TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We sure do have a lot of good pizza here in Chicago. And not just freaking Lou Malnati's and Gino's. That's yuppie tourist fodder. Most of the best pizza is those corner/neighborhood places, mom and pop places… no

Lou Malnati's is brilliant pizza, though.

You better believe it! But Laurie's Pizza on Foster/Broadway (RIP) was much MUCH better. Srsly, the best places are the corner dives that tourists and trendies don't talk about.

Hoping the next element on Mean Streak is some sort of stall, but I'll take even more airtime in all shapes and sizes.

That would be nice! I would like a stall that exits twisting the opposite direction it enters from. Like Goliath at Great America, but flip out to the left not the right. Would that still be a stall? The names for some of these elements are kinda stupid.

From what I saw last, it looks like there is going to be some sort of twist like Iron Rattler.

Edited by JT325

We sure do have a lot of good pizza here in Chicago. And not just freaking Lou Malnati's and Gino's. That's yuppie tourist fodder. Most of the best pizza is those corner/neighborhood places, mom and pop places… no

Hoping the next element on Mean Streak is some sort of stall, but I'll take even more airtime in all shapes and sizes.

With my mindless scrolling, and your post being the first actual coaster-related post in a while, I expected your post to read:

"Hoping the next element on Mean Streak is some sort of pizza"

With my mindless scrolling, and your post being the first actual coaster-related post in a while, I expected your post to read:

"Hoping the next element on Mean Streak is some sort of pizza"

My sentiments exactly!

I really hope they add some sort of stall on mean streak. On twisted colossus I didn't expect the inversions to really add anything, but that top-gun stall turned out to be one of my favorite moments on the ride. Some massive top-gun stall more than 100 feet above the ground would be awesome!

FYI everybody, Mean Streak's first inversion is starting formation...

The steel ledgers for the next element are being constructed and show that it will be some type of inversion (Stall?, Zero-G? Dive Loop?). This is being constructed on the entrance to the turn above the lift (the same path the old Mean Streak took).

Ledgers also show that there's another short-ish speed airtime hill in between the giant outward banked hill and the first inversion. Directly adjacent to this airtime hill is a second airtime hill, but we don't know at which point the ride will make another loop or turn around to go over this second one.

Some massive top-gun stall more than 100 feet above the ground would be awesome!

I don't think the stall on Goliath at SFGAm is quite 100' in the air, but it is up there (maybe 80'?), and it's massive, and it's one of my favorite coaster elements of all time.

I dearly hope something similar is in the works for RMC Mean Streak.

Some massive top-gun stall more than 100 feet above the ground would be awesome!

I don't think the stall on Goliath at SFGAm is quite 100' in the air, but it is up there (maybe 80'?), and it's massive, and it's one of my favorite coaster elements of all time.

mine as well. i like that Goliath has nothing underneath. TC's is great in the 1 in 50 chance there is another train underneath you.

I dearly hope something similar is in the works for RMC Mean Streak.

Assuming mean streak is about 200+ feet and the approximate scale of the top gun stall is the same it would probably be around 100 if its early on in the ride. Either way that element is awesome, probably my favorite inversion of all time.

If anyone is planning on making a visit to CP May 11-25 (Sundays-Thursdays) they're running a promotion for rooms at Express Hotel (formerly Breakers Express) if you're a passholder (using the code PASS). I'm not sure if its valid for all passes or platinum passes, but for fun I looked up a one-night stay and it was $60 instead of the usual $100. So that's 40% off. Not bad at all. The renovations look great!

Are there still discounts for platinum passholders to Hotel Breakers? Never stayed there yet, but contemplating it for this year's end-of-summer road trip.

Yes - discount is still available. HB is one of the places I usually stay while in the Sandusky area.

Reservation confirmation states

"Season Pass Holder Rate

- Rate valid with 2017 Cedar Point Season Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.

- Pass must be presented at time of check-in or reservation subject to standard rate"

The rooms there are comfortable, and the location is great!

If anyone is planning on making a visit to CP May 11-25 (Sundays-Thursdays) they're running a promotion for rooms at Express Hotel (formerly Breakers Express) if you're a passholder (using the code PASS). I'm not sure if its valid for all passes or platinum passes, but for fun I looked up a one-night stay and it was $60 instead of the usual $100. So that's 40% off. Not bad at all. The renovations look great!

Are there still discounts for platinum passholders to Hotel Breakers? Never stayed there yet, but contemplating it for this year's end-of-summer road trip.

Yes - discount is still available. HB is one of the places I usually stay while in the Sandusky area.

Reservation confirmation states

"Season Pass Holder Rate

- Rate valid with 2017 Cedar Point Season Pass or Cedar Fair Platinum Pass.

- Pass must be presented at time of check-in or reservation subject to standard rate"

The rooms there are comfortable, and the location is great!

How do you book it? I don't see it online. Should I call?

Looks like the park is going to be announcing RMC Mean Streak soon!! Check their Twitter page.

Hey, the fact that the park is actually acknowledging New Mean Streak now is a HUGE step forward!! Looking forward to more information as it rolls in!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:

WHOA!!!

Cedar Point just announced New Mean Streak... and it looks fu**ing amazing!! Easily going to become the best ride in the park!!!

Maybe this whole transformation is nothing but a huge April Fools prank, and soon they will start the rest of the deconstruction.

Am I the only one who watched that teaser video like 5 times? Beautiful footage, and our first real legal footage of Mean Streak! (besides Chillout, which not everyone went to). The use of the word "they." Who is coming? The people? The announcements? Dueling interlocking corkscrews? Some sinister "they" that will become the new name and theme of Mean Streak?

I also have a weird feeling Cedar Point might take the video down after today and pretend it was all just an April Fools joke.

It almost seemed like there was a sound like a smokestack puffing towards the end up the video, which would lend some credence toward the notion that the name and "theme" of the coaster will be train or locomotive related. Maybe I'm reading into the sound, however... Regardless, I agree that it's nice we got SOMETHING official on RMC Streak, even if the timing of the video (April 1st) is peculiar.

Based on that teaser, I'm still betting this ride will be themed to Wild West rangers or sheriffs, the "law-abiding protectors of the frontier", here to take down the outlaw that's taken over the place (Maverick), and show the people who really runs Frontiertown. AKA one giant metaphor to show park goers which coaster really rules over the rest at Cedar Point.

You know in a lot of the leaked photos on the internet, I thought I spotted a drone. The pictures were too poor to really tell, but still how cool is it to see some legit footage released by the park this time around!