TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ive stayed at Breakers Express twice now. Since you've been to Cedar Poin before you probably don't need to stay on the peninsula for the "holy crap look at this beautiful view" impression. If you really want the convenience of leaving midday or want to use the pools or relax or whatever you might want to stay with Breakers.

However, if you're just looking for a less expensive place to crash and park you car and other stuff for the day and don't mind a 1970's styled room, Breakers Express is perfect. Clean, cheap, and has all the benfits (early entry, etc). No complaints whatsoever about this little hotel, and I'd certainly choose this place again the next time I make it out to Ohio for a two day trip on a budget.

Ive stayed at Breakers Express twice now. Since you've been to Cedar Poin before you probably don't need to stay on the peninsula for the "holy crap look at this beautiful view" impression. If you really want the convenience of leaving midday or want to use the pools or relax or whatever you might want to stay with Breakers.

However, if you're just looking for a less expensive place to crash and park you car and other stuff for the day and don't mind a 1970's styled room, Breakers Express is perfect. Clean, cheap, and has all the benfits (early entry, etc). No complaints whatsoever about this little hotel, and I'd certainly choose this place again the next time I make it out to Ohio for a two day trip on a budget.

Yes I've been to the Point many times, but I rarely stay on site unless I'm going for two days. I am trying to justify the extra cost of HB with the renovations and short walk from the park. Such things as coming back for lunch in the room to not have to buy food, and not paying for lockers both days are hard to compete with. But Breakers express is still $50 cheaper per person... I'm torn. Thank you for your response.

My friends and I just stayed at Breakers.

1. Who does Cedar Point think they are to raise the prices to $450.00 minimum?

Why I say this is because when we stayed there they didn't even have a wine bottle opener for us nor have concierge nor hotel dinner or lunch service... I can stay at The J W Marriott for less than that price. Don't get me wrong the renovations were amazing, the Starbucks was amazing the beach was amazing but not $450 minimum a night amazing. If you charge that much you must have the things t go with that price.

2. The hotel charged us the wrong price for fast passes with our platinum passes and when we called 3 different departments to complain the customer service department ended up realising they actually did make a mistake and charged us $20 more a person then they should have ($60) instead of refunding us they offered us miniputt.. MINIPUTT!!! lol

All in all amazing job on the renovations, they just need to work some training kinks out with staff for fast passes and different types of pass promotions to their staff. They also need concierge for that price and people are going to bring their own wine to a resort like that so have bottle openers...

^ Location, Location, Location. If people are willing to pay it then they're going to keep charging it.

MINIPUTT!!! lol

... at the worst mini golf course on earth no less. lol I love Miniature Golf when it's good, but Challenge Golf is god awful. I don't think it's possible to explain in words how bad Challenge Golf is. They need to bulldoze that place (preferably for a respectable mini golf course).

We paid an arm and a leg to stay @ Breakers on Memorial Day weekend, but between the convenience of being able to walk back to our room in less than 10 minutes anytime we wanted, and not having to drive anywhere all weekend, not to mention having the option to eat at all the restaurants in the hotel, the view, the beach, having everything right near us, made paying to stay here worth every penny. It's certainly NOT the affordable option, but I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the help!

Also i forgot to ask, how do the fast lane plus' work? Ive never used fast lanes or flash passes before but i will be using them this Saturday.

For Fast Lane; you just buy your wristband at one of the locations in the park, wear the wristband all day, and you enter the Fast Lane entrance of the rides.

And for the person above who asked about the next coaster on the timeline, I think they added Gemini and Corkscrew now.

Reservations are set for Hotel Breakers. We were really close to choosing Breakers Express, but the added benefits to the extra cost of HB made it worth it. Thanks for the input. I'm really looking forward to how much the renovations improved the resort since my last stay.

This year, I upgraded my typical Kings Dominion Gold Pass to Platinum so that I could visit Carowinds over Spring Break and during August for Fury 325, and to visit Dorney during my road trip with my parents and siblings (and their families) in July (which also includes a visit to Hershey). However, I will be staying with relatives in Pittsburgh from Wednesday-Friday August 5-7, and was excited to learn that August 6 is a Platinum "ride night" for Top Thrill Dragster. I've never been to the Point before, and there's no $$$ for a FL or FL+ should I need one. I need some advice, however, before making the Pilgrimage:

1. Should I make the trip in general?

In order for me to visit the Point, I would have to leave Pittsburgh at ~5:30 AM (3-hour drive, 9AM ERT, compensating for parking, walking, and potential traffic), and would get back around 2:30 AM at the earliest (provided that I stay for LRT). Is it really worth it to make the caffeine-fueled day trip?

