TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Notice the name of the radio station.......

It's a red herring. It's definitely a B&M.

Don't believe what you see! WRMC, that LOW RATING FAKE NEWS station, says only LIES to discredit good, hardworking coasters. Sad! #MAB&MA

I really want a like button for this post.

So I'll just put this here.

This was interesting in Frontier Town...

(Of course I'm in Canada so I can't enter. Hmmmph.)

IMG_3744.JPG.226922cc37688736e9236cb3bd0f0f10.JPG

Birds of a feather... June 2/17.

IMG_3747.JPG.3535596b37f151953774a1a2414fb2ea.JPG

This was interesting in Frontier Town, too. (o; Don't mind the scary looking person with his cider.

^^Honestly, I think the whole 1870 is just to commemorate their opening year. Sorry, I don't think it's a date or statistics reference.

WRMC, though. That's just Tony being an uber tease to all the enthusiasts desperately following CP and watching RMC Mean Streak rise up.

^^Honestly, I think the whole 1870 is just to commemorate their opening year. Sorry, I don't think it's a date or statistics reference.

I know, I was being sarcastic saying that, but I figured someone would say it's a reference to something other than their opening year eventually

Angle of decent? That's the first thing I thought of.

Eh... I think we are still looking at a 90 degree drop.

Maybe the "87" is a hint to the speed?? As in 87 mph max speed??

For some reason, a lot of coasters with long trains don't go 90 degrees. I don't think you can get 87MPH without going near 300ft.

I'm beginning to think that the name of RMC Mean Streak will be "The Wanted." It's a term that could refer to an individual or a group, which satisfies the "They're" aspect of the marketing. The different trains could be "themed" to the characters on the posters around the site similar to how Maverick named its trains/InvadR.

I'm beginning to think that the name of RMC Mean Streak will be "The Wanted." It's a term that could refer to an individual or a group, which satisfies the "They're" aspect of the marketing. The different trains could be "themed" to the characters on the posters around the site similar to how Maverick named its trains/InvadR.

I feel like you have a good point.

"The Wanted" would most definitely continue the CP trend of totally dumb coaster names after Rougarou and Valravn.

What's the latest on the lift? We had some progress, but no photos on here in quite a few days. Have they stopped working on it again?

"The Wanted" would most definitely continue the CP trend of totally dumb coaster names after Rougarou and Valravn.

I will go with Dungavenhooter.

According to the Wikipedia is is crocodile creature with no mouth, instead having huge nostrils. Uses its tail to pound loggers into a gas, which it then inhales for sustenance.

It is one of the Fearsome Critters (plural hence the they) of lumberjack folk lore.

Rougarou, Valravn, and Dungavenhooter...

I'm totally kidding but I was googling rougarou/ valravn/ groups of mythical creatures urban legend. It's fun to say. Dungavenhooter.