TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

That reverse-banked overhead turn looks amazing and utterly ridiculous. It might be the best element on what's looking to be a world-class ride... in a park that already has Maverick and Millennium Force. Consider us hyped.

I'm curious to see what becomes of Maverick's normally long line with NMS debuting next year. It could go one of two ways: Mav will have no line because everyone is flocking over to NMS... or, NMS has such a long line that people don't want to wait and so they go to Maverick next door which means Mav's line won't really change. Either way, Millennium Force will continue to crank out trains of happy riders. We're getting a freaking kick A$$ RMC next to an amazing Blitz so it's all good!

When Gatekeeper opened I felt like that drew a lot of people into a pretty dead section of the park and everything over there started seeing increased wait times because of it. I feel like the exact same thing is going to happen here.

Yeah, Mean streak should only add traffic to the back of the park; the GP tends to understand what the New Hotness is in a debut year. Maverick will also remain hugely popular on its own, not to mention that it can break down several times a day in short intervals, like a pop-up Florida thunderstorm. I've never seen Maverick with a shorter wait than Millennium Force, & MF is supremely popular.

It wouldn't surprise me if Valravn joins Gatekeeper, Magnum, Raptor, Rougarou, & Wicked Twister as pretty good coasters that you can sometimes catch with little-to-no waits, but Maverick will remain a compelling argument for Fast Lane Plus.

It was pretty obvious to anyone not under a rock that the ride wasn't going to open in 2017 due to it not being hyped or announced by the park.

Go back to September of 2016 and read through this thread.

DirkFunk is totally right to gloat a little.

Dude who are you people and why do you exist and what exactly is the point of your post. It was pretty obvious to anyone not under a rock that the ride wasn't going to open in 2017 due to it not being hyped or announced by the park. Some people screw around just to razz people exactly like you, hell I even joked about 2017 because it was funny. How many more months of "where are all the people that blah blah blah" are we going to have to endure? Move on already. Sheesh.

"I'm not mad. I'm actually laughing."

People who would notice and recognize the significance of something like the station being WRMC almost certainly already know that the ride will be RMC. This doesn't seem like it's supposed to be a hint as much as it's Cedar Point having fun.

We interrupt this radio broadcast to bring you breaking news. There's something going on out west and you can be a part of it. The Boneville Gazette, in conjunction with WRMC 1870 AM Radio is presenting a special contest for lucky listeners to be the first to learn what's new at Cedar Point in 2018. Fifty lucky listeners will be chosen to come to the park just days before the public announcement and see for themselves what's been hiding on the other side of the tracks. They'll also each receive 2 tickets to the park, good for their visit that day. To be considered, submit a letter to the editor in 4 sentences or less, telling the Gazette what makes Frontier Town the best place to live for the law-abidin' folk who call it home. And the most important part, don't forget to tell us your cowboy or cowgirl nickname. You know, like George "French Fries" Newsome, or Sally "Eagle-eyed" Weston. Send your letter, along with your name, age, phone number, email address, and hometown to:

Tony "Calamity" Clark
1 Cedar Point Drive
Sandusky, OH 44870

Letters must be received by July 31st for consideration. Good luck from your friends at the Boneville Gazette and WRMC 1870!

Notice the name of the radio station.......

It's a red herring. It's definitely a B&M.

Don't believe what you see! WRMC, that LOW RATING FAKE NEWS station, says only LIES to discredit good, hardworking coasters. Sad! #MAB&MA