2. Food advice?

I have no clue about the Point's food offerings.

3. Line advice?

Again, I have no clue about the Point's lines, but I do have access to ERT and LRT. Ideally, I'd hit as many of the larger coasters as possible, but I'd need some line advice.

4. Lockerz?

I've heard that MF has lockerz, but the only other Cedar Fair locations where I've seen lockerz are in the in-park waterparks and at Fury 325. How much dinero (money) necesitaria (would I need)?

5. General advice?

Any more tips and tricks I should know? I know that at most Cedar Fair parks, it's an unwritten rule that water and Gatorade/PowerAde are allowed in (as a matter of fact, I believe it was buried in the bowels of the park maps until recently, when they supposedly "changed their policy", although bag check still waves me right through). Is CP the same way? Parking advice?

Thanks in advance, and you all are AWESOME!

^

1) Well of course! If you ride Dragster during the day, you won't have to worry about staying too late for platinum pass ERT, then you can get back home earlier than 2:30 am.

2) Famous Dave's is always a good choice, as well as TGI Fridays inside of Hotel Breakers. Inside of the park, Midway Market is pretty popular as well as Chickie's and Pete's. Make sure and check out the Sweet Spot at some point. They have some pretty amazing stuff in there.

3) Always start in the back of the park with Maverick. Even if you were late for early entry, start at Maverick, then go to Millennium Force. Never ride GateKeeper or Raptor in the morning unless you have time during early entry. The lines get outrageous in the morning since they are right at the front but they really die down in the afternoon/evening. Rougarou is the least busy in the morning and evenings, but the line moves very quickly!

4) Lockers are needed at GateKeeper, Top Thrill Dragster, Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Rougarou, and Shoot the Rapids. Magnum and Dragster share the same lockers and Rougarou and Millennium share the same as well.

5) Just plan your day accordingly to avoid lines and you can ride everything in one day! Make sure and ride Cedar Downs and Skyride. They're classics you can't miss. As for bag check, I've never really gone through the main entrance except maybe once or twice but I've never seen a bag check there.

Where did you get the link for these? The link on their website is still missing

What can I say? I'm amazing.

In all seriousness this is my theory with the webcams. This is 100% speculation. I know Tony blamed lightning but they clearly work just fine except Cam 1.

They got them almost exactly one year ago (the beginning of June), they probably signed a one year contract with pixelcaster and they're exploring other options. That's my guess...

(Oh, and I found a working live stream of Carowinds camera 2 which they took down too). I should probably go outside now and stop being such a nerd... sorry everyone. lol

1. Should I make the trip in general?

YES!! If you have the chance/opportunity to go to Cedar Point you should go! It is a great park, and it is well worth the time, and money.

2. Food advice?

As crazy as it sounds I stick to the chain restaurants when I am in the park. I eat lunch at Chick-Fil-A back by Maverick, and will grab Pink's Hotdog later in the evening. However, I am not one to eat a lot while at parks. I would highly suggest buying a Souvenir Drink Bottle online before you go. It's only $10.99 when purchased online, and you get FREE refills on the day of your first visit. Even if you only fill it with water it is cheaper than buying bottles of water.

3. Line advice?

If you are only wanting to hit up the "major" coasters you will be fine as long as you get there in time for ERT, and possibly staying for LRT.

4. Lockerz?

I know there were lockers located next to MF, and TTD. Don't take anything large, and wear shorts with zipper pockets, and you will be fine.. But just in case:

Loose Article Policy:

For safety reasons, purses, backpacks, beverage containers or any other loose articles may not be taken on the following rides: Blue Streak, Lolli Swings, Snoopy Bounce, Woodstock Express, Cedar Downs, Corkscrew, Gemini, Kite Eating Tree, Maverick, maXair, Mean Streak, Mine Ride, Power Tower, Raptor, RipCord, Skyhawk, Skyscraper, Super Himalaya, Wave Swinger, Wicked Twister, Witches' Wheel and Woodstock's Airmail. These items may be left in a locker, your vehicle, with a non-rider, or at the owner's risk on the ride platform. However, Cedar Point is not responsible for items lost, damaged or stolen.

