TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

The Dollywood Company has released its wildfire relief efforts:

PIGEON FORGE (WATE) – Dolly Parton’s The Dollywood Foundation announced Wednesday it would be giving $1,000 per month for six months to families who lost everything in the wildfires.

Parton issued a statement on the foundation’s website saying she was starting the “My People Fund” to help provide a hand up to families affected by the fires.

As you may know by now, there have been terrible wildfires in the Great Smoky Mountains, the same mountains where I grew up and where my people call home.

I have always believed that charity begins at home. That’s why I’ve asked my Dollywood Companies – Including the Dollywood Theme Park, and DreamMore Resort; My dinner theater attractions including Dixie Stampede and Lumberjack Adventure; and my Dollywood Foundation to help me establish the “My People Fund.”

We want to provide a hand up to those families who have lost everything in the fires. To aid in their recovery effort, the Dollywood Foundation will provide $1,000 a month to all of those families who lost their homes in the fires for six months so that they can get back on their feet.

The site also provided a donation link and said more information will be forthcoming on Friday.

At 300 homes, this would be worth $1.8 Million. What a wonderful gesture! The loving and giving of Dollywood and all of its people has never ceased to amaze me.

They are also accepting relief donations on their website, where you can also see the video message from Dolly.

Source: wate.com/2016/11/30/dollywood-foundation-to-give-1000-per-month-to-gatlinburg-wildfire-families/

Donation Link: The Dollywood Foundation

The Dollywood Company has released its wildfire relief efforts:

PIGEON FORGE (WATE) – Dolly Parton’s The Dollywood Foundation announced Wednesday it would be giving $1,000 per month for six months to families who lost everything in the wildfires.

Parton issued a statement on the foundation’s website saying she was starting the “My People Fund” to help provide a hand up to families affected by the fires.

As you may know by now, there have been terrible wildfires in the Great Smoky Mountains, the same mountains where I grew up and where my people call home.

I have always believed that charity begins at home. That’s why I’ve asked my Dollywood Companies – Including the Dollywood Theme Park, and DreamMore Resort; My dinner theater attractions including Dixie Stampede and Lumberjack Adventure; and my Dollywood Foundation to help me establish the “My People Fund.”

We want to provide a hand up to those families who have lost everything in the fires. To aid in their recovery effort, the Dollywood Foundation will provide $1,000 a month to all of those families who lost their homes in the fires for six months so that they can get back on their feet.

The site also provided a donation link and said more information will be forthcoming on Friday.

At 300 homes, this would be worth $1.8 Million. What a wonderful gesture! The loving and giving of Dollywood and all of its people has never ceased to amaze me.

They are also accepting relief donations on their website, where you can also see the video message from Dolly.

Source: wate.com/2016/11/30/dollywood-foundation-to-give-1000-per-month-to-gatlinburg-wildfire-families/

Donation Link: The Dollywood Foundation

I will always love you Dolly!

Donations already made. Looking forward to getting up to the park on Saturday.

I am thinking about buying some season passes for the family (9 people), but I have some questions. Does the park offer any kind of dining plans? As far as drinks, do they have a sports bottle with unlimited refills for the day/season. How much trouble is it to go back out and eat. Any other tips for a large crowd would be helpful. We have passes to Carowinds and Six Flags with dining plans and drink bottles and it has really worked out well. It's not a make or break thing, just trying to figure out the best options.

They do not have dining plans.. they do have a sports bottles but the refills are only discounted and not free.. they are 99cents.. I belive if you buy so many cups, like 5 maybe, you can get free refills for a day but after that refills are 99cents.. the bottle is insulated though and much nicer than six flags.. a lot of people actually collect the Dollywood cups.

It's a lot of trouble to leave the park and eat.. BUT only because they parking lot is much further spread out than six flags.. I do know people who pack lunches and eat in their car but as for fast food you would have to drive all the way back to town.. just keep in mind, depending on what lot your in, it might take 15 mins or so to get back to your car and back.. it all depends on how many trams they are running and if your in lot D,E, or F you will need a tram.

Also, it's about a 5 - 10 min drive back to town after you leave the parking lot for food.. unless you have a gold pass, you will have to pay for parking again as well. (As pointed out this might not be true.. I have just read of people being charged again so until someone confirms don't hold this as truth)

Dollywood has much better food than the other parks you mentioned.. food that is not only cheaper but food that is much better quality.. if you have a mug, a decent meal at Dollywood is under $10.. About $7 if you have a gold pass.. I go to Dollywood just to eat all the time..

Another thing to keep in mind is that most of Dollywoods Coasters are two seaters.. I know the larger theme parks like Six Flags and Carowinds have a few 4 seaters.. Dollywoods only 4 Seater is wild eagle BUT don't try and get on opposite sides.. it doesn't work, try to keep your entire party on one side!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by dstephe9

unless you have a gold pass, you will have to pay for parking again as well.

Are you sure about that? The parking receipt is dated and as long as you have that you should be able to get back in.

Not that I've ever left and come back.

Dollywoods only 4 Seater is wild eagle BUT don't try and get on opposite sides.. it doesn't work, try to keep your entire party on one side!

Agree about trying to coordinate across the track. Seen many groups doing it and it's always a mess.

