TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Thank goodness. How about a traditional Arrow flume? No lap bars. Just a good old fashioned flume ride.

Or (if I can dream) a highly themed Log ride like Knotts!

Definitely a shame as shoot the rapids was a decent attraction albeit it did have its fair share of maintenance issues.

Cue "Intamin Hater" bandwagon in 3.....2.....1.....

I like the Intamin coasters in the park plenty. STR though? Awful. How do you build a log flume that can't float in the 21st century when randoms were able to figure it out in the 1920s?

I never did get a chance to ride STR, however I never felt I was missing out on much.

I remember back when it was announced, I was disappointed with the location. Though a small plot, I thought it would have been an interesting location for a coaster instead of a "NextGen" flume ride.

Interesting though, to say the least. Not super shocked though based on the maintenance issues.

Definitely a shame as shoot the rapids was a decent attraction albeit it did have its fair share of maintenance issues.

I like the Intamin coasters in the park plenty. STR though? Awful. How do you build a log flume that can't float in the 21st century when randoms were able to figure it out in the 1920s?

"Randoms"

"Randoms"

You know its true. Lake Winnie's log flume predates penicillin. It ain't rocket science.

I totally called this move a while ago!!! Really ever since the accident, I had a feeling this ride's life would be short-lived.

I'm happy they're doing this, because that flume was a dud from the beginning. I'm excited for that spot's potential future expansion.

"Randoms"

You know its true. Lake Winnie's log flume predates penicillin. It ain't rocket science.

i8g88.jpg

Same. I love Maverick and Millennium Force, but Shoot the Rapids was terrible.

Dang... I was one of the few fans of Shoot the Rapids. I loved the first drop. Oh well, the ride was plagued with mechanical issues, so it makes sense.

I'm with you, I actually really liked it on both of my visits since it opened.

Here's to hoping they can work a new flume in with the same theming and such. The ride really looks perfect for the location it's in, and I'd honestly hate to see that station building and the rockwork and such go to waste.

I actually never was able to ride it because it was down during pretty much all of my visits. With the flume problems Intamin has had between this and Giraffica, it's going to make it harder for them to get business in America. Cedar Fair will probably have a little falling out with them, and Six Flags won't be spending on anything big from them. I really hope they pull through this and do well with Taron and Flying Aces.

Outside of the drops, I thought Shoot the Rapids was just plain boring. Escape from Pompeii at Busch Gardens Williamsburg is a much better Intamin water ride, with actual theming and good physical effects; hell, Le Scoot at BGW is a better ride than Shoot the Rapids.

Edited by cfc

Personally, I see a couple flat rides on the mainland (where the station/queue are currently located), and eventually (when Dinos Alive leaves) the remainder of Adventure Island be used for a coaster that interacts with Millennium Force. They already have a gift shop in place for it.

Too bad they didn't build an Mack water coaster, but now they have the chance to in the future.

That would've been a great idea. Mack Watercoasters are fairly reliable.

I think most people, deep in their hearts, know that Dinosaurs Alive was a horrible idea from the get go.

Glad to hear that.

I think most people, deep in their hearts, know that Dinosaurs Alive was a horrible idea from the get go.

Glad to hear that.

People will tell you otherwise and that it was great to get in school kids. They are lying to themselves. They know it is crap. Horrible useless awful crap.