TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb & Elissa in the USA - 2017!

^ I have NO idea what language this is you all are speaking.

LOL. . I'm old.

(seriously, it took me a good 20 minutes to realize Elissa and coasterbill were talking about Pokemon Go).

And I basically waited for somebody else (Thanks Bert!) to explain. I'm older.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting caught up on this report. Looks like you all have had a lot of fun so far. Mystic Timbers looks really great, and I agree that Cedar Fair's recent additions to Kings Island have really done a lot for it. Can't wait to see the Missouri parks!

Our next stop was Holiday World! We also did a split night/next day here at this park which helped get some night rides in, do some filming in the early morning on some coasters and at the water park, but then head out so we didn't have a long open to close day. It was a very nice relaxing visit to the park! We actually spent more time in the water park this time around and if there is one thing I have to say as a ProTip for this water park (and really all water parks) is GET THE CABANA!!! I seriously do not think I can do a water park visit without doing one anymore. It's just so nice to have a place to relax, put your stuff, and have food brought to you all in a nice little private area. It's the only way to fly!

Anyway, here's some photos & video...

DF8hXQaU0AAO02k.jpg

TPR has just arrived at Holiday World! Time for some Raven Voyage Legend Thunderbird fun!!!

DF8hkFRVoAEA_HS.jpg

Time for a front seat ride on The Voyage!

DF8Z5Y8XcAAPJWx.jpg

Obligatory Santa photo!

DF8ifajVwAEZfzo.jpg

Sun has set and night rides on Voyage will be had soon!

DF8r0IxUIAIpFOS.jpg

DF8r0IuVYAAb5An.jpg

Night ride on Legend...

DF8y4BpUMAAy6qv.jpg

DF8y4BqUQAA6aj5.jpg

DF8y4CjVwAAsJaf.jpg

Still my personal favorite coaster at Holiday World!

DF86SdfUMAEpa6x.jpg

DF86SrgVwAAvdCx.jpg

DF86SrgUIAAAK-k.jpg

DF86TueVwAAFECd.jpg

The holidays of Holiday World! Halloween is my personal favorite!

DF9AlitV0AAg0t9.jpg

DF9AliuVYAAhjqX.jpg

DF9AlivUwAEo1_S.jpg

Like most TPR trips to Holiday World half the group ended their night on Voyage, half on Raven!

DF9Ali3UMAEraJq.jpg

Had a great evening! We will be back tomorrow morning!

DF_EgbIU0AAH-IB.jpg

Good morning Holiday World! We are ready for day two!

DF_JzB3UwAEVJH3.jpg

DF_JzB2UQAE7_5I.jpg

DF_JzB3UwAIOc1I.jpg

We have arrived at Thunderbird! Time for some ERT and filming on the world's only launched B&M Wing Rider.

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DF_PNsdUIAE5-Au.jpg

DF_PNsgVYAAgmHc.jpg

Time to ride Thunderbird!

DF_8C4eUIAEgNn_.jpg

DF_8C4fUwAA3mlm.jpg

DF_8C48UMAAdMRb.jpg

DF_8C48VoAARU28.jpg

We would appear to be having a VERY good time on Thunderbird!

DGAvgHTVwAAC_km.jpg

DGAvgIPUAAA24bp.jpg

DGAvgIRVwAEeVqP.jpg

The Thunderbird crew wanted us to share some coaster "nerd" shots of the control panel!

DGA7DF8VoAAwUUk.jpg

The launch on Thunderbird is awesome!

DGBJU6iUQAAAAm6.jpg

DGBJU7aU0AE8Rg8.jpg

DGBJU7bU0AA6zzY.jpg

DGBJU6oUAAAVtdL.jpg

Just a few more awesome ridercam photos from our Thunderbird shoot!

DF_l9-9UQAA-wLg.jpg

Taking some early rides on Mammoth at Holiday World because the water rides are just as awesome as the roller coasters!!!

DF_ySIzVoAAq89F.jpg

While we are here... might as well take a few rides on Holiday World's other awesome water ride Wildebeest!

DF_2NM9V0AAEvXo.jpg

DF_2NM_UAAA5GVn.jpg

DF_2NQ3UwAAD-oc.jpg

DF_2NpYUQAA_sEw.jpg

We love Mammoth & Wildebeest! Some of the world's best water rides!

DGACPJWUIAAGEpl.jpg

Renting a cabana... the correct way to do a water park!

[twitter]

[/twitter]

DGAIIx1VwAAFGLw.jpg

DGAIIx1V0AAMa_l.jpg

Remember... you are not "shooting" the turkeys you are "calling" the turkeys!

DGALHVrV0AE8OKy.jpg

DGALHVrV0AAa2GZ.jpg

Still the best themed "Tilt-a-Whirl" ever!

DGAQHl7VYAANkKM.jpg

DGAQHl8VYAAXtu5.jpg

I'm sensing a trend here...

DGAYUQDVwAAIwsa.jpg

DGAYUQAVoAAMkjv.jpg

What? Didn't you know the pilgrims traveled by roller coaster?

DGAd2s-UIAECsBi.jpg

An empty Raven station to get as many re-rides as you want is a beautiful sight!

DGAigPTVYAE-NxB.jpg

DGAigPbV0AAfPdH.jpg

DGAigPSUIAAjhGa.jpg

It's been a great water park day so far here!

DGBOsh7UIAAY66E.jpg

I love how well even simple flat rides are themed to fit the lands they are located in!

