Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 4248 - Steel Vengeance Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: bert425, SbSteveZ, The Geek Mojo and 13 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Re: Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

Postby robbalvey » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Airboss wrote:Looking forward to seeing all the videos and reactions tomorrow! I see that the media event is from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM.. Anyone know why it starts so early in the day? Sunrise is at 6:30, it seems odd to me that the event would start before sunrise.

It is very common for national media to do a spot that early because of time zones. They may have something they need to get out for a 6am news feed and it has to be filmed and edited before then.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby MartinU » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:00 pm

The first thing I thought when I saw Robb is at Cedar Point for the Media Day was "Oh man, I can't wait to "hear" his on-ride reactions." We've seen the video of Tony and the ride looks amazing, but nobody narrates a ride like Robb.

Ok, I'm excited to SEE Robb's reactions as well...

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:36 pm

The timeline of how this ride has influenced me the past "year" is crazy. I started out caring about it, but writing it off as something I'll ride when I get to ride it. Once testing started I got more hype and was planning on coming in like 2019/2020, but now seeing the POV, I literally am trying to figure out a way to get there ASAP this summer just for this beast ALONE. I've never had that happen with any ride before. I've never even been to Cedar Point in general so it's almost like getting to kill 2 birds with one stone if I can figure out a way to make it happen. I'd gladly spend AT LEAST 2 days at the park, ideally 3. Hopefully I can make it work.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Mossed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Really looking forward to my lunch break tomorrow when I can come on this site and (hopefully) read a nice ride breakdown. :b :b
Top 10 coasters - 1.) Intimidator 305 2.) Maverick. 3.) Lightning Rod 4.) Fury325 5.) Phoenix 6.) Twisted Colossus 7.) Taron 8.) Millennium Force 9.) Goliath (SFGA) 10.) Expedition GeForce

I Love Donkeys!

Postby lord denning » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:47 pm

Maybe instead of deleting the entire 10 pages - there can be a summary post.

Bye Felicia deserves to recorded for posterity. :b
Using Tapatalk

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:40 pm

We're executing a search warrant tomorrow morning... I hope it's all wrapped up for the media day footage!

I'm also looking forward to Rob's on ride reactions.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby MiABeta » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:50 pm

MartinU wrote:The first thing I thought when I saw Robb is at Cedar Point for the Media Day was "Oh man, I can't wait to "hear" his on-ride reactions." We've seen the video of Tony and the ride looks amazing, but nobody narrates a ride like Robb.

Ok, I'm excited to SEE Robb's reactions as well...

I can hear it now "Airtime!!I", "And more airtime!!!","Now we're upside down!!!", and don't forget all the "WEEEEES!!!" I LOVE HIS COMMENTARY THOUGH!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Anyway that ad gave me shivers and I cannot wait to ride! Even though opening day looks like it won't be too pretty, it won't be my first rainy and cold day at the park if the weather doesn't cooperate.
Top 5 Steel: Steel Vengance, Maverick, Millenium Force, Kraken, Montu
Top 5 Wood: Shivering Timbers, Blue Streak, Zach's Zoomer, Mean Streak, Wolverine Wildcat
Mean Streak: Never Forget - But Steel Vengeance might've stolen my heart.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:06 am

And here ya go...

Footage Courtesy of Cedar Point
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:21 am.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby coneyislandchris » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:39 am

^ Well if that ain't just the best possible thing to wake up to on a Wednesday morning! :b
That coaster dad [308] and that coaster kiddo [159]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Twisted Timbers. Lightning Rod. Wicked Cyclone. The Wild One. Goliath (SFGAm).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:45 am

Yeah really. Looks great, and it seems it will finish strong too. Very excited for this,and looking forward to the review from today.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext