TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Hey guys don't you just love all the G's on Mavrick? I just love all that air time it is so wonderful! Can't wait to go back to feel the wind in my hair!!!

Maverick is my second favorite coaster at Cedar Point. The nice mixture of positive G's, and negative G's is amazing. The second launch is fast, and forceful, and the fast transitions are amazing! I can't wait for 20+ new rides on it this coming visit!

Read my edited post, bro... I don't speak this language.

I was going to say....this looks awfully suspicious & unusual for a prozach post!

She was getting back at me for childishly hacking her facebook account. It was well played.

For anyone who is interested. . . Cedar Point has finally released their Fast Lane (+) info for 2016.

Fast Lane Plus: (As low as $80.00)

VALRAVN

MAVERICK

TOP THRILL DRAGSTER

GATEKEEPER

(and all the below)

Fast Lane: (As low as $60.00)

ANTIQUE CARS

BLUE STREAK

CADILLAC CARS

CORKSCREW

DODGEM

GEMINI

GIANT WHEEL

LAKE ERIE EAGLES

MAGNUM XL-200

MAXAIR

MEAN STREAK

MILLENNIUM FORCE

MONSTER

PIPE SCREAM

POWER TOWER

RAPTOR

ROUGAROU

SCRAMBLER

SHOOT-THE-RAPIDS

SKYHAWK

SNAKE RIVER FALLS

TROIKA

WAVE SWINGER

WICKED TWISTER

WINDSEEKER

Now if they would just release the freaking VIP Tours!!

Hello! I am interviewing for a job at Cedar Point this week, if everything goes well I will be making the temporary move from Memphis, TN to Sandusky. Is there anyone else here that has moved across state lines to work at Cedar Point? If so how was the process of getting comfortable and making friends?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the interview or other things please feel free! I would enjoy to hear your experiences, thanks!

Hello! I am interviewing for a job at Cedar Point this week, if everything goes well I will be making the temporary move from Memphis, TN to Sandusky. Is there anyone else here that has moved across state lines to work at Cedar Point? If so how was the process of getting comfortable and making friends?

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for the interview or other things please feel free! I would enjoy to hear your experiences, thanks!

Hey! I actually just got hired for my first season at CP and I will be coming from out of state too. I might not be able to help you out as much as some other members here, but this is what I can tell you - for the interview, it's a pretty straight forward process. First is the phone interview that lasts about 10 minutes. They'll ask very simple things like, why do you want to work at CP? If that goes well, they'll schedule you for a Skype interview. That interview usually runs 30-45 min and some of the questions might be: What is an achievement you're most proud of? Tell me about a time where you've dealt with an unruly person in school or at a previous job and how did you handle the situation? Has there ever been a policy that you've been asked to follow that you didn't agree with? Are you willing to comply with CP's appearance guidelines? Will you be willing to submit to random drug testing and a background check? And depending on if you're interviewing for the rides department, they'll ask ride related questions- Do you have any problems with spinning motions, are you afraid of heights, would you be more comfortable with adult rides or kid rides, etc.

Depending on your answers, they usually offer you a position at the end of the interview. At that point they'll discuss where you'll be placed and what steps are next. It's all very easy and straight forward like I said before. After all of that, I would encourage you to join a Cedar Point Employees group on Facebook where you'll be able to ask questions and interact with other new and returning employees before your processing date. There you'll be able to make new friends before you even start working and might be able to find somebody who you'd want to room with.

Good luck with the interview!

I came here from Colorado in 2012. Went back to Colorado at the end of the season, then back to Cedar Point in 2013. I've been here ever since and it's now my permanent home! Many people come from out of state and the friends you make will be friends for life (not even kidding.) I won't be returning to Cedar Point this season (well, not all season at least, probably just the beginning and Hallowekeends) as I now have a full time job in town, but feel free to message me if you have any questions about coming here from so far away.

Moving across state lines to work at Cedar Point is not bad. Getting use to the living accommodations provided is a bit challenging. Especially if you're use to living on your own.

If you want to be in attractions make sure towards the end of the interview you politely ask to be put on the attraction you want to work. Obviously they won't make any guarantees, but they will do their best to make sure you're happy!

Just relax, and be prepared to have fun. Working at Cedar Point is a lot if long exhausting hours, but it is an amazing experience and you'll create friendships that will last a lifetime!!

Good luck!!! let us know how it goes!!

For anyone who is interested. . . Cedar Point has finally released their Fast Lane (+) info for 2016.

Fast Lane Plus: (As low as $80.00)

VALRAVN

MAVERICK

TOP THRILL DRAGSTER

GATEKEEPER

(and all the below)

Fast Lane: (As low as $60.00)

ANTIQUE CARS

BLUE STREAK

CADILLAC CARS

CORKSCREW

DODGEM

GEMINI

GIANT WHEEL

LAKE ERIE EAGLES

MAGNUM XL-200

MAXAIR

MEAN STREAK

MILLENNIUM FORCE

MONSTER

PIPE SCREAM

POWER TOWER

RAPTOR

ROUGAROU

SCRAMBLER

SHOOT-THE-RAPIDS

SKYHAWK

SNAKE RIVER FALLS

TROIKA

WAVE SWINGER

WICKED TWISTER

WINDSEEKER

Lol why is Gatekeeper still a Fastlane Plus ride? It's lines are usually manageable unless it's early in the day and its capacity is insane. I feel like Fastlane Plus should always be on Dragster and Maverick because of their appeal / capacity and then the newest coaster.

Also I think you're approaching drinking game status with those VIP tours, you complain about it constantly. Have you tried calling the park? Just call them and politely explain how important you are and I'm sure they'll be happy to accommodate you.

Also I think you're approaching drinking game status with those VIP tours, you complain about it constantly. Have you tried calling the park? Just call them and politely explain how important you are

It's pretty ridiculous how often you post about it how you only do VIP tours. I understand their purpose and think its cool that its an option if you have the cash to spend, and I'm happy you can afford to do this when you go to parks but most people cannot afford that expense. Its really WAY out of most peoples budgets, parks are expensive to begin with. No need to constantly remind everyone in a tone that suggests you are better than most. Just sayin.

D.) None of the above. I prefer VIP Tours...

SDC for Christmas, and then VIP Tours at Dollwood, and Cedar Point next summer!

I really wish Cedar Point would release the VIP Tours for this year. I'm ready to book our vacation!! The website just keeps saying "Come back soon for more information." Or something like that.

FL(+) can't compare to the personalized experience of a VIP Tour.

Another reason we started booking VIP Tours at any park we go to... We don't have to wait for the front row!

Thankfully we book a VIP Tour so we avoid the lines, so it doesn't cut into our time on other attractions.

I'd still visit the parks, and continue to do VIP Tours at parks.

and my personal favorite

Ugh, thank god for parks having VIP Tours, because I can't handle waiting in line with the GP anymore.

And for the record all I had to do was search the terms "VIP Tours" and found those posts in less than 5 minutes.

Sooo, am I suppose to apologize for doing something that other people choose not to do? Anyone can do a VIP Tour at a park. It's not like they are restricted to a certain group of people.

Everyone has things that they enjoy at parks. VIP Tours happens to be what I enjoy doing at parks. I'm not trying to "rub it in anyone's face" or "act like I'm better than anyone" by posting about them.

Sooo, am I suppose to apologize for doing something that other people choose not to do? Anyone can do a VIP Tour at a park. It's not like they are restricted to a certain group of people.

Everyone has things that they enjoy at parks. VIP Tours happens to be what I enjoy doing at parks. I'm not trying to "rub it in anyone's face" or "act like I'm better than anyone" by posting about them.

First, I never asked for an apology. I just said the constant posts about it are not necessary.

Secondly, anyone can NOT do a VIP tour at a park. Not at the prices they usually cost. Its something MOST people cannot choose to do if they cannot afford it. VIP Tours are restricted to those that can afford it. Once again , if you got it like that - awesome! But most people do not.

Thirdly, posting things like "I cannot deal with waiting in line with the general public" in relation to VIP Tours does, without a doubt, suggest that you feel you are better than others.

Obviously I am not alone in this opinion.

First, I never asked for an apology. I just said the constant posts about it are not necessary.

There are plenty of other "constant" post to complain about. People constantly complaining about this coaster manufacturer, or that manufacturer. This restraint or that restraint. This transition or that transition.

I think my say, 10 post over the past few years about one topic are hardly "constant post."

. . . Thirdly, posting things like "I cannot deal with waiting in line with the general public" in relation to VIP Tours does, without a doubt, suggest that you are better than others.

About 99% of people who post on this site at some point or a other compare themselves to "being better than the general public" in some way or another. This just happens to be how I express my disliking for waiting in lines with the GP. I don't see how that's wrong.

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

About 99% of people who post on this site at some point or a other compare themselves to "being better than the general public" in some way or another.

That's one hell of a generalization that I 100% do not agree with. And even if it was an accurate statistic (which come on we know its not) does it make it OK to make posts that are all high and mighty just because someone else has? Nope, not at all. Sorry if offended you by calling you out, but I stand by everything I posted on this page, and again, I'm obviously not alone in that opinion.