TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

• Replies 20.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Enjoy a cold one Pour one out for your homies Bam! You just bought two.

At the risk of veering off topic, people are just incredibly selective in what causes of death they choose to care about. People only care if it's high-profile, tragic accident, something new and scar

I think you're missing Just a few syllables here To write a haiku

Posted Images

The blue track really pops with the unpainted steel structure. They really nailed the simplicity of this.

Also nice they tried basing it off Flight of Fear’s exterior. Gray bottom with a blue stripe. The supports=the gray bottom and the track=the blue stripe.

I think Asteroids will be falling out of the sky during the ride. The theming is being pelted in the face with rocks while you go 90 mph

Just ride it in the rain.

Cedar Fair does a "serviceable" amount of theming on their coasters, just enough to say that a ride has an actual theme beyond giving a fancy name. No one expects them to go all out on theming. Frankly, they could've just slapped a new ride on a chunk of parking lot and called it a day...

The blue and gray sure does look sleek against the sky. Not too bold.

I thought Kings Island/Cedar Fair did a tremendous job with theming on Mystic Timbers, so hopefully we’ll see some great stuff with Orion. There already is a storyline, but hopefully there’s some more substantial things in the queue line.

While the plaza doesn't look very interesting I am really interested in seeing what is going to be inside the pre show building. A lot of the theming will probably be in there. I would imagine some type of screen based thing done by the company who did Mystic and Copperhead.

I mean, if that awesome looking dog is gonna be hanging out near the queue who cares what the entrance looks like.

Awesome dogs>awesome themeing.

• Like 1
I would imagine some type of screen based thing done by the company who did Mystic and Copperhead.

Both Copperhead and Mystic Timbers were pretty forward about the heavy (for CP) themeing involved. I wouldn't expect much.

The best thing to hope for on the entrance and queue are comments like, "It looks surprisingly better than I thought, despite all of the Concrete." or, "There are a few nice touches." Cross your fingers for other nerdy positive comments that we make when we do trip reports. Personally, I really don't care much. "It looks fine" is good enough for me. There's never any themeing in the fastlane lines, anyway...

Hopefully KI can polish all of the rust off for the opening in 2021, unless there's a bad stomach flu going around. I'm still holding out for that POV. Maybe Christmas time.

Oh man, I hope we are getting close. KK announced an opening date of June 29. Really hoping CF and SF are able to start announcing some dates next week.

^^ It's raining at the park right now. I haven't seen any testing, but I hope you're right. They've got to start cycling to get each ride certified with the state before we can ride.

Here’s a new drone video, very good look at the overall Area 72 section.

My number one thought: what’s with all the plywood fencing in Area 72? It would have looked better and more consistent with the theming if it was all metal fencing. You can see that they put up new metal fencing where Firehawk’s brake run turn was. Why not extend that to the whole area?

I'm totally gonna be that guy, and question whether they had permission or not to fly that drone over private park property (I'm leaning on "doubt" because of hovering the drone on the lift hill at 00:00 of the video). As much as we all want to grasp anything involving the coaster or any amusement park in general during widespread closures, I'm pretty sure there's some legality issues with flying drones into private park property, regardless if its open or closed or if the airspace is technically open for it.

^^^ As usual, great drone footage. I love your "flying under" the lift hill. This isn't the first post of your drone footage, so I'm sure you're good. K.I. would've shut you down by now. Thanks again, and I wish I was riding in person...

^^^ As usual, great drone footage. I love your "flying under" the lift hill. This isn't the first post of your drone footage, so I'm sure you're good. K.I. would've shut you down by now. Thanks again, and I wish I was riding in person...

It’s not me, I’m just sharing the news and videos on this project that get uploaded. My home park is Kings Island and I’ve been keeping close tabs on the stuff people have shared online about Orion. If it was me doing the videos, all the videos would be on the same channel. It seems to be three or four different people doing the drone videos.

Understandable. I didn't mean to point it out at you specifically, and don't mean to sound rude.

I only point it out since it only takes one idiot to cause heightened security and enact new rules for professional drone flyers to jump thru. It's happened in my whole city years ago already (someone crashes drone into stadium during football game, crashes drone on tallest building in city, basically can't fly anywhere until you get actual permission).

Also, it's already not allowed:754458827_ScreenShot2020-05-30at5_11_21PM.thumb.png.c1c54986f23f3a035e1fd2f237b8d7d9.pngYeah, I'm being a stringent party pooper. But it is something folks should know about in case someone else get any ideas as if it IS allowed.

Yeah, I'm being a stringent party pooper. But it is something folks should know about in case someone else get any ideas as if it IS allowed.

Not being a party pooper at all. I'm sure there are rules in place at the parks to shut everything down if there is a drone in the area. Think of all the people who would have a field day if Orion's construction was delayed because someone wanted a better view of it.