TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 2017: Top Thrill Dragster RETIRED!?!?!?

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but TTD ran great today in 70 degree weather! Is high heat the reason for the seemingly normal constant string of malfunctions on summer days?

Some days it can be, but it's mostly just a toss up. Heat will cause a lot of coasters to break down because they are timed and the trains travel too fast, but for Dragster there are a lot more problems than just over speed errors. It's luck of the draw really. It could be that the time you spent away from the ride, it was broken down. You never know.

I'm sure I'm not the first to notice this, but TTD ran great today in 70 degree weather! Is high heat the reason for the seemingly normal constant string of malfunctions on summer days?

Some days it can be, but it's mostly just a toss up. Heat will cause a lot of coasters to break down because they are timed and the trains travel too fast, but for Dragster there are a lot more problems than just over speed errors. It's luck of the draw really. It could be that the time you spent away from the ride, it was broken down. You never know.

TTD was running really great last week too. One day was cooler and the other was 85 plus humiduty. I had the best couple laps I've had on it to date, with some great airtime over the hat in the last car which I've never gotten like that before.

Geat pictures, I love seeing aerial pictures of any park especially Cedar Point (probably one of the most photogenic parks in the world).

Ugh,those pictures of Mean Streak really make me wish that ride wasn't so average. It's one of the best looking wooden coasters in the world, and just towers over that section of the park. I know they've done a lot of work in the off season and it's running better now than before but honestly it never was any better just okay. I'm still in favor of some sort of Rocky Mountain style re-hab even though it may not happen.

You don't often see ariel shots of parks and Cedar point has a great location for them!

Thanks for sharing, do you fancy coming and covering some European parks too?

I would love to do that lol, unfortunately I don't have the money to do that.

By the way I'm in the process of getting all the pictures touched up. Would everyone like me to host them somewhere at full quality and then post the link?