But, WE isn't the only 4 seater. Mystery Mine is too. Or 8 is you want to look at that way.

And I think Blazing Furry is too.

Thanks for the info. How much are the refillable bottles?

As a single purchase there are quantity discounts

$15 for one, $7 for each additional purchased at the same time ($22 for two, $29 for three, etc.)

They are refillable at Splash too, but not at all the spots.

Splash has it's own cups with free refills that use RFID tags at serve yourself stations.

I think the prices for Splash Country mugs are $13 for a one day mug (free refills that day) or $27 for the season.

The SC mugs don't get discounted refills at DW.

Mug Info

https://store.dollywood.com/tickets/add-on.aspx?Category=dollywood-park-products

And no, Blazing Furry is only 2 per row or 6 per car (only 3 rows to a car correct? Minds drawing a blank and it shouldn't be as I ride this ride more than anything at the park.. GF loves it)

Also I have seen people get the "previous year mug" price with splash country mugs at Dollywood.. not as big of a savings but still a savings.. I don't have a splash country mug, I just use my Dollywood mug there so I haven't tried it myself.. Might also depend on the associate working the booth as well, they might just mistake those mugs as old Dollywood ones. I didn't get 99cent refills at splash country with my Dollywood mug but they were still discounted though (I believe previous year mug price).. I might be using it at the wrong places though lol.

And as for leaving for parking, I have just read that you have to pay parking again when you come back.. not sure though as I have a gold pass.. I have read on tip sites that having to repay for parking makes it not worth leaving. I do know that my gold pass wasn't good for Splash Country parking! (When they ask what park your going to) So now when I come in I just say I'm going to Dollywood which is true, I usually do both when I go to Splash Country.. I only do splash country when they give Dollywood Season Tickets holders that huge discount towards the end of the season

Edited by dstephe9

On a side note, looking at the Dollywood mug page it doesn't mention anything about free refills all day if you buy so many.. so that might not be a promo they run all the time..

Just something to keep in mind.. I will tell you that the mugs you buy now are good for next year.. they usually release the new mugs in October.

We only make splash once and just get the 1 day mug. So just trying to recall a single question 2+ years ago.

Like you, never paid separate for parking either but I thought I had read differently on same day reentry.

Never had issues with s DW gold pass when going Splash but generally have the Super pass in recent years.

It was two years ago when they made me pay for parking at Splash Country with my gold pass.. they asked what park when I came in and when they saw the pass I was told it was good for Dollywood Only.. Now I just say Dollywood when I come in and have never had an issue ha-ha. Like I said, I normally go to both parks on the same say anyways so I don't feel bad about it or anything

But you are correct, Dollywood mugs do at least get a discounted refill at Splash Country it just seems like it was more than 99cents..

Like you, I only go once a year or so unlike Dollywood which I'm at weekly it seems

Looks like browsing Trip Advisor, people do mention showing their receipt at the gate for free reentry parking.. Dollywoods site mentions nothing of it. So it would be a good question to ask when you arrive if you do plan on leaving and returning

The post I found is from 2011 but looks like it worked for someone

Looks like browsing Trip Advisor, people do mention showing their receipt at the gate for free reentry parking.. Dollywoods site mentions nothing of it.

Of course many just trash the receipt, so if they tried to reenter they'd have to pay again.

I thought I read a few cases where people left to go get things not available at the park (baby stuff, medicine, etc) and had no problems getting back in.

Regarding parking for splash, my guess is the person was confused. It happens.

I had one try to charge too much for preferred parking once (with the gold pass you only pay the difference between normal and preferred). Took a minute, but got them corrected . Luckily it was early on a slower day, so not a big backup.

Yes if you have a receipt they will let you in. And if you get in for free and need someone to pick you up, ask for the receipt to give to the person your picking up. I haven't done this in awhile but i believe if you are getting dropped off they will let you that too. And with the souvenir cups (dunno about mugs... do they even have them this year? never have payed attention to anything but cups... or im stupid and its the same thing lol...) you get first fill free and if you go to the place with the icees, you can put an icee in instead of drink (If you just bought the cup and its your first fill). There's a place in wilderness pass and county fair for this that's self serve with the icees.

Cup/mug same. The SC mugs are still the older style w/o a straw.

Exactly, most parks call them cups but like I posted, Dollywoods are insulated and nicer so most call them mugs at Dollywood.. but same thing..

Splash Countries are more like the Disney Resort mugs with the chip, only a little larger.. but like posted, they don't have a straw.. but you can refill them on your own like Disney Resort mugs.

And with the souvenir cups ... if you go to the place with the icees, you can put an icee in instead of drink (If you just bought the cup and its your first fill). There's a place in wilderness pass and county fair for this that's self serve with the icees.

Well, self-fill, but you still have to get in line to pay the cashier.

The refill stations at Splash uses the RFID tag in the mug. They won't dispense anything w/o a valid tag (in the base of the mug) on the sensor. Old, expired mugs, or those w/o the tag (like DW mugs) mean waiting in like to pay and get them filled, and there are fewer options for that at Splash. (The lines tend to be long too).

What bugs me most is the change in availability of iced tea. At one point most places had it, now it's very few (the sit down restaurants and the Kettle Corn shop are all that come to mind). And try finding it at Splash (which did have it a few years ago). I'm just not a big soft drink person.