TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, VegasBaby said:

Because you have groups of people that want to ride together in the same train and sometimes that leaves empty seats.  Pretty sure that WW at SFFT had a single rider line, not sure if they still do.

Had.. they removed it because people were taking advantage, so what was Single Rider became Flash Pass line only.

there is a grouper at the front of the main station on busy days now, and they use the grouper to try and fill up every seat in the train.

(which I have been told is the same way they will be handling the odd seating for Dr. Diabolical Cliffhanger (7 across). . no single rider line, but with a grouper to fill all seats)

20 hours ago, VegasBaby said:

Because you have groups of people that want to ride together in the same train and sometimes that leaves empty seats.  Pretty sure that WW at SFFT had a single rider line, not sure if they still do.

Jersey Devil generally has a grouper at the entrance to the station who is directing guests into each seat while the train is moving. When there is an extra seat or two in the rear of the train (due to what you are describing) they'll yell out for a single rider from the standby queue and its usually filled quickly and without issue. Maybe SFMM will design the queue to have an additional single rider line but JDC is not set up that way and it feels like it would be pretty pointless given the set up/procedure they have in place which seems to work out fine when this scenario pops up.

On 3/3/2022 at 12:04 PM, jarmor said:

Go ahead and say it.  It's ugly as shit lol.

It's a war crime.  Tatsu, presented by Nickelodeon Slime Time Live.

I also noticed that Medusa's repaint is going to be bright orange and green too.  I think American Dream Mall had a crap load of Nick Universe paint left over and sold it to Six Flags for cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

^^^That was actually a big thing for Cedar Fair back in the 90s when I worked for them (at CP).  Nothing painted black; no ominous or scary names, and no blood.  We used to joke that CP wanted to paint everything blue. 

I think it's best to paint a ride whatever might make sense or look good for it's name or something...  So happy we have our ominous/disco-y Demon at SF Great America.  I can't imagine it painted anything other than black. 

At some point in the last 2 decades, Six Flags started really barfing out some ugly coaster color schemes.  Or perhaps it was before that even.  I was an intern at SFOT in 1995 and the awesome Shock Wave was painted with white loops and track, tan supports and Pepto Bismol® pink on the interior of the loops.  It's never had a good, happy color scheme since.  Talk about a ride that deserves some respect - get on those classic trains while you still can.

Back to Tatsu, it looks ok from some angles.  I was  hoping they would keep the red rails... but oh well.  It's one of 2 coasters that actually scares me.  The other is X2 (which I especially love).  The "surprise you're 500 feet up" views really scare the heck out of me, in a good way.

28 minutes ago, southpuddle said:

Well that’s subjective. But if that’s the case then someone better tell Universal that their marketing would be more effective for Velocicoaster if the track was neon orange 🙃

We are talking about Six Flags, right? lol

I  honestly, really think, that the coaster-riding public, doesn't give a flying f about the "color scheme" etc. They want a thrilling coaster ride. Period. IMhO.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Superbatboy said:

Any color would've looked better than the faded mess Tatsu looked like before 

Agreed, I don't really care what colors they paint the coasters, I'm just glad they are painting them!

• Like 1