TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What's your closest coaster?

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could get to Quassy or Rye Playland in about an hour but Playland is a dive and we rarely go to Quassy though we should really correct that because Wooden Warrior is wonderful. We're about an hour and a half from Lake Compounce but we don't go there a ton.

As far as parks we visit frequently, we're 2 Hours from Six Flags New England, 2 Hours and 15 minutes from Six Flags Great Adventure and 2 Hours and 15 minutes from Dorney. I really consider Great Adventure to be my home park.

I'm spoiled, I live less than an hour away from Hershey, 10 minutes away from Dorney, 1.5 hours away from Knoebels, and about an hour and fifteen minutes away from Great Adventure. The furthest I've driven for a coaster was 10 hours to Carowinds for Fury 325 last season. Generally, 5 hours is about my limit for a drive (Considering KD, KI, and CP are all in within 5 hours of me)

25 minutes on a good day from Queens (in the vicinity of JFK Airport) to Coney Island. It's a straight shot down the Belt Parkway, but unfortunately that's one of the worst highways to drive on because it's literally ALWAYS under construction. So that 25 minutes can balloon into an hour or more sometimes.

Ahhhh- The Belt Parkway! An epic adventure when I head that direction for some of my work accounts! Good times, all the time!!!!

I live 20 mins from Wonderland...which is OK...although Toronto traffic is notoriously bad. The drive is better at weekends!

We drove to Hershey park last year from Pittsburgh..which was a 3 hour drive...that is about my limit of driving. I also remember driving to Alton Towers from Hull when I was at university...that seemed to take an age at the time...probably wouldn't feel so bad now!

I guess the closest "real" roller coaster to me is Rampage at Alabama Splash Adventure. It's about an 1 1/2 hours away from me. But my season passes are for SFOG, Dollywood and Carowinds. Alabama Splash Adventure is like maybe once a year type park at most if that.

Coney Island: 15-30 minutes

Great Adventure: 45-60 minutes

Dorney Park: 1 hour and 20 minutes

Hershey: 2-3 hours

Six Flags New England: 3 hours

I don't really have a limit. I like road trips but don't get too many opportunities to take them.

I am north of Atlanta so for me, SFOG is about 40 minutes away, Lake Winnie about an hour and a half, Dollywood and Carowinds about 3.5 hours, North GA State Fair has a permanent Schwarzkopf 30 minutes away from me, a fun park south of the city has a mid-sized coaster about 1 hour from me, Alabama Splash Adventure is 2.5 hours, and Wild Adventures is 5 hours.

Not too bad for being in the southeast, which is a bit dry in terms of coaster supply.

I have no limit. I love taking coaster trips and as long as time allows for it, I have no problem driving 20 hours to enter a new region of parks, and then driving a few hours between each park. I just love road trips and actually have a blast in the car!

Edaville USA is a 20 minute drive in Carver,MA from Wareham, MA where I live. Wareham is also home to Water Wizz which has great slides, literally right up the street from my house. Edsville had the Troublesome Trucks coaster and later this year a fairground style water coaster with two drops.

image.jpeg.5328c81477c3e00188803d9b13fc3524.jpeg

Great for my four year old niece.

My closest park is Kongeparken, which is 227 km (141 miles) away. As I would have to take two ferries along the way to get there, were probably talking about 4 1/2 hours to get there by car. Since they can only offer a Vekoma family coaster and a Reverchon spinner, I have not bothered making the trip and I have no intention of doing so either with the current offering.

Tusenfryd, which is the only amusement park in Norway with "adult coasters", is 471 km (292 miles) away. About 7 hours to drive as Norwegian mountain roads are not made for high speeds.

Oh, how I wish Vikinglandet becomes a reality! It would be fantastic to have a park only 109 km (68 miles) away. Travel time would probably be around 2 - 2 1/2 hours due to having to take one ferry along the way. But for me that would be close!