TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Now that the park is back open and all I want to report a bit on my trip Sunday. First starting with my experience with the test seat. I looked at it and had anxiety because the thing looks extremely tight. The padding for your back on the test seat bulks out about 4-5 inches or more from the head rest when in reality the actual seat is maybe 1-2 inches from the head rest with a curve to it. So I tested the test seat, and didn't get a green light. My back didn't feel right at all in the test seat so I observed people getting off. They were larger than me in the legs and stomach so I was confused. So I gave it a go. The attendant placed me in row 2 and the seatbelt fit perfectly and the restraint was kinda tight but not really if I sat more upright. I got 5 rides in and I can't really say if I have a favorite row because there is NOT a bad row on this coaster. Airtime is great everywhere, although I did get slung around more in 8. People saying the ride is rough, it's a smooth as glass coaster. The roughness you're feeling is pure ejector air, and how constant it is. Don't worry about debating holding your hands up, the drop decides that for you. It literally slung my hands up as I slammed into my lap bar. Don't get me started on how in love I am with the air on the wave turn and 90 degree top hat. The wave turn has you out of your seat, on your side, while going back down...it all comes so fast during then you're literally like what the hell. You know then to brace yourself for the top hat because it packs a punch. Don't let the twist n shout fool you because my hoodie came up over my head here and I was sitting on it. How it happened I don't know. The quad down is insane and my eyes went a bit crazy at the bottom haha I think that's where people experience the "rough" and "pain" from. If you're a man, you may be a bit sore after the quad down haha slamming down 4 times is equal to sitting on yourself repeatedly in a wooden chair. The non inverting half loop is a forceful element. Full speed and this element made me a tad bit dizzy but once I hit the breaks I was pumping with adrenaline. It's an absolutely amazing coaster!!!! 10/10 and more!

IMG_6373.thumb.JPG.38f1d1c8b51491d93787f7dcc609062b.JPG

IMG_6412.thumb.PNG.d76a6e31f57f4f33f9083487b96ce3d0.PNG

Hillbilly Golf (the one tourist attraction that was really still in question) is also in pretty good shape. Here's their statement.

To all of our loyal friends of Hillbilly Golf, I want to thank each and every one of you for your concerns, prayers and posts of your memories about your visits to Hillbilly Golf . I want to let you know that Hillbilly Golf was not damaged by the fire. We did receive some damage, however it is nothing compared to so many in our community. This disaster crippled Gatlinburg for a little while but with the strong dedication from our fire fighters, law enforcement, community members both in our county and from neighboring counties and states, Gatlinburg will survive.and as all other strong communities facing peril, we will come back stronger. Hope to see all of you in the Spring

Mysterious Mansion posted a video of the owner (or another employee) taking video yesterday of the property. They had installed a makeshift sprinkler system that probably saved the building. Visible fire damage to the woods can be seen just a few feet from the building.

https://www.facebook.com/Mysterious.Mansion

So I got to see the parade this weekend, and while it was much better than previous years I wasn't really impressed.. Saying it cost 2.5 million, I just assumed it would have been much larger, with larger floats and more vibrant floats.. everything just seemed so small! I can't imagine how that cost 2.5 million dollars..

Anyways, it was neat to watch once but nothing compared to large parades at other parks.. I know Dollywood has limited space and that might be why the floats are small..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Old smoky moonshine has the best parking! It's the cheapest, you can always get in and out easily, and there is a bathroom!!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Haha, I was more referring to Dollywood's parking lot.

^I'm glad/impressed they were able to identify who caused the fires. I'm not sure what kind of punishment comes into play for juveniles but at the end of the day, these two kids were responsible for 14 human deaths, thousands of burned acres of forest, thousands of burned buildings, and likely dozens (if not more) of terrible deaths of both people's pets and wild animals.