TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR's Taiwan Trip - Mini Updates!

Gravity Max is an awesome ride. Really smooth. I preferred the very back row to ride in. The tilt is scary but as soon as the freefall starts you get this amazing drop tower feeling but it's not half nervewracking putting your entire faith in a hook and a small block of steel!

It was very nice to finally be able to get to ride this thing though.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gravity Max is a coaster I have always been very fond of. I am so happy TPR has been able to ride it and get the ride more press. I really would love to see more these made especially as technology has advanced. This ride seemed like the perfect rival against the Dive Machines. So many great themes I could dream up that could be associated with this ride system. Also happy to hear that is a smooth Vekoma? Are those trains original to the ride when it opened or are those a post-generation type?

I am so proud of you Elissa for going on that monster. I remember the one conversation we had about It years back, and you could only say, "There is no f^€king way you are getting me on that coaster. I'll let Robb plummet to his death if he wants to. But he's gonna purchase a huge term life insurance policy before he rides it. That thing is insane!" Your face when it started tilting was of complete genuine terror. I was getting scared for you. But it was awesome!

And Robb. Absolutely the best coaster footage you have ever taken. You captured every possible angle a coaster nerd could imagine and then some. That was Michael Bay coverage. Only your shots were pre-conceived and deliberate as opposed to over shooting a scene because you don't have any clue, or the talent to compose a shot. I can't believe I just used a Michael Bay reference without following it up with the word crap, or throwing up in disghust. but I digress. In my opinion, this is your everest. Even watching it on a tiny 8 inch screen, it was terrifying. I can't wait to get home from this trip so I cam watch this on my 70. Awesome! Just awesome!

I'm loving this TR of Taiwan. Beautiful scenery around the parks, and Gravity Max looks OMFG amazing. I especially loved all the angles shown of Gravity Max, as it almost felt like I was on the ride too. If I am ever in Taiwan I will have to hunt down this park for Gravity Max. Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village also looks like a really nice park to visit.

I definitely see why Vekoma only sold 1 of those tilt coasters. Great concept but seems like it's a maintenance nightmare. Did anyone yell "90 degrees!!" when it tilted?

Great report.

I hope TPR will offer a Taiwan Trip someday! I really want to ride that monster! Elissa's face looks really terrifying! I'm happy to see other coaster enthusiasts who still ARE terrified by coasters! I think everyone would be scared to ride that Gravity Max! It looks TERRIFYING! Have fun guys! Can't wait for more updates!

For those of you who mentioned a possible TPR Trip here to Taiwan, that's basically why we're here now. Scoping it out for how to do a proper tour. I'm happy to report that we'll absolutely be back on an official trip as everything's been great so far!

Loving these updates! I'm definitely having TPR trip withdrawals.

I really enjoyed the multiple camera angles of the same cycle on the drop tower.

I also loved the mega video of Gravity Max. The look on both Elissa and Anth's face is priceless! There's not much that scares me nowadays (besides drop towers) but damn, I would be SO nervous to ride the tilt coaster.

Looking forward to seeing more of the trip!