Rougarou, GateKeeper, Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Shoot the Rapids and Top Thrill Dragster: Loose articles of any kind including purses, backpacks, beverage containers, etc may not be taken past the entrance, or in line and may not be left on the ride platform. Cell phones, pagers, or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets or waist packs. All loose items not able to be stored in cargo pockets or waist packs must be left in a locker or with a non-rider prior to entering the line.

Glasses must be secured with an athletic strap on GateKeeper, Maverick, maXair, Power Tower, Skyhawk, Top Thrill Dragster and Wicked Twister.

Loose items may be secured by the rider inside the ride unit on all rides not listed above.

For safety reasons, taking pictures, videotaping and filming on rides are prohibited. Picture taking is permitted on the C.P. & L.E. Railroad.

Loose articles are defined as cell phones, pagers, hats, cameras, stuffed animals, umbrellas, beverage containers, personal entertainment devices, purses, backpacks, etc. If you have any questions about our Loose Article Policy, please call 419-627-2301.

Source.

5. General advice?

Make the trip!! Seriously, you will not regret it. If I were you I would really try to come up with the extra money for FL(+) It will make your visit 100% more enjoyable, and you will feel less rushed.

3. Line advice?

Again, I have no clue about the Point's lines, but I do have access to ERT and LRT. Ideally, I'd hit as many of the larger coasters as possible, but I'd need some line advice.

4. Lockerz?

I've heard that MF has lockerz, but the only other Cedar Fair locations where I've seen lockerz are in the in-park waterparks and at Fury 325. How much dinero (money) necesitaria (would I need)?

5. General advice?

Any more tips and tricks I should know? I know that at most Cedar Fair parks, it's an unwritten rule that water and Gatorade/PowerAde are allowed in (as a matter of fact, I believe it was buried in the bowels of the park maps until recently, when they supposedly "changed their policy", although bag check still waves me right through). Is CP the same way? Parking advice?

First of all, check out THIS thread. It helped me immensely for my trip to CP last week.

3. Enter the park at the Marina gate, do MF, then walk back to Maverick and work your way toward the front of the park. Park in the regular lot, toward the front/left side and the walk down the road next to Blue Streak about 5 minutes. There are much fewer people at the entrance, and it puts you in the middle of the park, really close to MF.

4. If at all possible, consolidate everything into a small fanny pack so you don't have to deal with lokerz. I saw people wear them on almost every ride, and I wish I had brought one instead of my backpack. Because the park is so massive, it's really a pain to have to choose between re-renting lokerz all day, not having your stuff with you, or constantly hiking half a mile to retrieve something. GateKeeper has lokerz, but you don't need them because there are also loose item bins in the station, so don't be fooled.

3. Line advice?

4. Lockerz?

5. General advice?

First of all, check out THIS thread. It helped me immensely for my trip to CP last week.

3. Enter the park at the Marina gate, do MF, then walk back to Maverick and work your way toward the front of the park. Park in the regular lot, toward the front/left side and the walk down the road next to Blue Streak about 5 minutes. There are much fewer people at the entrance, and it puts you in the middle of the park, really close to MF.

4. If at all possible, consolidate everything into a small fanny pack so you don't have to deal with lokerz. I saw people wear them on almost every ride, and I wish I had brought one instead of my backpack. Because the park is so massive, it's really a pain to have to choose between re-renting lokerz all day, not having your stuff with you, or constantly hiking half a mile to retrieve something. GateKeeper has lokerz, but you don't need them because there are also loose item bins in the station, so don't be fooled.

So you recommend going to the Marina Entrance instead of the Hotel Breakers entrance? To park in the regular lot, do you have to pay for parking? How early do you suggest we get up and head over to the regular lot to make it to the Marina entrance?

This was posted some time ago, but I wanted to give extra thanks and attention to the fact that tightening the seat belt as tight as you can on Magnum makes the ride so enjoyable. I rode that in the second to last row three times in a row tonight and it was a blast. Absolutely fantastic every time and no pain whatsoever in any part of my body.

Also, the new restraints on Maverick make the ride so much better. I still enjoyed it a lot with the old restraints (my only other rides were in 2007 a couple weeks after opening), but being able to just throw my hands up and go with the ride and not position myself in a way to not hurt my head makes the ride even more amazing.

I had a lot of fun in the park last night and today and I'll be here for a couple more days.