DGBU1cdUMAE9Hop.jpg

DGBU1ccVoAA92ro.jpg

DGBU1cdUMAIQnSl.jpg

As a personal tradition, I always take the last ride of my at Holiday World visit on Raven and that's exactly what I did... TWICE!

DGBWUWZUQAAGMDt.jpg

DGBWUWcVYAAVdkI.jpg

Had another wonderful visit to Holiday World! Thank you again for all the great hospitality!

Now please POST YOUR COMMETS! After all, we took the time to write the report, thru very least you can do is say something about it!

Edited by robbalvey

Great photos!! Holiday World is a major "bucket list" park for me it seems like such a nice relaxing park like Dollywood. Really need to make it out there in the next few years. Hopefully part of a Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, and Holiday World combo trip!

Nice report. Looks like you guys had a great time at HW world. However, I refuse to attend any cabana that doesn't include an option for a waitress or waiter delivering an ice cold cocktail.

That would definitely be an amazing perk lol!

Nice report. Looks like you guys had a great time at HW world. However, I refuse to attend any cabana that doesn't include an option for a waitress or waiter delivering an ice cold cocktail.

I was a little surprised that they didn't offer this service. Hopefully in the coming years we'll at least see some service brought to the cabanas...alcohol is a whole other story!

Those photos on Thunderbird are great! Haven't had a chance to ride T-Bird yet, so I'd have to say my favorite rides at Holiday World are still Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest.

At Holiday World Cabana rental is essential. Love this park I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend? when I visited last year the changes they made put that coaster way up on my list.

I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend?

To be honest I am not familiar with the coaster well enough to notice that much of a difference from the last time I rode a few year ago. It seemed like it was running the best of the three woodies, however. Raven was running unfortunately pretty rough and I didn't ride Voyage this visit. I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around!

Personally my favorite three attractions at Holiday World are Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest. Even though Raven was not running as well as in previous visits, I did ride it multiple times (mostly in the very front though.)

Edited by robbalvey

Great report!

I thought Raven was the roughest coaster in the park when we visited a few months ago and sadly that's the only time we've ever ridden it. Hopefully they do some track work and get it running a little smoother. I'd love to give it a shot when it's running a little better and see what all the hype is about with that thing because after our ride this year we totally weren't getting it.

Great report! I went on a very cloudy and stormy day, so it's nice seeing photos from a much brighter visit by comparison.

I was really impressed in my one visit. I didn't find Voyage unbearably rough. It definitely was aggressive, especially the further back you got, but I definitely really enjoyed the ride. I also marathon Boulder Dash quite a bit and I know others have found that ride pretty rough as well recently.

It's a shame to hear that about Raven, though it helps confirming Bill isn't crazy in his assessment from earlier this year. Raven was my favorite coaster when I visited (Legend was good, not great; Voyage was too much for me), hopefully it'll get some TLC treatment soon a la Legend.

I might have missed it but what did you guys think of the retracked portion of Legend?

To be honest I am not familiar with the coaster well enough to notice that much of a difference from the last time I rode a few year ago. It seemed like it was running the best of the three woodies, however. Raven was running unfortunately pretty rough and I didn't ride Voyage this visit. I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around!

Personally my favorite three attractions at Holiday World are Raven, Mammoth, and Wildebeest. Even though Raven was not running as well as in previous visits, I did ride it multiple times (mostly in the very front though.)

I liked all the three woodies fairly equally with Voyage night right front row being my favorite. Back row was great until after the last tunnel. It was Ghostrider pre retrack torture. Back to try to catch up on sleep in the cabana after that.

Holiday World has to be my favorite park and I'd been going to it since I was 3. I hadn't been since 2011 so there was a lot of new goodies to ride. Raven was actually my first coaster I ever rode. I love Wildebeest and Mammoth but Wildebeest is way better in my opinion. The whole spinning tube on Mammoth makes it unique. Surprisingly I can get my hubby to ride those but can't get him to ride one of the coasters. Thunderbird was so cool and worth wait it had. Glad you had a great visit and I hope to catch y'all at a park sometime.

As soon as I saw the link to this report, my first thought was your opinion of Voyage this time around.

A very wise decision to consider proper rib and spinal alignment versus coaster riding for the remainder of your trip.

I've never been a huge Voyage fan and after I heard comments like "I might need to go to the hospital" after one of our people rode, I felt it was best to skip it this time around!

Yikes, lol, like Philrad I was sifting through the comments to see how Voyage has been recently! Gravity Group has done some fine coasters, but its rides sure can develop a feral bite. I've had some real Jekyll/Hyde experiences on GG coasters, and Voyage, to me, can make you appreciate the school of "less is more." A nice litmus test is that if a GG coaster train comes back to the station and you see smiling kids and their parents, it's a good sign. If a train comes back and the only people aboard are from that small fringe group that marathons water rides alone on cold nights, you best buckle up for a wild ride.

Loving the report!

Awesome report! I know what you guys mean about Raven. I visited the park for the first time last year and actually did a similar "night before, morning after" trip. My first ride on Raven was in the back at night, and despite some of the hills having some jackhammering moments, I'll never forget how terrifying some of the drops were, not knowing the layout and being pitch black outside. I think we rode it two or three more times in the back just for pure shock value. That coasters kicks ass, I hope they give it a little maintenance.

Splashin' Safari is one amazing park. Wildebeest really set the bar when it comes to a memorable water coaster. That shed drop!

Sad to hear a consistent trend about Voyage being so rough in the back half of the season. The ride is stellar when it's just: aggressive".