lex Luthor and Zucchini unless you count the two S&S Sky Slings that were installed in those parks.