I'm coasting (pun intended) around the eastern US for about 9 days in 2018. I'm planning on hitting four parks, three of which are new to me. I will be riding my 100th coaster on this trip, and if I time it right, it will be Fury 325 IF I get all the credits I need beforehand.
May 29 - drive to Sandusky
May 30 - day at Cedar Point (for SV credit and some repeats)
May 31 - drive to KI, half day
June 1 - full day @ KI
June 2 - drive to Carowinds
June 3 - full day @ Carowinds
June 4 - half day Carowinds, drive north to KD
June 5 - full day @ KD
June 6 - catch some quick rides @ KD (I305, Twisted Timbers, any credits I missed), then home
My questions are...
- Do I have enough time budgeted out for each park?
- Any good inexpensive hotel recommendations?
- What should I expect for gas costs? (I live in MA)
- Fast Lane?
- What dining plan should I get?
- Are the water parks worth it? (Haven't budgeted in water parks as of now)
Note that I did two days @ CP in 2016, and while I got all the coaster credits, the big rides I missed were...
Iron Dragon VR (I went before they installed it, but I have the coaster credit)
Right side of Gatekeeper
Definitely going to try for multiple SV rides!