TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Don't know if I'd put stock into that. KI apparently had no plans to convert Flight Deck until they did the tease and it got a great response.

I was under the impression that they already had a plan to change it to "The Bat" so it would fall more in line with Banshee. Before that logo was even teased, a lot of Flight Deck merchandise went on sale for 50%-75% off and the logos from the front of the trains were removed. I thought that was a very good sign. That's when I started thinking the name was going to change at least.

As for Mantis. I really don't know what to think. Maybe it'll stay and be converted or maybe it'll move to another park where it can begin a new life. A B&M has never been scrapped and I don't see this one being the first one to either.

I don't have a problem so much with Mantis getting re-themed as "King James" or whatever LeBron James-theme they want to use. Cedar Fair doesn't really do celebrity tie-ins to their rides, and they've been getting rid of all the movie licensing tie-ins since the end of the Paramount era. At least Cedar Fair parks don't overdo it like Six Flags does. (Still disappointed that the 4D Free Spin at Fiesta Texas is going to be ANOTHER "Batman: The Ride" coaster. It lacks originality.)

I'm very certain that the suggestions of a LeBron James themed ride are a joke. Why do people keep taking it seriously?

Because Cedar Point themselves tweeted that they would, then stood by their tweet after he confirmed he was returning:

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/features/2014/07/11/cedar-point-roller-coaster-lebron-james-king-james/12536395/

Now for how long a ride may be renamed, that remains to be seen...

I'm very certain that the suggestions of a LeBron James themed ride are a joke. Why do people keep taking it seriously?

Because Cedar Point themselves tweeted that they would, then stood by their tweet after he confirmed he was returning:

http://www.wkyc.com/story/news/features/2014/07/11/cedar-point-roller-coaster-lebron-james-king-james/12536395/

Now for how long a ride may be renamed, that remains to be seen...

Yeah, still not buying it.

They should do the King James naming a coaster for a day thing before this season, while the hype is at its highest. Who knows, maybe by May 2014 James got hurt or something during the season and the Cavs are mediocre.

I can confirm that in May 2014, Lebron James was perfectly healthy and playing in Miami. If you need any more info, let me know.

They should do the King James naming a coaster for a day thing before this season, while the hype is at its highest. Who knows, maybe by May 2014 James got hurt or something during the season and the Cavs are mediocre.

I can confirm that in May 2014, Lebron James was perfectly healthy and playing in Miami. If you need any more info, let me know.

I've been wrecked! 2015 I should say. Dude is gonna be 30 this season coming off of 8 plus years of deep playoff runs and carrying teams.

^Notice how the article said "17 roller coasters"

You are right, with Wildcat, now they are down to 16...HMMMMM

It's because they count Pipe Scream as a coaster. Therefore, they say they have 17.

I see, I guess that is one of those maybe coasters for me...seem to be on the same line as those Six Flags Super Loops.

Well that was a half hour of my life that I'll never get back...but anyway, here's to hoping that they tear down Mantis and build something better.

I do not want to see it get floorless trains and renamed as something else and I certainly don't want to see it get relocated to Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair or Dorney Park- they deserve something better than that (although it might be a "very slight" upgrade over Stinger @ Dorney).

As several have stated, stand-up coasters were a nice gimmick in the 80's & 90's, but the ride experience has never been phenomenal on any of them. Riddler is the only one that I can think of that I have really enjoyed, but even then, I only rode it two or three times.

^Notice how the article said "17 roller coasters"

You are right, with Wildcat, now they are down to 16...HMMMMM

It's because they count Pipe Scream as a coaster. Therefore, they say they have 17.

I see, I guess that is one of those maybe coasters for me...seem to be on the same line as those Six Flags Super Loops.

it's definitely more of a coaster than a super loop. I would even consider it more of a coaster than Superman at SFMM. Still they shouldn't be counting it though.