SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

P. 40: Sesame Street Parade, Taumata Racer & more in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Re: SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:00 am

Dang. For a family ride, this is looking seriously badass. :lover:
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I think Intamin has shown us with Cheetah Hunt that it can "do the crap out of a family ride." I'm sure this will be tons of fun.

:)
David

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:46 pm

jynx242 wrote:I think Intamin has shown us with Cheetah Hunt that it can "do the crap out of a family ride." I'm sure this will be tons of fun.

:)
David

Agreed, if Wave Breaker is half as fun as Cheetah Hunt, SWSA will have a huge hit on their hands!
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Can I park my donkey here?

UPDATE - Wave Breaker SeaWorld San Antonio

Postby chieftom1 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:27 pm

Hello Everyone,

It is Spring Break time here in San Antonio so I decided to head over to SeaWorld to see how far along the construction is on their NEW roller coaster, Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster.

I was very much surprised when I saw how much of the track has already been installed. In SeaWorld's latest release they estimate that over 70% of the track has been laid. Both magnetic launchers have been installed and you can now almost follow along how the coaster will traverse the lake.

I took a number of pictures today in order to show you the progress the construction crew has made on Wave Breaker. I sure hope I get the picture descriptions correct. There is a lot of track spaghetti out there and trying to figure out stuff can be daunting. I also cropped a few stills off of SeaWorld's video of Wave Breaker and a few from Coaster Studios. I hope I don't run afoul of either of them for using something from their videos.

Enjoy
Shot16.jpg
Some perspective as to where Wave Breaker was sited on the lake. The Great White would be to the viewers left. You can also see The Steel Eel and how it willcome close to the Wave Breaker's track.
Shot18.jpg
Screen shot of Wave Breaker's final run back to the station.
DSCF2523.JPG
This what that final run looks like now.
DSCF2506.JPG
What the final run out looks like during construction.
DSCF2522.JPG
The lower track is the last hill before the final run back to the station. The upper track is the first hill after you are launched.
DSCF2524.JPG
A different perspective of the first and last hills.
Shot7.jpg
This is an aerial shot of the first hill as it goes up and curves left and over the final hill which is going back to the station. This shot was taken from SeaWorld's construction video.
DSCF2534.JPG
This shows how the first hill goes over the return one.
DSCF2539.JPG
A picture of the first hill after the launch.
DSCF2555.JPG
A different perspective of the first hill. You can view both magnetic launcher areas including the one prior to the first hill which is said to be only 61 feet. But I think they mean it will be 61 feet ABOVE the water as I suspect they will flood the construction area when the coaster comnpletes all of its inspection runs.
Shot6.jpg
Both magnetic launchers are seen in this picture taken from SeaWorld's video. The first launch rail is the one on the left.
Shot21.jpg
In this screen shot from the video rendition of the Wave Breaker you can see the first hill and then the second hill which looks a lot higher than the first. That one has not yet been erected.
Shot8.jpg
A screen shot off SeaWorld's construction video. This shows the first launch hill and much of the construction site.
First Hill.JPG
First hill and the last hill going back to the station. The Steel Eel is to the left.
DSCF2544.JPG
General construction photo. The Great White is in the background with the Steel Eel in the foreground.
DSCF2536.JPG
You can see how they incorporated the small island in the middle of the lake into Wave Breaker's run.
DSCF2527.JPG
General picture showing both launch areas.
DSCF2529.JPG
General picture showing the different track runs. The one on the right if coming off the first hill. The track on the left is the final run back to the station.
DSCF2545.JPG
Some coaster track spaghetti. The Great White is in the background.
DSCF2550.JPG
Another general construction photo.
Shot3.jpg
Looking down the second launcher.
Shot19.jpg
Screen shot of Wave Breaker taken from a SeaWorld video.
Shot21.jpg
Screen shot taken from SeaWorld's video.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/0a51f2046bc5a4cc1f676869c03155d4.jpg[/img][/url]

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:23 am

Just a minor nerd comment but I love when parks don't release the full layout image or a POV of a ride when announcing the attraction, makes it a lot more fun when you finally get on the ride for the first time. Also I didn't realize this thing is going to be almost entirely over the water, should look great and and make for a really unique experience. I honestly kind of forgot about this ride being built but it might turn out to be the surprise of the year in America at least.

Also if you are reading this Cedar Point, keep on doin you, don't announce or reveal anything, just build the thing then open it.

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 am

^^ thanks for that. This ride really looks like it could be awesome!
Look for the humor in anything and you will find it.
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman: The Ride - Intimidator 305 -
Wicked Cyclone - Phantoms Revenge - Millennium Force - Storm Runner - Nitro

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:35 am

It's coming along nicely. Good to see a new Intamin ride being built in the U.S.

Postby Gav » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:56 am

A different perspective of the first hill. You can view both magnetic launcher areas including the one prior to the first hill which is said to be only 61 feet.

You can see it's a tyre drive launch like the other Intamins of this model (Juvulen, Jet Resuce, Mick Doohans Motocoaster)

Planning on retiring to Radiator Springs

Postby Skramp » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Love the pictures!! But, its funny to see how small the supports are for this type of coaster compared to others. They don't look big at all, but could also have to do to how close most of the coaster is to the ground.
Who was that again?

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Skramp wrote:Love the pictures!! But, its funny to see how small the supports are for this type of coaster compared to others. They don't look big at all, but could also have to do to how close most of the coaster is to the ground.

From the photos, it looks there will be a small lake beneath the coaster to give the appearance of a jet ski skimming over the water, so that's probably the reason the coaster is being built so low to the ground.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!