TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

KI (and presumably CF parks) are now non-smoking inside. Smoking area is outside the front gate.

Edit: Just saw it myself on KI's FAQs on their website. That is in fact a bummer. At least CP's page still references multiple smoking areas throughout the park.

KI (and presumably CF parks) are now non-smoking inside. Smoking area is outside the front gate.

UGH, that's bad news for me. Non-smokers don't know how annoying that is. I bet that's going to mean more people smoking as they walk around the park, which is also annoying. I hope it'll only be temporary, because there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

There's a good look at the first portion of Orion's queue in the background of the photo here, seems to be some theming which is cool to see. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2020/june/introducing-kyle-kruthoffer

Does anyone else get Stranger Things vibes from that song?

there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

Do you really see haunts happening with social distancing?

there's nothing like that calm-down smoke after a good scare in one of the houses during Haunt, and there's no reentry during Haunt soo....

Do you really see haunts happening with social distancing?

Well at the moment both KI and CP are still showing them on the events page........so, I don't think it's off the table. I mean it would be fairly easy to incorporate masks on the scareactors.

Logically, would it make more sense to attend Kings Island on the 4th (open till 10pm) as opposed to the 3rd or 5th (open till 7)? I’m wondering if the park capacity limit will be the same all 3 days, and if so, would it make any difference? (I’m assuming reservations will sell out for each day that weekend...but I could be wrong?)

Reservations are now available - looks like they have six slots (10:30, 11, 11:30, 12, 12:30) with 1,750 per slot.

With that in mind, capacity would be capped at 10,500 per day.

Thanks. Just reserved a 10:30 spot. I chickened out on SFOG this weekend because I wanted to hear a first hand account of how a weekend day went. Looking forward to coastering again.

Well, the limited hours and one-day-per-pass thing are a bummer, but hopefully they realize that they don't have that many willing season pass holders each day and will open up more. I'm booked for July 11th.

My bigger concern is that Cedar Point follows suit with that "one-day-per-pass during preview," especially if they're not offering FL.

10,500 still seems like a lot.

It does. Hence my 10:30 reservation. We are usually in and out in a few hours anyway. I just hope most coasters are running. I couldn't care less about flat rides.

My bigger concern is that Cedar Point follows suit with that "one-day-per-pass during preview," especially if they're not offering FL.

I think it's almost guaranteed. You only get 1 reservation for the first X days unless you stay in their hotel.

Hmmm, this could all be super annoying if you are planning multi park road trip. Plan it out but then potentially cannot get a reservation in one park on the day you need to be there and then have to start all over. I wonder how fast they will fill up the first few weeks.