TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

SFI is not in the financial position to afford expensive rides from B&M at the present time.

That's a bit contradictary (sp?) to what Shapiro wants for Six Flags Dubai. I dont understand why he would want rides on the scale of Nitro, X2, Kingda Ka, and El Toro when Six Flags is not in the best position to build them. If he meant on a thrill scale of those rides I can understand, but he didnt, Dubai must have given him a massive contract-speaking of which how much was the contract anyway?

Anyway, getting back on the subject of this thread, anyone know of smaller US theme parks looking for a new ride? Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks seemed to have been ruled out, and the only other theme parks I can think of right now looking for a new ride is SeaWorld San Diego and maybe Universal Studios Hollywood.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that the SF name is being licensed and SF will help manage the park, however funding for the park is coming from an entity in Dubai.

FYI - Cedar Fair really isn't in great fiscal shape as their share price is half of last year's price. Also, for the first time in 23 years they did not increase their annual dividend to shareholders.

My understanding is that the SF name is being licensed and SF will help manage the park, however funding for the park is coming from an entity in Dubai.

FYI - Cedar Fair really isn't in great fiscal shape as their share price is half of last year's price. Also, for the first time in 23 years they did not increase their annual dividend to shareholders.

Ah Thanks. Now I must ponder why Shapiro wants to build a theme park and not a massive Hurricane Harbor, one that'll be open year-round in Dubai-that'll allow Six Flags to go all out and show that they can build better water parks too...

Not that I dont think he's making bad decisions, since he's in charge we can all look forward to a better SF future

Anyway, getting back on the subject of this thread, anyone know of smaller US theme parks looking for a new ride? Six Flags and Cedar Fair parks seemed to have been ruled out,

umm... I Don't think so. Valleyfair still has a strong rumor for an invert. and no one hasn't confirmed what kind of coaster it is, so carowinds is still not out of the picture.

By the way, what are the donkey's all about?

I just had a revelation of a thought! Maybe this is B&M's aquatrax...\

I mean they have already perfected the splash downs so this could be the full fledge aquatrax! and I think its going to either cedar fair or magic mountian!

WOW....now that took some reading, but have thought of a couple of points.

As much as I want believe this to be the long awaited B&M coaster for Australia, I am not convinced.

Gold Coast theme parks have a history of compact designs, which I have now read more time than I can recall in this thread, the parts lend themselves to. But all of the stickers I have seen on the coaster parts here in Oz have the weight in both pounds and kilos....not so in this case.

Rob mentioned about the "X-Works" and no one figuring it out.

It is a possibility that it refers to the customer organising transport, which due to the wiki link is something preferred by companies due to GST etc, which we have here in Oz.....damn it!

It is also a possibility that it refers to the track being a new type or an Experimental track or design in some way.

X is also the Roman numeral for 10....not sure how that works in but everything else has been said....

Could this be a coaster based on the "X-Men" movies....Wolverine's suit in the original comic did contain some nice traces of bright yellow.

As I said before, I would love this to be for Australia, and could easily fit into either of the two big parks on the Gold Coast, and here is how.

Dreamworld was the home to Big Brother Australia up until last year, and now has a large area of parkland at the rear of the park not being used, and that leads onto the area where the parks water area used to be. This allows for a whole lot of land that would be able to fit not only a new coaster, but other attractions as well.

Movie World in the last couple of years has leaned towards the comic based rides. With Superman coaster and the Batwing space shot being the last major thrill rides (not counting the new stunt show) this could fit into the parks main design. There has also been a rumor floating around about a change in the parks walkways to open up some land behind the Scooby Doo coaster down to the front of the park for years, and a Wolverine coaster would suit it down to the ground.

But after saying all of that.....I don't see it coming to Oz anytime soon.....but I will be still be checking the council meetings online to see if anything is lodged.

Could this be a coaster based on the "X-Men" movies....Wolverine's suit in the original comic did contain some nice traces of bright yellow.

I saw Slumdog Millionaire last night, and there was a preview for a new Xmen movie based on the origin of Wolverine. Hmm...I doubt theyd make a coaster of it though for some reason, and If I had to guess Id say this one's going to Carowinds.

Ah Thanks. Now I must ponder why Shapiro wants to build a theme park and not a massive Hurricane Harbor, one that'll be open year-round in Dubai-that'll allow Six Flags to go all out and show that they can build better water parks too...

Not that I dont think he's making bad decisions, since he's in charge we can all look forward to a better SF future

I think that's what alot of us are looking forward to- seeing what a new Six Flags park where money is not an object will look like.

I applaud Shapiro's job performance- I have a feeling the chain would have sank already had it not been for his leadership in these troubled times.

the 4 digit # is 5762

I tried some zipcodes and I found this

Carowinds 28273-6756

.....................2 3 675

...............................5763 but if you take the 2 and remove the 3

I know its a little out there. (I want it to go to Valleyfair though.)

I just don't think they would do that because it would be too easy, so this can't be right.

dots are so that I can put the numbers in the center.

After having a read of some of the other threads and a bit of a re-think, I have a new idea on the entire X-Works question.

X = 10.....as in 2010.

Works = projects required for that year, therefor

X-Works is the code for a "works" project that will be taking place in 2010.

Just another idea added to the heap.

When anagramming all the combinations I could see on the label, the only thing I got was Crest from the part number label. This can only mean one thing...

The coaster will have a hill it crests.

No, no, you're not making it complicated enough. Here, watch:

Crest toothpaste is made by Procter & Gamble, which is based in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ergo, this track is obviously for King's Island's 2010 follow up to Diamondback, "Yellowtooth!"

^Yeah, but you have to realize, we all are hoping for it to go to our home park...... or Carrowins (In the words of GLaDOS; that was a joke, haha, FAT CHANCE) Oh we are such miserable fan-boys & girls.

I think that this is nothing more than a speculation topic now. I mean honestly, why would B&M make a bunch `o track without any type of "real" label? I think this was something made by B&M to make us quit breathing down their necks about everything they make, because now they realize us Surfs now understand what mobile cars are and how to use them, along with picture takers (oh noes, how dare we use cameras):roll:

That's what I think it is, just something B&M made to distract us with pretty track, because we all have ADD, "..... OOOOOOH look something SHINY!!!!"